Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have lost 3. Had to give birth to all 3 of them dead.
And I’m very sorry. So you’d understand why I can’t cope with such statements.

You clearly assumed I hadn’t either and asked if I was making a ‘serious comment’ so

• Heart
Reactions: 2
And I’m very sorry. So you’d understand why I can’t cope with such statements.

You clearly assumed I hadn’t either and asked if I was making a ‘serious comment’ so
I didn’t assume at all. I was just shocked by your comment. Shall we leave this here? I’m not sure either of us are getting much out of this line of conversation?

Reactions: 1
I don’t disagree per se but I went to one who only knew my first name. Nothing else of me. He knew my son’s first name and then he said but there’s loads of them. My son’s name was given to all the first born boys in the family until my grandad stopped the trend so there were no more in living history. I didn’t know that I just chose that first name by chance. A lot of things with some of them I think that could apply to anybody but that particular comment stood out to me as I don’t know anybody else that has all the same name got first born boys... obs it happens but not to any of my friends so how did he get it with me and he’s never said it to them. Could have been luck. But I always have an open mind. Like with most things I sit on the fence 😂 i just hope with Madeline they find some sort of closure for her and her siblings sake.
I do find myself reading stories like yours and wondering. It’s probably one of those things we will never really know if its genuinely real or not. It’s not like there’s a scientific test for the 6th sense, it really comes down to whether you believe in it or not. Many people seem to take it seriously so I guess it’s a bit like religion in that sense, I mean that can’t be proved either but people believe in it so yeah. I guess I’m mostly a skeptic but stories like yours intrigue me.

Reactions: 3
How do you know who has lost a child and who hasn’t on this thread?
I want Tigger to be my lawyer.
I think it would depend on the person. It may stop some people from continuing in their career, some may throw themselves into their career as a way of distracting and like you say some don’t have a choice but to carry on. Like you say it’s not a one size fits all. I often read your posts about him and feel your pain coming through and just want to send you lots of hugs. Not in a pity way just in a you’ve got this way. Xx
Thats what I said. I think it depends on each individual and their circumstances. My aunt lost her daughter who had Down Syndrome, at 18. She also had a very young son at the time. She didn’t want to go on had to because of her son. I very much believe that if she didn’t have him, she would have ended her life. She is very depressed and a shadow of her former self, but still keeps going.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I do find myself reading stories like yours and wondering. It’s probably one of those things we will never really know if its genuinely real or not. It’s not like there’s a scientific test for the 6th sense, it really comes down to whether you believe in it or not. Many people seem to take it seriously so I guess it’s a bit like religion in that sense, I mean that can’t be proved either but people believe in it so yeah. I guess I’m mostly a skeptic but stories like yours intrigue me.
I am so intrigued also and have been to see mediums and psychics. Have seen a few on tv that have been used in criminal investigations and it is fascinating.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t assume at all. I was just shocked by your comment. Shall we leave this here? I’m not sure either of us are getting much out of this line of conversation?
clearly not

I want Tigger to be my lawyer.

Thats what I said. I think it depends on each individual and their circumstances. My aunt lost her daughter who had Down Syndrome, at 18. She also had a very young son at the time. She didn’t want to go on had to because of her son. I very much believe that if she didn’t have him, she would have ended her life. She is very depressed and a shadow of her former self, but still keeps going.
I'm 99% sure that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact I was pregnant. I'm not the same person and I'm mentally ill but my life is still worth living because of my kids. 💕

I'm not one to defend the Mccans but whether they had anything to do with it or not, they still had to continue somewhat normally (career-wise and just... living-wise) for the twins who eventually wouldn't know any different than Madeleine not being around.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This is what doesn't sit right with me all these other parents of missing children have been torn apart by what happened to their child .Sarah Payne's dad drank himself to death ,the Bulger's marriage fell apart but the McCanns just picked up where they left off .It just comes across as surreal that any parent can act they way they do 🤷‍♀️
I was only thinking about this aspect this morning. They must have a very strong marriage to have survived such a thing. I can't remember what the exact percentage of failure of marriages after a child's death/murder is but I know it's high. I'm sure it was mentioned in the Sarah Payne documentary.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.