Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg78

VIP Member
I had a sparks offer for 15% off all meat, fish, fruit and veg, thought I’d go in today to have a gander at prices and make a list of potentials….. well I hit the bloody jackpot, about 75% of the food hall fresh department was all reduced! Ended up filling a trolley to the brim like I was on supermarket sweep 🤣 will last our family at least six weeks hopefully, although the fridge and freezer are now a dangerous game of jenga so whether we last that long remains to be seen

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I went in a new (new to me) M&S today it was HEAVEN
They even had this machine by their coffee on which you scanned your sparks card and could try a sample of coffee before you purchased the beans!

EA6096F0-F6C4-451A-9BA4-AFCD4F1AB624.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Meg78

VIP Member
I’ve had a couple of terrible experiences recently and am starting to consider whether the bad outweighs the good.

My local store have been refusing to help with a faulty product, I have the receipt, it’s only a month old and I want to exchange for the exact same thing but they insist it must be done online, so I then speak to the online chat aaaand…… they insist it must be done in store. Infuriating. I’ve tried 3 times and it’s a Mexican standoff, no one will actually help, and so far none of them have even asked what the product is!

I also keep finding stock levels aren’t accurate online, I know things sell but this isn’t overnight, there’s an item I’ve been trying to buy for a month now that shows fluctuating stock levels online but also has an error in basket so I can’t purchase, but again asking for help looking into it is like pulling teeth, online chat came out with the gem “well we would have to do a stock take of every single item on the website just to fix yours and that would take too much time so we can’t help” …is that a thing? I’m not sure that’s a thing.

In store has been no better, I went to collect a parcel last week and an elderly lady at the screen next to me was struggling to understand how to do a drop off, she’d pressed the help button several times…. No one came. She was confused and distressed. I stepped in and guided her through how the screens work, gave instructions on where to find the barcode for returns (because there’s nothing in or on the packet to tell you) and she thanked me and asked how long I’d been working there bless her. M&S have a core customer base that is 60+, changing to paperless returns is all well and good but how on Earth are they expecting the older generation to navigate the technology involved without instruction? There was nothing near those screens with a how-to guide, and using a screen is daunting to a pensioner, they wouldn’t know to navigate to a help section on that, and in the meantime the queue builds whilst they panic, pressure builds, the customer experience for them and the ones now queueing behind them are all affected.

Add all of this to the staggering price increases in the food hall, the retentions idiot who follows me around on occasion (because I take photos for you lot and apparently that makes me suspicious), the loss of some favourite products and the recipe changes to others recently and the strange man with long hair who stares uncomfortably at me at the self service checkout and I’ve just about reached my tolerance limit. Honestly the only way they’ll keep me as a customer at this point is if they bring out a gluten free Colin cake!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
The deli style coleslaw and Charlotte potato salad is laced with crack. I made the mistake of opening them before dinner, shovelling them both into my gob like some crazed fat woman that hasn't eaten for the day. My lovely chicken salad is now going to be 3000 calories purely because of them. I shouldn't buy it. I'm not to be trusted 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
View attachment 1967282

This stuff is laced with crack, it's so good! Tastes like the filling in a kinder bueno.

I won't lie, I've just been eating it by the spoonful. Sod the slice of bread, it was just a vessel to get the stuff into my mouth anyways!
Think of all the calories you have saved by not having bread! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Went back to M&S and got the Mothers Day deal. Deliberately took £20 cash so I couldn't buy anything else, left the cash in the car and rather than go back and get the cash thought fuck it I'll use my card an get a bag of mango chutney poppadums and a bag of orange Easter whips for the journey:oops:😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
Ok so I’ve tried the Pearl strawberries…..

…….drumroll……..

They taste like….

Strawberries.

Like very very expensive strawberries.

They’ve got a veeeeery subtle vanilla finish as a tasting note, but at the end of the day they’re still strawberries, a dollop of cream and you lose the subtlety of the flavour

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Ok so I’ve tried the Pearl strawberries…..

…….drumroll……..

They taste like….

Strawberries.

Like very very expensive strawberries.

They’ve got a veeeeery subtle vanilla finish as a tasting note, but at the end of the day they’re still strawberries, a dollop of cream and you lose the subtlety of the flavour
The colour of them puts me off. I just don't think they look appetising.

• Heart

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Popped in to my local M&S after the school run and there were plenty of yellow stickered goodies. I picked up the deli coleslaw, mini iced cupcakes, marmite pinwheel, 2 pack baked potatoes for work next week and a pack of braeburn apples. Also treated myself to the gastro meal deal for two one. I chose the chicken kievs after seeing the reviews on here, triple cooked chips and mac and cheese balls after the SA gave me a glowing recommendation of them. I also picked up a yellow stickered rice pud for desert and a pack of strawberry whips plus the obligatory garlic bread of dreams 😋 👌 Think its the least I deserve after working 52hrs this week and it being payday! Even my kids refer to it as the garlic bread of dreams now 🤣

NigellaBites

Been in today and got my free granola (£5) free bag of Percy Pigs (large) plus sparks discount off crisps, fresh fruit, vegetables, reduced to clear Bisto Gravy, stir fry deal, dine in deal and a LOAD of other stuff and it came to £107 then down to £60 after sparks offers, sparks freebies, £5 off a £40 spend and used a couple of small denomination gift vouchers. My fridge and cupboards are full of treats again and we shall be dining and snacking nicely over the next week or so 💛💛

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Jellybean79

VIP Member
Braved the snow and ice to head for my local store and heartbroken to find the kitchen spray is fully sold out 😔

Just how weird would it be for me to drive another 40 mins to the next nearest store to check their supply?
You’re asking the wrong people 😂. Go! 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Wow these are so good, I almost wish I hadn’t discovered them.

They’re 680 calories each (if you’re sad like me and generally try to keep a tally of daily intake), but are only a mouthful and I ate all six..obvs 🤭🫣 #noregrets.

I love that that have actual citrus peel in them and the chocolate isn’t too thick. They’re moist and chewy and just bloody moreish.

I often choose really rich, chocolaty stuff and end up feeling a bit ill after, but these are lovely and the lemon makes them taste quite fresh.
897EB18D-190E-40F2-98A1-0ACACAB4BD7E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart