Madeleine McCann #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I havenโ€™t even seen anything to say the police couldnโ€™t get DNA samples from the apartment either. Google doesnโ€™t back it up. There does seem to be a massive amount of confusion from the Portuguese police re how to read a DNA analysis report though
Do you mean Madelines dna?

Thatโ€™s actually not true at all, they have done many studies on eye witness accounts to look at how people remember things and people remember things differently to each other and often differently to what actually happened. The reality is it turned into one of the biggest nights of their lives after the fact. You arenโ€™t aware of that at the time so youโ€™re just getting ready for dinner like a regular night, not overly taking too much notice of details. If youโ€™ve ever had to pour over the find details of your night or a night last week, particularly after a crisis, itโ€™s actually incredibly difficult.

I find it odd that people keep saying this. It now just comes across as trying to push a narrative of them being cold, unloving parents to make it seem more likely that they were involved. That have said on multiple occasions that they very much regret leaving the children.
Kate -
โ€œWe now bitterly regret it and will do so until the end of our days.โ€

I'm not saying her parents were cold... I don't know them. What I am saying is that the reason people think they had something to do with it was because their behaviour was odd. I've never seen Kate or gerry say their behaviour was wrong so thank you for sharing that but the reason people think they are cold unfeeling parents is because that is how they come across. Leave their babies, sharing toothbrushes, no recent photographs, going for a jog or tennis or whatever. They just don't seem to get the natural sympathy that would pour out of people usually in this horrific circumstance and it is like no one is allowed to criticise them as parents. Well I do. I am highly critical of Kate and gerry as parents.

Reactions: 7
I'm not saying her parents were cold... I don't know them. What I am saying is that the reason people think they had something to do with it was because their behaviour was odd. I've never seen Kate or gerry say their behaviour was wrong so thank you for sharing that but the reason people think they are cold unfeeling parents is because that is how they come across. Leave their babies, sharing toothbrushes, no recent photographs, going for a jog or tennis or whatever. They just don't seem to get the natural sympathy that would pour out of people usually in this horrific circumstance and it is like no one is allowed to criticise them as parents. Well I do. I am highly critical of Kate and gerry as parents.
Sorry, but where have you been? Plenty of people criticise them as parents. You only have to go on any comments section of any article or thread about them to see that.

Reactions: 5
But also, they donโ€™t have to please the general public as parents. They donโ€™t have to meet your approval. Theyโ€™re victims of a crime. Crimes happen to everyone, good people, bad people and in between people. What you think of them isnโ€™t really important. What do you want, for them to impress you?!

and thatโ€™s not even touching on the inherent sexism of kate not behaving the way a woman is expected to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think it was the way a mother would be expected to behave ...(not a woman)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think it was the way a mother would be expected to behave ...(not a woman)
Who cares, still sexist. Same thing

so are we saying now we assume victims of crimes are lying? I donโ€™t need to know it,they reported it, it happened, theyโ€™re victims of a crime.

I donโ€™t need to know it,they reported it, it happened, theyโ€™re victims of a crime.
So they said "they've taken her" and as far as you're concerned, that's it. Open and shut case. They couldn't possibly be lying. Because they said they aren't.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.