Lydia Millen #74 Poor puppy flinches at her touch, this vapid woman yells too much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the stone floors will look much nicer when finished, grouted and sealed... but they are so matte they do look more outdoors. Give them time to look like a nice stone floor vs pavers. What you all saw yesterday is far from the finished lewk.

Though I go on record that this thickness change and ripple effect thorough the house was a huge mistake... and they don’t look that different from what she had. I wouldn’t have advised my clients do this. Not worth it. But then they are paying for it vs free.

Reactions: 20
God those Linen sofa covers wont last 5 mins when Lucifer Lumi starts scratching them 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Cats hate change, it distresses them and can cause them to pee in places they shouldn't. Lydia's house has been in constant turmoil since they moved in, with countless new people traipsing through the house, workmen, people that work for her, so many strange smells, then Bolly arrives, followed close behind briefly by Winston, then Porter. That cat is probably stressed out to the max, just because it sleeps with them doesn't mean it's not stressed. I am very sensitive to smells and I would hate it in her house, let alone an animal that has a much keener sense of smell than we humans do.
Both Method and Ecover are now owned by the giant SC Johnson & Co. These little brands get bought out by the big guys, I then wonder about their ethics when that happens.

I watched her latest flog as I wanted to see the living room and kitchen. I don't like a single part of it, the kitchen floor looks as if someone has laid paving slabs that are meant for the garden in there. The colour of everything is horrible, the corridors now look like an unpleasant institution, the kind you really don't want to stay in. What struck me though was as she was doing her makeup she seemed to be spying on the workmen in the house. She said something about keeping an eye on them and was constantly checking her phone. I would hate to be anyone working in her house if she has cameras all over and knew she was watching me all the time.
Nooo, I love Method, that's a bugger

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This is completely off topic but it is a pet peeve of mine: I dislike that cleaning brands are now emblazoning all their products with, "99% effective against the Corona Virus".

They have always been effective against the corona virus. If you look back at a bottle of bleach from 10 years ago, it will say the same. They make out that they are specifying the COVID-19 variant - but it is deliberately misleading (just like our Lyds, actually).

According to the CDC (see here), human corona viruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. Seven different kinds of human corona viruses exist, including 229E, NL63, OC43 and HKU1. Most human corona viruses cause “mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses”, similar to the common cold. Corona viruses that infect animals can evolve and become new human corona viruses. The CDC makes clear on its site that the information they provide applies "to common human corona viruses and should not be confused with corona virus disease 2019 (formerly referred to as 2019 Novel Corona virus)", referring to the strain of the virus behind the disease COVID-19. Further explanation, here .

Anywho... back to the ca'pietra limestone...

Surely, surely, a big miscommunication happened here. The sample looks nothing like the flooring. I understand the sealant has not been applied yet but... it looks completely wrong to be in a modern home. Somewhere, a Tom Howley representative is screaming into a pillow at the travesty of kitchen "reno" that is taking place.
The effectivity of a disinfectant depends on the coating of a virus. If the virus is coated a certain way, the disinfectant can destroy parts of the coating and the virus is not "viable" (note that viruses are not viable in the definition of a living organism) any more.

The coat can be harmed by ethanol (usual alc), or maybe by H2O2, or Hypochlorite, etc.

My guess is that Zoflora contains ethanol, but the real harm for lungs and comes from the added multitude of fragrances. There it doesn't matter if the component is man made or "natural" both can be sensitizing and toxic.
Neurotoxins, as @Oops... stated, are targeting neurons. As everyone can surely verify, ethanol is a neurotoxin, given it's intoxicating potential when ingested. So I wouldn't get all panicked and I don't know the scientific accuracy of the source that stated this.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I expected, the sensitizing potential is coming from a multitude of added fragrances, "natural" and man made.

Please, don't let yourself get fear-mongered by un-scientific outlets. Just a components name seems complicated, doesn't mean it's harmful.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The three base components are the ones that to the disinfecting, methanol is potential more harmful (ingested, inhaled; the harm of methanol vs ethanol is, because of their metabols), but I can't evaluate the dose out of the sheet.

Of course, they don't list their fragrances :rolleyes:

1615565216264.png

The three underlined compounds are fragrances that have to be declared separately instead under the umbrella term "perfume" or "fragrance" because of their sensitizing potential.

Sensitizing usually means, if you have skin contact with one of those compounds plus a potential allergen, it can lead to a contact dermatitis (aka skin allergy). It has the potential to activate your immune (cell) system in a way, it doesn't benefit you (like with viruses or bacteria etc). -> Allergy

I only have a clue about Immune topics and Environmental toxicity, don't know what it can do to your respiratory system (besides activating immune cells), especially if you already have a condition, and don't know about toxicity of certain substances, regarding animals. I believe to remember, that lavender scent is harmful for dogs and cats(?) as example.

And you have always to see the context, a potential neuro toxin can't do anything, if it isn't able to enter your body, and then it has to reach the target cells (neurons). Potential entryways are: blood, lungs, hurt skin, eyes. Some substances can overtake the skin barrier, and the mucous membranes (the continuation of the skin inside the body) are also at risk. Also, never forget "the dose makes the poison"

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It must be some method in this madness of refurbishment. Hear me now....... They put underfloor heating under that stone floor .So there we have 5* spa zone.... 241 sauna with hot stone massage then they can relax in black Creaky Cauldron living room. Perfect for her stressed soul

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The kitchen floor looks just like a pavement , chuck some fag ends on it and some Mc Donalds empties and the steetscene would be complete !!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I am no expert, only had outdoor cats. But is it normal? What's wrong with that cat?

Edit to add, actually had new kittens inside for a few weeks while they get used to us, but they used the litter without any teaching.
Same experience with me! My cat's never had an accident, even when after an op he was prevented from going outside, he remembered to use the litter box and I didn't have one problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t understand how putting covers on the wrong way would result in Lydia sitting on springs?!
I know. She certainly meant the cushions you sit on. They are so dumb.

Just an off topic (hopefully) helpful tip (just in case it hasn’t occurred to you). When you store things like Febreze and Fabric Softeners or indeed any cleaning products, some time it can be wise to check out what the chemicals contained in them can do to you. They give you the scientific name on the bottle or pack but check out what those chemicals can do. This is one of the reasons I flipped my lid when she was going to put Porter in the laundry when the cleaning products were stored. There is so much info on line - just look up the name of the product and type toxins next to it. It’s really staggering what toxins seep into our homes without us being aware. `They can cause breathing problems, neurological problems, liver problems, kidney problems, fatigue - the list is endless. Sorry if this post annoys anyone but I cant know it and not put it out there. Same goes for off-gassing with paint, carpets, new mattresses etc. There I’ve said it. Thank you for your forbearance... :oops:

gets down off soapbox and slinks away...
Yes, but research with the help of reliable sources and not pseudo-scientfic fear-mongerers (especially those that bang on "all natural", because it's a bullshit claim).
Most time the culprit is the multitude of fragrances used in such products, and it doesn't matter if they are "natural" or not.

The kitchen floor looks just like a pavement , chuck some fag ends on it and some Mc Donalds empties and the steetscene would be complete !!
We need pigeons (not only on the wall as colour)!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought the only floor worth the expense and disruption would be reclaimed old flagstones, all different sizes, that would follow to the patio outside, the whole thing. They are beautiful in themselves and worth the effort, otherwise don’t bother. And in the hall, if they didn’t like the fake wood, they could install reclaimed wood or reclaimed parquet. Much more interesting and original.

Reactions: 10
Edit. There are serious neurotoxins emitted from Febreze - they can affect eyes, lungs etc etc etc...really bad for pets and bad for humans too...10 more bottles to go through!!!!!
I didn't know this :oops: I don't use the stuff a lot, but will bin it right now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The effectivity of a disinfectant depends on the coating of a virus. If the virus is coated a certain way, the disinfectant can destroy parts of the coating and the virus is not "viable" (note that viruses are not viable in the definition of a living organism) any more.

The coat can be harmed by ethanol (usual alc), or maybe by H2O2, or Hypochlorite, etc.

