Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dontsugarcoatit

I’m sorry but “they’re allowed to laugh” yes of course they are, however having buried a child myself for something completely not my fault I can assure you it was a long time before I laughed again, entitled to or not, the whole lot stinks of a cover up and as someone so very elequently put it Maddeline has become but a footnote in her own disappearance. It’s all horrific and sad

• Sad
Reactions: 18

tomatosauce

If I thought my child had been abducted I wouldn’t leave my other 2 children in an unlocked room to go and alert people!
Unfortunately I think even if Madeline had been abducted for sale or anything else, nobody would have kept her alive she was to hot to handle, her face was everywhere and it would have been easier to dispose of her than risk her been seen, the sad thing is that whatever happened that little girl paid the price for it

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I’ve a tiny bit left to watch but despite most of this documentary being biased in favour of the McCann and against the Portuguese police and press I’m even more convinced they have something to do with it.

1. Trained dogs found the scent of blood and the smell of death, in the room she went missing, in their later apartment AND in their hire car
  2. Tampered with the shutter and pulled it back down after saying she’d been taken. Also letting people traipse through the room before police got there
  3. Washing madelines bear, why would you even do that surely you’d want to treasure the last smell you have of your child
  4. The efit photo that looks EXACTLY like Gerry and a witness who said they were 60-80% sure they saw him carrying a baby
  5. I could go on and on and on
I am truly baffled how they were never charged, Gerry comes across as very cold and calculating and don’t get me started on why they even left them in the first place. WITH THE DOORS UNLOCKED 🤯

Twittwat

I am watching now, on episode 1. I’ve seen documentaries about this before, I’ve always thought it was the parents. I think they killed her accidentally and then hid the evidence and somehow got rid of her body. Let’s see if this changes my mind!

uwu

VIP Member
Also can I just say that the courts in Portugal have said that the McCanns have not been cleared of being involved in her disappearance which is why they lose their last libel case against Goncalo Amaral. But UK media won't tell you that.

The whole cover up makes me sick tbh.

• Wow

Anita

What’s really infuriating it’s the fact that whatever happened it happened because they were left on their own, they knew she had had problems in sleeping straight to the night, and still they left them, 3 under 3, with doors unlocked, in a foreign country, and no charges were made against those two in relation to that, it’s frustrating😡🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 17

Anita

So it’s their fault, hadn’t she had been left alone she would still be here. It’s not normal for a cadaver dog to smell the odour without having one or smell any body fluids, in a car rented after she went missing, in items or clothing, in the wardrobe in the Mccanns bedroom, those are facts, not fiction. They have been made arguidos for a reason and they haven’t been cleared of their involvement in their daughters disappearance, that’s a fact too.

Reactions: 17

Anita

In the last page of the book Gançalo Amaral says “ To me and for the investigators that have worked with me in this case until October 2007, we have concluded:
  1. The minor Madeleine McCain died in the apartment 5A on the night of the 3rd of May 2007.
  2. A kidnap simulation as occurred.
  3. Kate Healy and Gerald McCain are suspects in the occultation of their daughters cadaver.
  4. Her death might have been the result of a tragic accident.
  5. There were signs of negligence in respect of the looking and security of their children.
In respect to number 3, the parents haven’t been cleared of this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

Dontspillthemilk

VIP Member
just finished watching this whilst doing a day of DIY jobs. Seems very pro McCan. From watching that i dont know what they were like as parents, what madeline was like. How they treated her, how she felt about them. Nothing in depth about what could have happened other than abduction, eg, the accidental death theory. And no details about the other people the'tapas 7'.
I was just about to say this. I’ve been watching this over a period of a week and it’s nothing new, very biased towards the McCanns and frankly a waste of time.

I had to laugh during the finale episode when Kate was allowed to see the restaurant reservation book and was upset that they wrote “children left alone” next to their book. She says that this was left in plain view so anyone would know that madeline was alone and would have taken her.

HOW ABOUT YOU DIDNT LEAVE HER ALONE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

The moment I felt a bit of empathy for them, it was soon taken away from me when I remember that they left 3 children alone in a room. My son is nearly 2, and I freak out if I have to move my car from behind the house to the front of the house while he’s in his playpen. I take the baby monitor or (hahaha!) call my Mum on FaceTime and make her watch him while I do it. It literally takes 2 minutes.

