Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sweet Jane

It probably is a generational thing. Although my kids are now 30 ish, back in the day on holiday, you would go out for meal in the evening as a family and the once your kids were tucked up in bed asleep go to the bar in the same hotel for a drink as a couple. I am sure you all sound horrified by this but a) ask you own parents what they did and b) times have changed and part of that change is being wiser in hindsight because of McCann case.

Horatio

VIP Member
Summary of Verifiable Facts

1. Kate McCann carried the soft toy "Cuddle Cat" constantly after Madeleine's disappearance and was rarely photographed without it.
  2. She eventually washed the toy on 12th July, 2007 - 70 days after Madeleine disappeared.
  3. She recorded in her diary that she had washed the toy because it had become "filthy" and "smelly."
  4. The sniffer dogs arrived in Praia da Luz on 30th July - 18 days after Kate washed the soft toy.
  5. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Kate confirmed these details and added that Cuddle Cat was "always" being washed
Thanks for this. I am genuinely interested, just find people stating opinion as fact so irritating - plus in our age of internet based conspiracies it can be hard to know what to believe even when things are presented as fact.
If it’s true the toy was always being washed, could you not argue that she did it in an attempt to do something normal and routine in the midst of chaos?

S

SherlockHuns

Does his blog still exist anywhere? Tried finding it but couldn't.

Find all these posts and theories really interesting although the documentary bored me. Anyone know what Kate and Gerry are doing now, are they back working as doctors? Can't imagine that.

Sweet Jane

Mysteriously, we seemed to have produced two wholly functioning, professional, successful adults who we love very much and who love as back. Our work here is done. And I refer you to my original point (b)...Different times.

Horatio

VIP Member
We don’t really need anyone to play devils advocate to say there was a kidnapping, we are well aware of that as a theory.
Says who? If you’re proposing a theory that goes against the mainstream consensus (as you point out) then you should be able to back it up. And from my perspective it’s natural to want to know more —but at the same time not just accept everything.

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I've spent the last few days listening to quite a lot of the Richard Hill videos and was just about to post the same. Have you watched the hidden confession ones where an expert analyses one of their interviews? It sounds bizarre but the analyst picks up on Kate's mention of (children) brushing teeth and says that mentioning teeth brushing is a sign that she is or has been abused (its so mundane that most people don't bother mentioning it). I also felt that in the interview where Gerry gets angry and says they can't talk about the investigation (he stands up, starts walking around, threatening to take off his mic and walk out), Kate is so calm, almost like she's in a trance, just no reaction at all, and it made me feel like she's learnt to do that when he's angry, do absolutely nothing that could aggravate him more. Even the way he has a hand on her when they walk makes me feel like he's reminding her that he's tgere, but not in a good way, more controlling. I do find it hard to believe that they'd keep up the pretence to such an extent, with fresh appeals, although one main thing that comes out of the interview analysis is that they believe (or know) she's already dead. They don't dwell on or even mention where she could be now, what she could be going through, what she might be feeling - they talk in past tense and its just not how parents of a missing child would think.
A possible big reason for keeping up a pretence would be the fund that was set up! how fraudulent would that be especially when our sympathetic public and celebrities were donating to it . Note it was a fund and not a charity that was set up!!!

Ive followed this case very closely from 2007 ,and am in several Maddie groups ,I've not watched this documentary as members have said its one sided ( The Mcs side, not Maddies side) PR for the McCanns and the true facts of the case are well hidden

Kate openly admits in an interview with BBCs Kate Hill she never went out to search ,even on night one
I don’t think the car was hired until after Maddie was declared missing!

I'm tempted to watch. I actually live close to the village where they live, there's still a lot of cars with Find Madeleine stickers driving around and I was once in the same queue at checkout in the local shop as Mr McCann. I certainly did a double take. Not sure I want to watch lots of episodes though?!
The Baptisa I visited it too they have seats outside where you can have a coffee. I arrived the day the British detectives arrived with the dogs after the investigation had reopened

Last edited:

Team JCM

VIP Member
I've spent the last few days listening to quite a lot of the Richard Hill videos and was just about to post the same. Have you watched the hidden confession ones where an expert analyses one of their interviews? It sounds bizarre but the analyst picks up on Kate's mention of (children) brushing teeth and says that mentioning teeth brushing is a sign that she is or has been abused (its so mundane that most people don't bother mentioning it). I also felt that in the interview where Gerry gets angry and says they can't talk about the investigation (he stands up, starts walking around, threatening to take off his mic and walk out), Kate is so calm, almost like she's in a trance, just no reaction at all, and it made me feel like she's learnt to do that when he's angry, do absolutely nothing that could aggravate him more. Even the way he has a hand on her when they walk makes me feel like he's reminding her that he's tgere, but not in a good way, more controlling. I do find it hard to believe that they'd keep up the pretence to such an extent, with fresh appeals, although one main thing that comes out of the interview analysis is that they believe (or know) she's already dead. They don't dwell on or even mention where she could be now, what she could be going through, what she might be feeling - they talk in past tense and its just not how parents of a missing child would think.
Am watching the Richard Hill ones now - 😮