Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg78

VIP Member
Lessons I have learnt today:

-8am is an excellent time for yellow sticker hunting
-whoever ordered the globes last year needs to be on fangs duty next
-turn your back for a moment and watch a magic trick as a 3 year old shakes your hard-fought Shockcorn packet into sawdust 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 14
i hope so ! they replaced lots of the lovely veggie stuff with plant based alternatives
Yes!!
I’m not vegan or vege but I do like vege stuff, sometimes meat knocks me sick. But I don’t fancy eating all these plant based things like fake burgers, it’s all a bit weird and too processed for me that. Rather just eat a vege burger than fake meat 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 13

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
those witches teeth were EVERYWHERE in my shop. they were two rows on the shelves of them, on every till. at the entrance of the café. i even said to the woman putting out the halloween yellow stickers ‘any cheesey fangs?’ and she went ‘oh the witches teeth?’ i was like no of course not i obvs mean the cheesy fangs 🤣🤣 trying to get me to buy them cos no one else is, i know your game!

• Haha

Very traditional

VIP Member
I tried M&S baked beans today for the first time and I loved them! Only ever been a Heniz beans girl but I’m converted. I also found where my store hides the good Garlic bread, it’s not in a freezer by the bakery but in fact in a freezer next to the self serve tills - I have one in the oven now and it smells incredible!
Quoting myself here .. the garlic bread is insane!! Going to grab a couple of loaves for the freezer so I’ve always got one handy, thanks so much to you all for recommending them!

• Heart
  • Haha

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Ive had loads of M&S workers like this!! Once I got fish on yellow sticker and she was making a huge deal out of it when the queue was large because it was down to £2 when it was originally £7 like yeah that’s how yellow stickers work? And she called her manager over about it as if I personally stuck it on myself so I told her to not bother and just paid for rest of my shopping. M&S always makes me feel like a criminal especially my local is in a rough shopping centre so always getting followed about by security especially in the clothes section
I have heard of some shopworkers being a bit Robin Hood (marking down food when they see that for example a pensioner is struggling over what to buy). They'll bang a reduction on it and make an excuse that it's been marked down.

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I don’t know about you guys but I’m looking forward to Tuesday when all the Halloween snacks should be going on yellow sticker 🤣

• Haha

maharini

Anybody know anything about winning your clothes shopping - someone in our local shop won the clothes she bought yesterday and was pictured on FB in the shop so it was for real.
I won £86 worth of food shopping at the start of the year. No fuss made, I just scanned my Sparks card, and the till operator said - ‘nothing to pay, you’ve won your shopping with Sparks, off you go! ‘. The shop was really quiet, nobody else in the queue. Apparently, somebody wins once a week.

Also, M&S and I are friends again after I’ve had a couple of weeks away from them, eating the freezer contents pre-Christmas, saving & working. Free chocolate, £15% off boots, £20% off towels and knitwear. I feel a spree coming on…. They’re obvs like a boyfriend - treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen. (Not that I do that - I’m a total softy!).

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
I’m seriously worried my local store is getting the chop, they had plans for expansion and building work had commenced, now all of a sudden it’s stopped, they’re selling off the display sofas and they’ve closed one of the cafes to use as storage for sale stock. They’ve also not stocked full ranges all year, things like the advent calendar and feta dip have been nowhere to be seen! It’s the only store left within a 45 minute radius, all our others have been closed already, considering the head office is based in my county you’d think we’d have more exposure not less 😕

Please don’t shut my local store M&S elves 🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Someone’s rated it 1 star on Ocado because they’re not full size bars 🙄 does it say on the pack how many grams they are?
Some people 🤣 were they really expecting 25 full bars for £12?!
The whole thing is 300g so works out about 12g per bar? They are a decent size and enough to not have to share 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Meg78

VIP Member
Theory: the frozen garlic bread is made using loaves of bread they can no longer sell on the bakery counter

it’s still delicious but I do wish they’d discount the price slightly to reflect it if so and highlight the sustainability/ food waste, could be a great idea for all supermarkets to follow

Meg78

VIP Member
Had to travel north today for work, stopped at a Simply Food in Leigh

if any of our fellow tattlers live locally…….

7C8ACD2C-22B5-4AE7-B7EB-6EE96DB77317.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

I_Like_Tractors

VIP Member
Ive heard lots of people complaining about this..that the vegetarian option has been replaced with plant based onesso they dont need 2 separate options.
i think its quite unfair as many vegetarians enjoy real cheese and eggs not a chemical alternative

have you seen the plant based mince ? 🤮🤮🤮🤮 is what i think everytime i go past it ..it looks revolting!
Same with us poor gluten free sods, we end up having to put up with the vegan option because they can't be bothered to make separate things so they make it vegan AND gf. Maddening.

• Sad

Very traditional

VIP Member
I tried M&S baked beans today for the first time and I loved them! Only ever been a Heniz beans girl but I’m converted. I also found where my store hides the good Garlic bread, it’s not in a freezer by the bakery but in fact in a freezer next to the self serve tills - I have one in the oven now and it smells incredible!

• Heart
  • Haha

Notworthy

VIP Member
Imagine if you scanning for that lady....gave her the free shop 😆
Raging x2, just got an email from M&S saying my item is back in stock, less than 12 hours after the email cancellingn my order. I've sent them an email saying how poor it is. I sent them an email this morning saying they should not arbitrarily cancel an order but give us an option of either cancelling or waiting and now it's fucking back in so I would've received it when I was supposed to anyway, instead I've had the expense and time travelling into the shithole that is Croydon. It did cross my mind that I would get the free shopping on her bras but the chances were slim to none

• Wow
  • Heart