Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's strange how they can't see it and continue with their surgeries and procedures. Facial dismorphia?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm sure looking old (her age) would have been preferable? Or just a good surgeon. Why not just facelifts? All that stuffing has made her head a balloon PMSL

• Haha
She would still be beautiful if she had let herself age naturally.
---

People on Twitter are saying she looks like Pete Burns.
I was thinking somewhere between Jessica Alves and the Bride of Wolfenstein (not sure if that's her name)

Reactions: 15
I saw Madonna on the “who’s that girl?” Tour in 1987.. she was so cool. I desperately wanted to be like her, hair, clothes, a bit of make up… but now?! duck no!!! Totally absorbed in some odd world filled with yes people.. shame

Reactions: 17
So SICK of this woman. Sorry. The video with her and Amy Schumer and Jack Black. Oh my god. Was that all supposed to be ironic? If so it really did NOT work at all, in fact it seemed like they were all into the pathetic teenage sex talk and stupid truth or dares and that just made me feel pretty sick and sad. Admittedly I am menopausal and generally quite depressed but that really didn't help. I'm about 10 years younger than Madonna and grew up with her. I absolutely do not look at her like GOALZ - am I supposed to be in awe because she's got a face like a balloon and can dress like a teenager, show her tits and talk about licking buttholes with all those gurning middle-aged fools?

It just makes me sad and nostalgic and like she's destroyed some very nice memories, in the same way that it becomes really hard to remember a parent positively when you've had 10 years of losing them to dementia.

I remember how much I WORSHIPPED her in the 80s and early 90s and how cool she was. She understood the age and herself and her audience perfectly. It all just worked brilliantly. So it;s completely tragic to see what she's become, the crappy performances and horrible instas and how obsessed she is with her looks, with being seen as sexual and appealing to men, with having high bouncy breasts and a tight butt and no wrinkles and apparently no idea that it all just looks incredibly weird.

I actually feel quite annoyed and upset, all hormonal no doubt but with some remaining sanity still in there. She can do what she likes of course but I think all these people surrounding her and egging her on are pretty grim. I think I'm going to try to ignore her from now on. (I probably won't succeed.)
I totally get this ♥
I wouldn't say that I was a massive Madonna fan, but she was just "there" as I grew up, (I'm a few years older than you @Lady_H , and a few years younger than Madge)
I've bought her albums, I've taken them to parties, and to my boyfriends' houses, so that we could make a tape to play in their cars. I saw her live, at Wembley stadium on a hot summer's day, she was a fantastic entertainer, never the world's best dancer, or singer, but she was bloody great. Fearless, sexy, confident, she did scare a lot of people but we loved her for it.
When she recorded "Ray of Light" and spoke of her feelings about becoming a mother, I absolutely got it. My son was born shortly before the song was released, and she just spoke to me, I still listen to that song, and it still speaks to me.
I can remember staying up late to watch the MTV awards, first the brilliant "Express Yourself" routine, then later, her incredible performance of "Vogue", (with the clicky fans! ♥♥♥)
She grew up and matured, as did I. She married Guy Richie and even came to live in my country for a bit (Although she wasn't too impressed with London, apparently saying something like "The trouble with London is that you're never more than 300 yards from a council estate" 🙄)
But of course, she started to believe her own hype. She obtained, by fair means or foul, the usual celebrity gaggle of adopted kids. She started dating MUCH younger guys. The cosmetic surgeons started circling, and she succumbed to their promises of eternal youth. She was never going to grow old and miserable like the rest of us, she was going to carry on being gorgeous and sexy and relevant...

I guess we are still talking about her, so she HAS stayed relevant in one sense. But she's yesterday's news, the kids aren't listening to her, and us oldies are just embarassed on her behalf. I live a stone's throw from the O2, my total travelling expenses to and from there, would be less than a fiver. And I can afford a ticket. But I don't want to see her like that. I'm happy to remember her on that sunny day at Wembley, with her platinum hair and her pointy bra, back when she was a force to be reckoned with.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I can't bear to see this. It's actually genuine sad. My goodness, what has she done? Why has she done it? How can she not see what everyone else sees?

