Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to derail but I think it was the brother and the parents covered it up to protect him.
Without going into detail, there was a technique used to kill JB that could never have been implemented by a kid. Not a chance that it was the brother. If someone in the family did it, would have been the father. But I think an outsider did it and the family panicked and started doing stupid things when they thought they would be blamed.

Reactions: 4
The comment was a jokey post in response to the original poster.

I think the little girl accidently died in the apartment.

Her parents were also involved in a sexual abuse group:

"I told [Gerry] about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart”.

The roundabout checking up system on each other's kids was also like a constant game of musical chairs.
Everytime i read that quote I’m a bit sick in my own mouth. Look sexual abuse of a missing child is a horrible late at night thought that would run through a mothers head but it’s one thing to think it and squash the thought away and another thing entirely to write it out and publish it in a book. According to her own story she doesn’t KNOW that happened so saying it just makes her look guilty, and I think she is

i wondered if the death itself was an accident but they started this whole drama about her being abducted because once her death was investigated they’d uncover other things that had happened to her. Dosing your kids up on calpol to make them sleep is wrong but overdosing her accidently is manslaughter not murder, if it was just an accident surely you’d still call for help, you’d call for an ambulance and try to save her. You’d only cover it up because your afraid of what’s going to happen when her body is investigated either by nursing staff or a post-mortem.

also am I remembering things wrong or were the British press not initially against them with the story being “how could anyone leave their babies and go for dinner” but it suddenly all did a sharp turn in their favour? She went missing when I was still a kid so I could be wrong

Reactions: 10
Everytime i read that quote I’m a bit sick in my own mouth. Look sexual abuse of a missing child is a horrible late at night thought that would run through a mothers head but it’s one thing to think it and squash the thought away and another thing entirely to write it out and publish it in a book. According to her own story she doesn’t KNOW that happened so saying it just makes her look guilty, and I think she is

i wondered if the death itself was an accident but they started this whole drama about her being abducted because once her death was investigated they’d uncover other things that had happened to her. Dosing your kids up on calpol to make them sleep is wrong but overdosing her accidently is manslaughter not murder, if it was just an accident surely you’d still call for help, you’d call for an ambulance and try to save her. You’d only cover it up because your afraid of what’s going to happen when her body is investigated either by nursing staff or a post-mortem.

also am I remembering things wrong or were the British press not initially against them with the story being “how could anyone leave their babies and go for dinner” but it suddenly all did a sharp turn in their favour? She went missing when I was still a kid so I could be wrong
The calpol thing was always a red herring. Calpol is paracetamol, which has zero drowsy or sedative effects. Those kids were being drugged but it wasn’t with calpol.

Reactions: 18
The friends are weird as duck too.
Didn't they all leave their kids to go to dinner and supposedly take it in turns to check the kids??? This was apparently the reason for the unlocked apartment.

And if I remember correctly one of the dad's took a turn in checking the kids and was away ages. But I'm sure I've read none of the tapas 7 were ever actually questioned by the police. So many errors in this case from the very beginning.

And just to give some context to the McCanns, I came home the other week to 2 police cars sitting in my street - they were there for my neighbour. Her wee boy had gone into school and told his teacher he was left alone at home. Turns out he had been left at home a couple of times. Both of them work full time - she works days and he works in the evenings and the husband had left him a couple of times when she'd got stuck in traffic. They also haven't been able to get an after school place for him.

Any way after the wee boy told the teacher all hell broke loose. Police cars, social workers the whole shebang. She was in bits but the in-laws and extended family have rallied to support them and social work won't be taking any further action. She knows it wasn't acceptable but the 2 of them are working hard to hold down full times jobs and look after their 2 kids.

So again, someone explain to me how nobody investigated the McCanns???

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Sadly they are very privileged people who have the money and connections to the law. As stated before, if this was a low income family it would be a different story.

I've seen children be taken away/ parents charged for far less than leaving their child alone in a hotel room in a foreign country let alone everything else.

Also, as stated previously I agree that the police clearly messed up the investigation so didn't want to shine a light on this by digging deeper against the parents.

Reactions: 17
The calpol thing was always a red herring. Calpol is paracetamol, which has zero drowsy or sedative effects. Those kids were being drugged but it wasn’t with calpol.
I remember seeing the twins being carried out amongst all the noise and chaos and they never stirred. No way that was Calpol.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I remember seeing the twins being carried out amongst all the noise and chaos and they never stirred. No way that was Calpol.
It makes my kids hyper AF I thought it was full of sugar? Maybe they were giving them antihistamines. Who knows, the whole thing just screams lies were told.

Reactions: 12
In the occasional report here in Germany, there seems to be certainty that the German suspect might indeed be the kidnapper/murderer.

Reactions: 2
For me this case is such a mystery, I’m so tied. I do think the parents are somehow involved but I’m not sure as to what extent. I think most likely is that they drugged the kids, something happened to Madeline, they tit themselves because they would lose their jobs as doctors / potentially the twins if it was exposed and then somehow covered it up. The question marks here are how they’d cover it up in a foreign country.

The weirdo stuff I’m also not sure. Yes they were potentially swingers / had some bleeping dodgy mates but I don’t know if that equals pimping their kids out whilst on holiday. Equally if they were involved in these circles then why would she be abducted? Surely they would come in, do whatever and then leave again.

I think least likely is that she randomly escaped and wandered into the ocean. Don’t buy it at all

One thing is for sure - they were utterly irresponsible and negligent parents who can only blame themselves for her disappearance and likely death. I don’t know how they sleep at night.

ETA it changed pead0 to weirdo..

Reactions: 19
For me this case is such a mystery, I’m so tied. I do think the parents are somehow involved but I’m not sure as to what extent. I think most likely is that they drugged the kids, something happened to Madeline, they tit themselves because they would lose their jobs as doctors / potentially the twins if it was exposed and then somehow covered it up. The question marks here are how they’d cover it up in a foreign country.

The weirdo stuff I’m also not sure. Yes they were potentially swingers / had some bleeping dodgy mates but I don’t know if that equals pimping their kids out whilst on holiday. Equally if they were involved in these circles then why would she be abducted? Surely they would come in, do whatever and then leave again.

I think least likely is that she randomly escaped and wandered into the ocean. Don’t buy it at all

One thing is for sure - they were utterly irresponsible and negligent parents who can only blame themselves for her disappearance and likely death. I don’t know how they sleep at night.

One (hopefully false) possibility is, there really was some sexual abuse going and because of that or during something happened to her, and that’s why they needed to cover up that accident.

In the occasional report here in Germany, there seems to be certainty that the German suspect might indeed be the kidnapper/murderer.
The crime scene though, with no finger prints and no traces of window opening speaks against this. Also the cadaver dogs and the parents‘ behaviour.

Reactions: 8

The parents could not have done this cover up by themselves. They had to have had help in high places. Why would that be? I don't belive she was abducted, or wandered off she died in that room.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The parents could not have done this cover up by themselves. They had to have had help in high places. Why would that be? I don't belive she was abducted, or wandered off she died in that room.
She 100% died in that room. The dogs found the scent in there and directly on the ground outside the window.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She 100% died in that room. The dogs found the scent in there and directly on the ground outside the window.
I'm with Betty, I think that's most likely.
Not impossible though the blood was an injury and she died elsewhere.
Ideal case for the poor little thing is she got out of bed dazed and fell, hit her head and died.
It beats the more sinister reasons.

Reactions: 11
I don't know know if it's been mentioned on here yet but I heartily recommend the Richard D Hall documentary on this. It's long, but extensively researched. Throws a lot of light on the Clement Freud and Robert Murat connection too.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.