Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got into her when the Music album was released. From there I got the Immaculate Collection album and became such a huge fan. Saw her live, even travelling abraod to do it because it was cheaper.

So I was a huge fan for fifteen years, from 2000 - 2015 but it all seemed to start going horribly wrong for her during the Rebel Heart era.

Madame X was the last straw for me. Utterly awful album that I listened to twice then deleted. Then there was her behaviour during lockdown, comments like how she wanted to blow up the white house (I don't care how much I dislike a president, I can't support people who say things like that) and the disturbing Instagram content and I can't acknowledge her anymore.
Same for me re: Madame X. I've been a life long fan - first saw her at Wembley Stadium for Blond Ambition and got to see every tour since then bar Madame X. I'm currently ticketless for the Celebration Tour - my friends are quite amazed how I've resisted so far! I just refuse to pay the extortionate ticket prices and I dread that the classic hits will be butchered with awful remixes and rappers. But if I like what I see and I can get a ticket during the week of the shows (which we all know do become available) then I might, just might pop along.

Reactions: 6
Trouble is, the hands and neck always give away your age, no matter what you do to the face. It’s such a shame seeing her like this.

Reactions: 14
I'm the same age as Madge. Yes I have white hair now and a few extra curves but bloody hell I'm glad I don't look like she does!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I'm the same age as Madge. Yes I have white hair now and a few extra curves but bloody hell I'm glad I don't look like she does!
Same here, I stopped dyeing my hair as the face was looking older than the hair. No way would I want that massive moon shaped shiny face of hers with the fish like lips.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She was always a good looking person who would have aged well. If she just had a reasonable amount of tweaks and started to dress in maybe an eccentrically stylish way she would be looking fine.

She was never going to settle for that though.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I have never liked her or her music / videos I just think the evil in her is coming out she always struck me as a very nasty piece of work with more confidence and bloody mindedness than talent. And why on earth did she adopt those poor kids from Africa, she's not the maternal type as far as I can make out, even her biological son didn't want to be with her.
I agree, I have met two people who had separate dealings with her. Both said that she was an absolute nightmare. They had both met many celebrities in their lines of work. I asked them who was the worst. Both said. Madonna. Without a doubt. Terribly rude and self absorbed.

Reactions: 17

Yel

She liked this the last time she got headlines over her look.

Of course it's ageism and misogyny

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I was thinking exactly this. She was such a pioneer in her youth that I thought she would age with style and grace - rather like Katharine Hepburn, who seemed completely at ease with being older. Who would have thought Madonna would fight so fiercely against ageing? I know there are complicated emotional reasons for it but I wish she'd just gone with the natural look.

This is Melanie Ciccone, the sister closest in age to her. The pic gives an idea of how Madonna would have looked without the surgery.
Her sister has excellent bone structure. Shame Madonna didn’t just ‘stay the course’ with ageing. But then with narcissists - they can’t accept they are getting older. I always thought of Madonna as a rebel and she didn’t care what people thought. That’s obviously bollocks. Shame.

Reactions: 21
She liked this the last time she got headlines over her look.

Of course it's ageism and misogyny
I'm getting so sick of this defence when anyone suggests anything that is not 100% glowing praise towards a woman. It's just another silencing tactic.

• Heart
I've always been a life-long Madonna fan starting from the VHS of Burning Up, Borderline & Lucky Star. Then mum and dad bought me the VHS of The Virgin Tour in 1985, for Christmas, resulting in the young Crazy learning all of the dance moves. I adored her. I have been honoured to have seen:-

Who's That Girl
Blond Ambition
The Girlie Show
Drowned World
Confessions
Sticky & Sweet
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X

and have got Block A tickets for The Celebration Tour for my 50th thanks to Mr Crazy (£3.2k a ticket).

I am very sceptical about the Celebration Tour. She struggled with Madame X tbh. As a young girl she inspired me. I have a huge collection of memoribillia, picture discs, magazines etc. She was my whole life growing up. My bedroom walls were plastered with posters etc and still have a massive mint condition haul).

I have always been a huge fan but WTF is she doing to herself. My fave era was the Ray of Light album. She was so beautiful then but I cringe at the plastic surgery now. Makes me so sad tbh.

I fell in love with her at Lucky Star and Borderline. 😍 Great memories. 💖

---

---

Too bleeping much now. Honestly! 😒
---

I've always been a life-long Madonna fan starting from the VHS of Burning Up, Borderline & Lucky Star. Then mum and dad bought me the VHS of The Virgin Tour in 1985, for Christmas, resulting in the young Crazy learning all of the dance moves. I adored her. I have been honoured to have seen:-

Who's That Girl
Blond Ambition
The Girlie Show
Drowned World
Confessions
Sticky & Sweet
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X

and have got Block A tickets for The Celebration Tour for my 50th thanks to Mr Crazy (£3.2k a ticket).

I am very sceptical about the Celebration Tour. She struggled with Madame X tbh. As a young girl she inspired me. I have a huge collection of memoribillia, picture discs, magazines etc. She was my whole life growing up. My bedroom walls were plastered with posters etc and still have a massive mint condition haul).

I have always been a huge fan but WTF is she doing to herself. My fave era was the Ray of Light album. She was so beautiful then but I cringe at the plastic surgery now. Makes me so sad tbh.

I fell in love with her at Lucky Star and Borderline. 😍 Great memories. 💖

---

---

Too bleeping much now. Honestly! 😒
It is. She is ruining her legacy big time. 💯

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
What’s not helping is the pleated hair… why would you making your hair look like antennae or pretzels?

Her forehead is now as vast as the Sahara and thanks to the Confessions of a Dancefloor Era we know she can rock a fringe…

Someone on another thread thinks this is a manifestation of her still trying to shock by morphing into a campy grotesque. It’s not outwith the realms of possibility but either way, she’s butchered herself. Looking at the pic of her sister drives that home tenfold.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm listening to Ray of Light and it's making me so sad to know she went from that to this.

Over twenty years on and it's such an incredible album, totally timeless and not one bad track. The videos and the Drowned World tour were phenomenal as well.

She could have become an icon for older female performers if she'd just accepted age with grace. Could have gone the route of making music in the same vein as Substitute for Love, which is so gorgeous, rather than insisting on all the leaping about the stage flashy stuff still. It's horrible seeing what's actually happened.

Reactions: 17
What’s not helping is the pleated hair… why would you making your hair look like antennae or pretzels?

Her forehead is now as vast as the Sahara and thanks to the Confessions of a Dancefloor Era we know she can rock a fringe…

Someone on another thread thinks this is a manifestation of her still trying to shock by morphing into a campy grotesque. It’s not outwith the realms of possibility but either way, she’s butchered herself. Looking at the pic of her sister drives that home tenfold.
Antennae and pretzels 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I see she's blaming all the predictable ISMs this morning. No Madonna it's got nothing to do with age or sex . You have paid for these procedures through your vanity/ fear of a few laughter lines/narcissism and have ended up looking like a freak and people are going to comment.
It's the opposite of rebellious, cool and edgy.

Sadly I think she has a huge drink or prescription drugs problem. Who wouldn't with that looking back at you in the mirror.

Reactions: 18
Oh Madonna you blame the patriarchy for dissing your looks, yet your photographed with two entitled men, one being Sam Smith who complained about male and female categories at the Brits which were scrapped and resulted in not one woman being nominated for the best artist this year! Hope you told him!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.