I can't make fun anymore, I think she's at least somewhat ill to have got into this state.

As a former fan it's heartbreaking to see what such a trailblazer has become.

Reactions: 18
She also seems incapable of a physical world tour, when she speaks she seems short of breath, I can't decide if it's to tight clothing or how taut her face is, is causing her to sound out of breath. Whatever she doesn't sound fit.

Reactions: 11
I can't bear to see this. It's actually genuine sad. My goodness, what has she done? Why has she done it? How can she not see what everyone else sees?

I can't make fun anymore, I think she's at least somewhat ill to have got into this state.

As a former fan it's heartbreaking to see what such a trailblazer has become.
Same here. I'm old enough that when she first came out, my school friends and I would get in trouble for taking my mum's lace blinds and cutting them up to make clothes like hers. I also borrowed the Like A Virgin tour so much from the video shop that the guy gave it to me for nothing as no one else ever borrowed it.

She didn't care what people thought of her and did it her way and I decided I wanted to be like her as I grew up. In the last decade or so, something has happened. I always thought it was just that she couldn't deal with the fact there were younger women taking her place which I never understood as she was a legend and no one could do that. I didn't realize how much she was a laughing stock she was until I saw the reactions to the pictures....as you say, it really is heartbreaking to know what she was and what she has now become.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Same here. I'm old enough that when she first came out, my school friends and I would get in trouble for taking my mum's lace blinds and cutting them up to make clothes like hers. I also borrowed the Like A Virgin tour so much from the video shop that the guy gave it to me for nothing as no one else ever borrowed it.

She didn't care what people thought of her and did it her way and I decided I wanted to be like her as I grew up. In the last decade or so, something has happened. I always thought it was just that she couldn't deal with the fact there were younger women taking her place which I never understood as she was a legend and no one could do that. I didn't realize how much she was a laughing stock she was until I saw the reactions to the pictures....as you say, it really is heartbreaking to know what she was and what she has now become.
I got into her when the Music album was released. From there I got the Immaculate Collection album and became such a huge fan. Saw her live, even travelling abraod to do it because it was cheaper.

So I was a huge fan for fifteen years, from 2000 - 2015 but it all seemed to start going horribly wrong for her during the Rebel Heart era.

Madame X was the last straw for me. Utterly awful album that I listened to twice then deleted. Then there was her behaviour during lockdown, comments like how she wanted to blow up the white house (I don't care how much I dislike a president, I can't support people who say things like that) and the disturbing Instagram content and I can't acknowledge her anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I totally get this ♥
I wouldn't say that I was a massive Madonna fan, but she was just "there" as I grew up, (I'm a few years older than you @Lady_H , and a few years younger than Madge)
I've bought her albums, I've taken them to parties, and to my boyfriends' houses, so that we could make a tape to play in their cars. I saw her live, at Wembley stadium on a hot summer's day, she was a fantastic entertainer, never the world's best dancer, or singer, but she was bloody great. Fearless, sexy, confident, she did scare a lot of people but we loved her for it.
When she recorded "Ray of Light" and spoke of her feelings about becoming a mother, I absolutely got it. My son was born shortly before the song was released, and she just spoke to me, I still listen to that song, and it still speaks to me.
I can remember staying up late to watch the MTV awards, first the brilliant "Express Yourself" routine, then later, her incredible performance of "Vogue", (with the clicky fans! ♥♥♥)
She grew up and matured, as did I. She married Guy Richie and even came to live in my country for a bit (Although she wasn't too impressed with London, apparently saying something like "The trouble with London is that you're never more than 300 yards from a council estate" 🙄)
But of course, she started to believe her own hype. She obtained, by fair means or foul, the usual celebrity gaggle of adopted kids. She started dating MUCH younger guys. The cosmetic surgeons started circling, and she succumbed to their promises of eternal youth. She was never going to grow old and miserable like the rest of us, she was going to carry on being gorgeous and sexy and relevant...

