Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without going into detail, there was a technique used to kill JB that could never have been implemented by a kid. Not a chance that it was the brother. If someone in the family did it, would have been the father. But I think an outsider did it and the family panicked and started doing stupid things when they thought they would be blamed.
(Sorry for derail) but I think it was the dad with the knot they found on her and the historical sexual abuse she suffered but if not that maybe an outsider. Either way that kid pulls my heart to pieces

Reactions: 2
I remember seeing the twins being carried out amongst all the noise and chaos and they never stirred. No way that was Calpol.
At the time, there was a type of Calpol available called Calpol Night which had paracetamol and something else in it to aid sleep. This combined with something like baby Piriton liquid could certainly make a child very drowsy.

Reactions: 9
How accurate are those dogs? In cases which have come to a resolution I mean.
As a whole you're looking from about 60% - 95% success from the dogs.

Eddie was deployed 20 times and recovered 4 bodies.
I'm not sure how many out of those 20 times that he secured enough for prosecutions or more leads though.

The McCanns found a hot shot American lawyer who argued that his success rate was only about 30 odd % and ran with that.

To me that like saying that a top homicide detective might only solve half his cases so should be ignored.

What people like to forget when they defend the McCanns is that the dogs alerted about 13 different times and when the swabs were taken from where he alerted that they returned a positive on Madeleines DNA

• Sad
Reactions: 19
As a whole you're looking from about 60% - 95% success from the dogs.

Eddie was deployed 20 times and recovered 4 bodies.
I'm not sure how many out of those 20 times that he secured enough for prosecutions or more leads though.

The McCanns found a hot shot American lawyer who argued that his success rate was only about 30 odd % and ran with that.

To me that like saying that a top homicide detective might only solve half his cases so should be ignored.

What people like to forget when they defend the McCanns is that the dogs alerted about 13 different times and when the swabs were taken from where he alerted that they returned a positive on Madeleines DNA
Didn't they alert in a hire car that they hadn't even hired until after she went missing? If anyone is going to tell me they were able to stealthily avoid all the press and attention and recover a body in a hired car and somehow dispose of it without anyone noticing I'm afraid I'd have to ask you to give you head a shake.

Some of the conspiracy things people are coming out with on this thread are incredible. The McCanns must be absolute criminal geniuses. You're giving them far too much credit.

It seems clear to me that the poor girl was abducted probably by the German guy who is now in the frame and sadly she was killed very shortly after being abducted. The parents of course are stupid beyond belief for leaving the children unsupervised but that does not make them to blame for the murder.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Didn't they alert in a hire car that they hadn't even hired until after she went missing? If anyone is going to tell me they were able to stealthily avoid all the press and attention and recover a body in a hired car and somehow dispose of it without anyone noticing I'm afraid I'd have to ask you to give you head a shake.

Some of the conspiracy things people are coming out with on this thread are incredible. The McCanns must be absolute criminal geniuses. You're giving them far too much credit.

It seems clear to me that the poor girl was abducted probably by the German guy who is now in the frame and sadly she was killed very shortly after being abducted. The parents of course are stupid beyond belief for leaving the children unsupervised but that does not make them to blame for the murder.
Would the dog alert if clothes or something that had blood in them were placed in it? Am not asking you specifically, just wondering.

Reactions: 6
My theory for what it's worth (so nothing)

Parents gave the children something to help them sleep through the night, so parents could have a meal out with friends.
Something went wrong with the dose, I would guess not enough for Maddie, she wakes and is drowsy, falls and injures herself. She doesn't survive.
When she is found the parents panic, if it's discovered they are dosing up the kids it's goodbye to their medical careers, goodbye twins, goodbye nice, respectable lifestyle where people admire and look up to them.
It was reported in the first few days of Maddie going missing that a sports holdall was in the apartment belonging to Gerry, that bag is seen on holiday footage in the wardrobe but after "abduction" never seen again.
After discovery Maddie's remains are placed in the bag, bag stored somewhere outside of apartment. Police are alerted to her disappearance. Chaos breaks out, search begins.
The parents continue with their tennis lessons, rather than search for their daughter.
At some point the bag with remains are retrieved, put into boot of new hire car and disposed of (into the sea?, If a friend on the holiday did this we now have a motive for all remaining silent)
Fundraising begins in earnest, Pope and various celebs are dragged into meeting the McCann's.
A series of sightings, predators are alleged over the years, all conveniently dead, terminally ill or already in prison. No progress is made.

The questions I think need answering:

When was the last independent, verified sighting of Maddie? Not as reported by parents, friends or any signing in or out of kids club but an actual unrelated party that can say the time and day they last saw her? (Establish timeline)
Are there facilities at the tennis lessons for those attending to store personal items in a locker area? (Store bag and remains)
The cadaver dogs alerted to an area behind the couch in the apartment (the fatal fall?)
Also the bottom of the wardrobe (where the sports bag was spotted in the holiday video, where the remains were initially placed?) then the boot of the new hire car (remains moved and disposed of?)
The dogs used have worked extensively with law enforcement worldwide, the FBI have used them successfully, so why was Gerry so dismissive and smug when asked about them with the comment, "ask the dogs" and then laughing it off when questioned over why they alerted to blood and human remains. What about any of this is funny to him?

• Wow
Reactions: 36
My theory for what it's worth (so nothing)

Parents gave the children something to help them sleep through the night, so parents could have a meal out with friends.
Something went wrong with the dose, I would guess not enough for Maddie, she wakes and is drowsy, falls and injures herself. She doesn't survive.
When she is found the parents panic, if it's discovered they are dosing up the kids it's goodbye to their medical careers, goodbye twins, goodbye nice, respectable lifestyle where people admire and look up to them.
It was reported in the first few days of Maddie going missing that a sports holdall was in the apartment belonging to Gerry, that bag is seen on holiday footage in the wardrobe but after "abduction" never seen again.
After discovery Maddie's remains are placed in the bag, bag stored somewhere outside of apartment. Police are alerted to her disappearance. Chaos breaks out, search begins.
The parents continue with their tennis lessons, rather than search for their daughter.
At some point the bag with remains are retrieved, put into boot of new hire car and disposed of (into the sea?, If a friend on the holiday did this we now have a motive for all remaining silent)
Fundraising begins in earnest, Pope and various celebs are dragged into meeting the McCann's.
A series of sightings, predators are alleged over the years, all conveniently dead, terminally ill or already in prison. No progress is made.

The questions I think need answering:

When was the last independent, verified sighting of Maddie? Not as reported by parents, friends or any signing in or out of kids club but an actual unrelated party that can say the time and day they last saw her? (Establish timeline)
Are there facilities at the tennis lessons for those attending to store personal items in a locker area? (Store bag and remains)
The cadaver dogs alerted to an area behind the couch in the apartment (the fatal fall?)
Also the bottom of the wardrobe (where the sports bag was spotted in the holiday video, where the remains were initially placed?) then the boot of the new hire car (remains moved and disposed of?)
The dogs used have worked extensively with law enforcement worldwide, the FBI have used them successfully, so why was Gerry so dismissive and smug when asked about them with the comment, "ask the dogs" and then laughing it off when questioned over why they alerted to blood and human remains. What about any of this is funny to him?
Very good post.
I couldn't get my head around Gerry dismissing the dog evidence. If it was my child and I was innocent, I'd be interested in it and want to know more about it. Instead he just laughs it off and dismisses it and gets defensive. Very weird personality that man has.

Reactions: 30
Was the fact that the blue sports bag that was clearly shown in crime scene photos in the bedroom and then was never found EVER addressed ?

Reactions: 14
Did anyone ever question David Payne as to the disgusting gesture he made? I mean, it should've been investigated. I hope it was. Makes me uncomfortable that man still has access to kids, inc his own

I think least likely is that she randomly escaped and wandered into the ocean. Don’t buy it at all
I went on holiday to Luz a few years ago and stayed in an apartment complex next door to the Ocean Club. We stumbled upon the actual apartment by accident when walking up a side street after visiting the shop on site at the OC. The sea is actually a fair walk from there. I'd say on 3 year old legs, a good 10 minutes, minimum.

We did stop and look. You can see the pool area from the apartment but again, it's a good distance away. Their apartment was right at the edge of the complex and the restaurant was at the other end.

Glad to have found this thread as this case has often played on my mind.

Edit: correcting some spellings

Reactions: 20

That to me is less likely that some of the more wild theories, simply because of the lack of evidence at the crime scene there had been an intruder.

Reactions: 10
I went on holiday to Luz a few years ago and stayed in an apartment complex next door to the Ocean Club. We stumbled upon the actual apartment by accident when walking up a side street after visiting the shop on site at the OC. The sea is actually a fair walk from there. I'd say on 3 year old legs, a good 10 minutes, minimum.

We did stop and look. You can see the pool area from the apartment but again, it's a good distance away. Their apartment was right at the edge of the complex and the restaurant was at the other end.

Glad to have found this thread as this case has often played on my mind.

Edit: correcting some spellings
I was there too, in 2013. I found it hard to believe she'd have wandered off without being seen (unless she was picked up very quickly of the street by some creep). It's nowhere near as big or busy as Lagos or Albufeira (nearby towns) at night...it had more of a 'families with young children' atmosphere, not a party town. And the area around the Ocean Club is quieter than down at the beach (about 10 mins walk). But there's always people around and someone would have seen a child wandering, I think. Off topic but I enjoyed my trip there, was a lovely town to relax in.

You are very naive.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Blood dogs like Keela and cadaver dogs like Eddie can detect a drop of blood or death well after it's been left.

So yet another conspiracy - because that all we've been left with, is that the drops in the hire car could have happened well after the effect and from carrying blood stained clothes, or clothes from the deceased even years after it happened.

Their excuse of dirty nappies in the car is laughable because the dogs won't alert to that as they're only trained to detect blood or death

Reactions: 15
I remember seeing the twins being carried out amongst all the noise and chaos and they never stirred. No way that was Calpol.
I read something that said that people on the scene were struck by how casual Kate was about the twins never waking. She just reached down and checked their pulse and breathing or whatever. It was as though she knew that they were drugged, not frantically checking her children after their sister had supposedly been kidnapped.

Reactions: 14
I read something that said that people on the scene were struck by how casual Kate was about the twins never waking. She just reached down and checked their pulse and breathing or whatever. It was as though she knew that they were drugged, not frantically checking her children after their sister had supposedly been kidnapped.
I've never understood after finding Maddie missing she left the twins to go back to the bar. Surely if you've just lost one kids you make damn sure to keep the other two near you?!

Reactions: 29
Question - because I am very naive and simple - why did they go all out with the media and fundraising and high profile stuff…and for so long?
If they were to blame wouldn’t they just let it all die down….?
What are peoples thoughts?

Reactions: 3
Question - because I am very naive and simple - why did they go all out with the media and fundraising and high profile stuff…and for so long?
If they were to blame wouldn’t they just let it all die down….?
What are peoples thoughts?
Money money money

Reactions: 8
So I’ve gone back to read through all the threads (which started with the Netflix documentary came out).

something someone said was in the documentary really stuck out to me, that Kate was offered a two year plea bargain to talk. Two years.

she apparently refused and she was never interviewed without Gerry but that made me wonder, that they thought Gerry was responsible for whatever happened to her and offered Kate an out to spill. I think a lot of people blame Kate especially with all the wierd tit she’s said, the whole thing with the pope etc. I don’t think everything about the case was released to the public and with that record he has for a sexual offence…

also the whole “they’ve taken her”. I don’t want to think they were sedated for the use of child sex offenders but it made me wonder, if they did that’s who “they” is. First of all, who’s “her”, they have two daughters and secondly it makes me think that if this is the case the offenders clearly didn’t keep their side of the bargain and just took her.

i don’t actually think that Kate and Gerry we’re selling her like that, it feels a bit too conspiracy theory for me. I know people do those kinds of things I just can’t wrap my head around the thought of them doing that and physically leaving the apartment with three sedated children because even if you were that disgusting of a person common sense would still tell you to stick around so they don’t wonder off with the kid?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.