Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She could be brain dead but declared as stable. The news reporting was really weird, almost as if she had already died

Reactions: 3
Being unconscious, needing airway management and home within days is definitely interesting.
Even with the NHS on their knees I'm sure most of us would still be on a ward having our bacterial infection treated with various antibiotics.
One would assume Madonnas treatment is continuing in a controlled environment at home, with medics.

Reactions: 11
Another explanation is that she is actually not very ill - but exhausted tying to get fit for this tour. Maybe they have had to “postpone” as she just can’t manage it.
Again - possible echos of Michael Jackson.

Reactions: 7
This has just brought forth the stark reality i have no contingency plans for Madonna's death :eek: never thought there'd be a time without her. Haven't followed her career since like a prayer and think she's an hole but by god she has stayed relevant for decades which is a skill in itself. She's the original queen of pop. Never thought she'd end up on drugs if that's what's happened. Though if it's pain you can understand why she's become addicted.

Reactions: 17
As so many have already said, the reporting on this has been odd. I bet Guy never expected people to pick up on it.

Unfortunately, I don’t see this ending well for her. I wish I could. Something is deeply wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes it doesn’t add up. Contradictions all over the place.
We’ll just have to wait and see what emerges over the next few days/weeks.
In many cases the media knows a lot more than it can reveal so we just have to read between the lines.
It looks pretty bad.

Reactions: 5
This has just brought forth the stark reality i have no contingency plans for Madonna's death :eek: never thought there'd be a time without her. Haven't followed her career since like a prayer and think she's an hole but by god she has stayed relevant for decades which is a skill in itself. She's the original queen of pop. Never thought she'd end up on drugs if that's what's happened. Though if it's pain you can understand why she's become addicted.
Unfortunately I think fans keep these artists relevant for too long. Not saying people can't be fans of an artist as they grow older, but when fans are kissing the artist's ass and acting as if they "still got it" at an advanced age, it does get a bit embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, some artists do still have it at a decent age, but many others simply don't. It feels as though they just continue performing because it's a nice bit of money for them. Then the concert organisers bring in these ex-big names from USA, usually soul/motown singers and it's clear they aren't the same as they once were.

Reactions: 10
I think it just goes to show that we’re so used to Madonna never being ill, people are wildly speculating and freaking out. She’s been injured yes, but you’d never hear about her being seriously ill.

Whether you like her or not, she’s been a constant in most of our lives, and she’s always been so physically and mentally* strong.

*I know she’s not really been herself mentally in the last few years, but my point still stands.

Reactions: 15
Unfortunately I think fans keep these artists relevant for too long. Not saying people can't be fans of an artist as they grow older, but when fans are kissing the artist's ass and acting as if they "still got it" at an advanced age, it does get a bit embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, some artists do still have it at a decent age, but many others simply don't. It feels as though they just continue performing because it's a nice bit of money for them. Then the concert organisers bring in these ex-big names from USA, usually soul/motown singers and it's clear they aren't the same as they once were.
Madonna's the main person trying to keep Madonna relevant. She's been beyond desperate in this respect for a good few years now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think it just goes to show that we’re so used to Madonna never being ill, people are wildly speculating and freaking out. She’s been injured yes, but you’d never hear about her being seriously ill.

Whether you like her or not, she’s been a constant in most of our lives, and she’s always been so physically and mentally* strong.

*I know she’s not really been herself mentally in the last few years, but my point still stands.
That’s a very positive interpretation, that people are only noticing this because of how strong she usually is. I mean I guess you’re right but she’s only early 60s, I’d expect most people of that age to be pretty well if they have a healthy lifestyle.

I like her (less so recently), I fully acknowledge her Queen status, I was a massive fan girl for years but I couldn’t believe it when another tour was announced. That seemed like a terrible idea for someone who just didn’t seem very well. She has looked truly awful for several years now and comes across as completely deranged half the time.

The fact that her people haven’t managed to keep this under wraps says to me that it’s serious. I agree with other posters that it has major MJ vibes.

Reactions: 9
Madge is 65 in August; If she had not gone into all the surgery lark then she'd be in a lot better state than she currently is. Silly girl

Reactions: 11
It's easy to draw comparisons between Madonna and Jackson. But i'm not sure it's so black and white *hair toss*. Jackson went through so much more trauma for far longer with both his childhood and the Pepsi accident.

Madonna has obviously had significant struggles (which started being noticeable when Roco left her tour to move to London) but she dosen't seem on the same level of damage as Jackson.

She was never going to grow old gracefully, but I don't assume her internal struggles are mirrored by her external look. If that makes much sense; trying to say it diplomatically.

Reactions: 7
So what does everyone on here think has happened? I know we are speculating and it could be sepsis but personally it doesn't ring true. I'm thinking it's a prescription drug overdose. Purely going on some blinds about her and I guess her weird behaviour, plus all the surgery would require strong pain.

Reactions: 12
I love the music but I don't pay much attention to what she does. I did watch the Jimmy Fallon interview because someone mentioned it here, she's a little slurred but with it. I've seen the tiktoks with the big puffy face, that is genuinely crazy looking.
I don't know 🤷‍♀️ wee word of advice, messing with your beautiful face is stoopid, please don't.
I think people think its drug related because she's behaving a little strange and Madonna was never strange.

Reactions: 6
Like some have said, you would have to already have an infection for it to suddenly make you 'unresponsive' and if she had an infection she would have already been feeling ill. Also her team having a zoom call as they thought she was going to die.

Reactions: 5
Like some have said, you would have to already have an infection for it to suddenly make you 'unresponsive' and if she had an infection she would have already been feeling ill. Also her team having a zoom call as they thought she was going to die.
Sorry to quote you, because this is more a question for the thread in general!

But how true do you guys think the “unresponsive” part is, or her loved ones preparing for the worst? Because both these things have only come from the media.

If you go by her manager‘s statement, it doesn’t really seem as weird, an infection like that is one of these random things that sadly get serious quickly and happen to anyone. The only thing that’s unusual about the “official“ version of events is how quickly she was sent home after being in intensive care. But like others have pointed out, she can get good care at home.

One thing that‘s surprised me is how she was taken to the hospital on Saturday, and word only got out on Wednesday. I‘m amazed and impressed that nothing was leaked before then.

Reactions: 6
🤷‍♀️ I just see a woman who looks unrecognisable and was very angry when people noticed.
If she wasn't unresponsive I'm sure her management would have corrected it. Celebs are in and out of hospitals all the time, its only leaked if they want it to be or in Jacksons case when he was dying.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.