I guess we are still talking about her, so she HAS stayed relevant in one sense. But she's yesterday's news, the kids aren't listening to her, and us oldies are just embarassed on her behalf. I live a stone's throw from the O2, my total travelling expenses to and from there, would be less than a fiver. And I can afford a ticket. But I don't want to see her like that. I'm happy to remember her on that sunny day at Wembley, with her platinum hair and her pointy bra, back when she was a force to be reckoned with.
Beautiful post, you’ve made me tear up! Damn hormones, or lack thereof!

I am trying very hard to ignore her current existence and focus like you on the good old days but that monstrous Grammys face has sucked me back in 😞 She looks horrific. This seems to be heading in a very bad direction.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I see her 1990 Blond Ambition Tour at Wembley,she was great..Looked great as well,I bought a t shirt still have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was pissed off when Madonna appeared. I'd been wearing lace, & masses of jewelry & fancied I had something of a gypsy look. So of course new people I met thought I was a Madonna wannabe 🥴 nevertheless I was intrigued by her and will never forget her appearance at Live Aid. Her hair was red & she was fully covered in lace and a satin brocade jacket.
She blew everyone away. She was sensational singing "Get into the groove".
Of course ageing is never an easy trip but she's the last person I'd have thought would end up such a state from cosmetic alterations.
Also it's terrifying that someone with access to presumably the best surgery money can buy, ends up like this. It's so unnatural however much people want to believe it's fine to do whatever you want as it's your body blah blah. This is the consequence for so many now. It's incredibly sad but makes me angry too damnit. Stop interfering with nature! 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was pissed off when Madonna appeared. I'd been wearing lace, & masses of jewelry & fancied I had something of a gypsy look. So of course new people I met thought I was a Madonna wannabe 🥴 nevertheless I was intrigued by her and will never forget her appearance at Live Aid. Her hair was red & she was fully covered in lace and a satin brocade jacket.
Of course ageing is never an easy trip but she's the last person I'd have thought would end up such a state from cosmetic alterations.
Also it's terrifying that someone with access to presumably the best surgery money can buy, ends up like this. It's so unnatural however much people want to believe it's fine to do whatever you want as it's your body blah blah. This is the consequence for so many now. It's incredibly sad but makes me angry too damnit. Stop interfering with nature! 🤬
I was thinking exactly this. She was such a pioneer in her youth that I thought she would age with style and grace - rather like Katharine Hepburn, who seemed completely at ease with being older. Who would have thought Madonna would fight so fiercely against ageing? I know there are complicated emotional reasons for it but I wish she'd just gone with the natural look.

This is Melanie Ciccone, the sister closest in age to her. The pic gives an idea of how Madonna would have looked without the surgery.

Last edited:
And she looks absolutely fine. Natural & healthy. One can only imagine the effects these poisonous products have on some if not all peoples organs? It's just crazy. Ageing comes with enough problems if you're unlucky. I think Madonna looks like she's trying to hide her neck too, giving the appearance of sponge bob look. I get it. It's the most frustrating thing as you can't really not see it. 😶

Reactions: 11
I have never liked her or her music / videos I just think the evil in her is coming out she always struck me as a very nasty piece of work with more confidence and bloody mindedness than talent. And why on earth did she adopt those poor kids from Africa, she's not the maternal type as far as I can make out, even her biological son didn't want to be with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Eirawen I agree. She's up there with the top narcs of our time.I wonder what on earth Guy Ritchie thinks. I think her ego was destroyed that he wanted out . To me she seemed to be on a descent after that and got worse & worse. She's never come across as a decent person no matter how successful she was.

Reactions: 12
The Into The Groove performance is on YT. I honestly don't get why people used to slate her so much for her vocals. Sure she wasn't the best but at least she sang live.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.