Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their ‘master’ looks tiny and cramped, why did they choose such the smallest room to put the largest bed

Reactions: 4
That being said, I am sure there is an annex or other space she just isn't showing.
I think that there's an annex which we've not seen yet
I was surprised at the lack of office space.
Maybe they had lots of leftover money to rent a separate office space again?
Also, they are not creating an office space which I find very surprising considering they are both working from home.

Yes, she said to wait for the garden tour and a 'surprise outside' so I think we can assume they have their office space in an annexe. Not sure why they think that's some kind of fun surprise for their viewers 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I love the house but do agree that it’s small. I mean, but for “normies” but for people with what I assume their $$$ is, it seems like another odd choice for a home. The living room felt cramped and the master bed was an odd choice too. It’s so small. And with that piano in the hallway, they’re going to get real tired of bumping into it.

It’s a nice house and has a lot of character but it does seem like an odd choice. They’ll probably end up with an extension and I’m sure there’s an annex somewhere she’s not showing.

Reactions: 3
To be fair to them, Cornwall is a lot more expensive than most people probably realise, houses prices are especially insane in the current climate. And the old cornish houses aren't very spacious. I expect the character/kitchen and garden sold it for them. I can see where they're coming from. Totally see how many people can't relate though. Surely they can't afford this on their youtube income alone. I'd imagine some family help has come their way.

I was surprised to hear she's selling furniture that doesn't 'suit' her theme anymore though. That is not sustainable living :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
Yeah, selling furniture purely for aesthetic reasons is sustainability-no-no one-o-one

Reactions: 2
I know they've got an extra bedroom but apart from that the new house doesn't seem to be much bigger than the last one. The living room is really small - wouldn't be great for a family or for more than 3 or 4 people. I'm surprised they settled for 1 tiny living room when they originally wanted 2. I do love the style of the house though especially the kitchen.

Reactions: 5
Has she mentioned wanting kids before? I just find it so ridiculous when youtubers set up their houses with multiple spare/guest bedrooms. Take Zanna for example though hers is much more extreme. Who is staying in all these spare bedrooms? Fair enough if you are eventually having families but to full kit out multiple spare bedrooms with lovely design seems really wasteful.

I liked the kitchen and garden but everything else felt so cramped. If I had a hole in the bathroom floor lmao it would be the first thing I got fixed but she’s too busy with aesthetics.

Also are they just going to be engaged indefinitely? I haven’t heard her mention their wedding once since they got engaged.

Reactions: 7
Good god she came across as so smug in the tour. I understand that she's excited but the swanning around was a bit much. Ridiculous to hold off on the garden tour as well, she could definitely have milked "spring garden, summer garden update" etc. I'm surprised that they're keeping single glazed windows, that's not very eco friendly, is it Maddy? 👀 Especially on top of that bloody Aga.

The office will be either an annex or they'll convert the garage... Or the attic?!

I think the house is a good size, idk where you people live that you think it's small?! I do live in a 1920s terraced shoebox though, so maybe it's all about perspective. They also have too much furniture in the living room, poorly laid out, which probably makes it look small.

The aesthetic looks like it's been cannibalised from Country Living magazine, which I'm not actually mad about because I've been subscribed to it for 2 years now 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi. First time commenter here. I’ve been watching Maddy since her days of living in her parents holiday home. What grinds me is how much she has changed and the fact that she is posting about most justices which is concerning humans but she hasn’t STILL posted about Seaspiracy which is aligning with her ‘sustainability’ persona. She seems to want to people please and is talking less and less about animals and doesn’t want conflict and cares more about being liked than talking about what she supposedly stands for.

Reactions: 9
The house Is smaller than I expected but no means is it small - it's still larger than the average UK size home... you don't need a 5 bedroom mansion to raise family.

Having said that their house has plenty of scope to make it bigger. Whether they extend into the garage or into the garden or even a loft conversion. It looks like it hasn't been altered too much over the years so am curious to see what they do and whether they are sympathetic to it's original design. I do really like the house though and it's lived in rustic charm.

I did notice how she kept mentioning her Facebook Marketplace items ( like yes I do buy secondhand!) ...and also pointing out the flaws with the house. Not sure if this was to done so will be a good reason for her to rip everything out and change it so it's more to her taste?!

Am curious to see what they do though but don't really want to watch their videos anymore!! Haha :)

Last edited:
just watching it now!
i'm sorry but i'm in love with that kitchen. it's what dreams are made of :love::love::love:

oh and btw i think when she's in the first bedroom you can see through the window that there's definitely another building on the property!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Unbelievable, I had to unfollow again.

1. Radio silence after a flurry of posts
2. Coming on to complain about her mental health and needing a break from social media
3. Posts several stories as an ad. Clearly she only came on to post the ad.

She really respects her audience and loves her job... *rolls her eyes*

Reactions: 9
Unbelievable, I had to unfollow again.

1. Radio silence after a flurry of posts
2. Coming on to complain about her mental health and needing a break from social media
3. Posts several stories as an ad. Clearly she only came on to post the ad.

She really respects her audience and loves her job... *rolls her eyes*
She respects her audience so long as they line her pockets.

I unfollowed a while back as she is moany and boring but I watched the house tour. It's a very nice house and I'm definitely jealous because I am in my 40s and nowhere near being able to buy a house, despite working my arse off for 20 years. 😂

I love the kitchen.

Reactions: 8
I unfollowed a while back as she is moany and boring but I watched the house tour. It's a very nice house and I'm definitely jealous because I am in my 40s and nowhere near being able to buy a house, despite working my arse off for 20 years. 😂

I love the kitchen.
Glad I'm not the only one. Watching all of these younger people from a privileged background makes me quite upset sometimes.

Reactions: 14
We get it. You've moved house. You don't need to take EVERY opportunity to brag.
Who has a 'favourite room' in someone else's house? Let alone someone they've never met/ whose house they've never visited!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
did you see when she was talking about her “industrial” bed side tables that they were gifted and then she was going to SELL them on her Instagram to one of her followers?

one of the most grim things that influencers do is sell on stuff they got for free. Do you really need the money that bad or could you give them away to someone in need or doesn’t have enough for nice stuff?!

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.