Coconutshy

I have read the pj files a number of years ago and there is no doubt in my mind that they know what's happened. Also watched some experts discuss theories and done a lot of personal research myself in 2014 so my brain is a bit cloudy right now. I think most likely accidental overdose or her being groggy from too much sedative and falling on the tiles (behind sofa where her blood was found). It's also suggested that she died earlier in the day so that gave them time to cover up and dispose of the body. The cadaver odour in the rental car is the most chilling thing of all. Also I read somewhere that Gerry disposed of the fridge in the rental villa after maddie had gone missing and bought a new one because it"wasn't working". Was she stored/preserved in there? Who goes on holiday and buys the rental villa a new fridge?? Also it is thought the priest knows something and he cut himself off from the mccanns. The new doc is rubbish and just glossing over everything without the hard facts as seen in the pj files. Gerry being a Freemason and having contacts high up is something never mentioned by the media. The whole thing sickens me, especially as main stream media do not report the facts so everyone believes what they are spoon fed without researching and realising things are not as they seem.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Only on episode one but I’ve always thought
A. Regardless they should be done for child neglect, any council estate family would have had the rest of the kids taken off of them.
B. The parents know a lot more than they let on

1. Kate said ‘they’ve took her’ when surely your first assumption would be she’d wandered out
  2. Both refused lie detector tests
  3. Didn’t the cadaver dogs pick up the scent on Madelines teddy? ( these are dogs that smell death)
  4. Didn’t Kate refuse to answer questions the next day where if your kid had genuinely been taken you’d be bending over backwards to answer questions that may help.

Will continue watching but doubt my opinions will change on this.

Coconutshy

I feel deeply for this innocent soul. There are so many inconsistencies and hushing of viable evidence I fear she will never get justice. My heart aches for her.

Interestingly apparently by Kate's words and her grandmother she was a difficult child so maybe getting her to settle for the night may have resulted in a horrific accident. I in no way think they set out to murder her and you can tell that Kate is just haunted by it. Gerry is very controlling and she always looks to him for reassurance -am I saying the right thing? Sort of way. I've watched a few videos on YouTube regarding their body language and it's very telling. Gerry is very arrogant and very smug, which is evident from interviews and personal appearances. Asked about how he felt when he realised his child was missing he answered along the lines of - finding out That you are overdrawn on your student loan (something like that - evidence from a video interview). What a cruelly bizzare analogy about your flesh and blood being snatched and in danger to something so petty and insignificant. He really annoys me. Don't get me started on the smirk or the sarcastic "ask the dogs Sandra" when questioned about the blood/cadaver odour being found. Also the 4th birthday party a few weeks after she was missing and they realeased balloons he looked like he was having the time of his life - if you didn't know the context. Truly bizarre people.

Last edited:
  • Sad

inspirespirit

The problem with the Netflix series is that the narrators (the old geezer with the woman) are Summers and Swan who wrote a book on behalf of Kate and Gerry McCann and made a lot of mone. They are incredibly biased. I've read all of the police files and that Netflix is shite. This is a good podcast by someone who as followed the case closely for years. More facts in this without the edits that are in the Netflix series. Four parts so far and he has more to follow. Worth a listen. https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/theyve-taken-her

Reactions: 15

Queenie

VIP Member
Why, when Kate found Madeleine gone, didn’t she run to the balcony or garden & shout & scream to the others from there? Instead she left the other 2 babies alone while she ran around the long way back to the tapas bar! Weird behaviour imo.

Anita

Well I guess judging by some comments on here, that it’s perfectly normal to leave 3 children under 3 alone, in a foreign country with the apartment unlocked, because this, this really happened and no one seems to make this a fact, it’s not anecdotal, it’s a fact, so whatever happened to Maddie it was her parents fault! How do people forget that?! It’s a joke!

Queenie

VIP Member
Only starting Ep 2. How on earth did the McCann’s go to bed at 4am?? Madeleine had been missing less than 6 hours! If it was me there’s no way I cound go to sleep no matter how tired I was! 😡

Queenie

VIP Member
Im on ep 2. Something thats always been odd to me is the whole every 20 mins someone checks on the kids thing... So if your dinners just arrived or your deep in covo your going to get up and check? It seems way to much of a look at us being good parents story.

Not saying they didnt check but every 20 mins seems to fake
Exactly. Why didn’t each family just take it in turns to sit in with all the kids each night? That way the other parents could have an uninterrupted meal knowing someone was watching the kids. Or better still, on a FAMILY holiday, why didn’t they all eat together earlier, say half six-seven, with the kids, rhen have a few drinks on the balcony when the kids go to sleep? It beggars belief they left their kids alone to eat, not to mention the other activities they did alone, like tennis etc, while the kids were in kids clubs. When did they actually spend time as a family??