My guess is that Zoflora contains ethanol, but the real harm for lungs and comes from the added multitude of fragrances. There it doesn't matter if the component is man made or "natural" both can be sensitizing and toxic.
Neurotoxins, as @Oops... stated, are targeting neurons. As everyone can surely verify, ethanol is a neurotoxin, given it's intoxicating potential when ingested. So I wouldn't get all panicked and I don't know the scientific accuracy of the source that stated this.

As I expected, the sensitizing potential is coming from a multitude of added fragrances, "natural" and man made.

Please, don't let yourself get fear-mongered by un-scientific outlets. Just a components name seems complicated, doesn't mean it's harmful.

The three base components are the ones that to the disinfecting, methanol is potential more harmful (ingested, inhaled; the harm of methanol vs ethanol is, because of their metabols), but I can't evaluate the dose out of the sheet.

Of course, they don't list their fragrances :rolleyes:

View attachment 479180
The three underlined compounds are fragrances that have to be declared separately instead under the umbrella term "perfume" or "fragrance" because of their sensitizing potential.

Sensitizing usually means, if you have skin contact with one of those compounds plus a potential allergen, it can lead to a contact dermatitis (aka skin allergy). It has the potential to activate your immune (cell) system in a way, it doesn't benefit you (like with viruses or bacteria etc). -> Allergy

I only have a clue about Immune topics and Environmental toxicity, don't know what it can do to your respiratory system (besides activating immune cells), especially if you already have a condition, and don't know about toxicity of certain substances, regarding animals. I believe to remember, that lavender scent is harmful for dogs and cats(?) as example.

And you have always to see the context, a potential neuro toxin can't do anything, if it isn't able to enter your body, and then it has to reach the target cells (neurons). Potential entryways are: blood, lungs, hurt skin, eyes. Some substances can overtake the skin barrier, and the mucous membranes (the continuation of the skin inside the body) are also at risk. Also, never forget "the dose makes the poison"
I thought you were a bit of a brain. excellent summary 👏👏👏👏
iI think the standout message from this is neurons. Lids and Aldi will be fine as they don’t have any.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
20210312_170756.jpg

🤦‍♀️ so her friend, Frow, has supported her more, yet Lydia is added twice.....
Is this because of hairgate and the whatsapp group they created together, is Lydia trying to keep on Amelias good side by "supporting" her collection....

I just find this so odd!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I don’t think that poor cat even has a litter box at all, she lets lumi pee in the garden...
Considering how dirty and stained her clothes are from makeup, grease and fake tan I have to guess the rest of the house is equally dirty.
Cat and dog pee everywhere, disgusting flowerwater in the vases, letting the cat walk all over the kitchen surfaces....
Remember she also puts the kitchen TRASH bin on top of the marble island while she “””cooks””””.
To be fair, I have 3 cats with outdoor access, provide multiple litter boxes both inside and outside, keep them immaculate, and still they all prefer to do their business elsewhere outside. In Lumi's case, I suppose she has six massive litter boxes for her use, just by the greenhouse.

God those Linen sofa covers wont last 5 mins when Lucifer Lumi starts scratching them 😊
Between those and the perfectly textured new carpet, Lumi will have the sharpest nails of the land!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes, but research with the help of reliable sources and not pseudo-scientfic fear-mongerers (especially those that bang on "all natural", because it's a bullshit claim).
Most time the culprit is the multitude of fragrances used in such products, and it doesn't matter if they are "natural"
Please be assured I am not talking about pseudo-science and have no wish to be a fear monger! Quite the reverse...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lydia is such a copy cat. Of course she plans to completely change this "cloak room" now, but still. I get inspired by things, by people's homes and outfits, but I always put my own stamp on things. I want my home to be representative of my husband and I. For people to see how our personalities meshed together. Ali repeatedly dislikes the renovations and is curtly dismissed. It is deeply gross to me how dismissive she is of anything he may want or like. Such as, I don't know, comfortable stools to sit on after he's made the evening meal since he spent the entire day doing chores and she can't be arsed to even prepare their meal.

Weak wrists my ass. She is the laziest, most unoriginal, easily influenced, fanging creature on the internets.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That has to be indicative of some sort of bladder problem. Or it could just be as simple as her litter box being filthy. I have a male cat and he’s never once peed anywhere except for his box, and he’s 8 years old.

His box is cleaned at least once a day, sometimes twice — morning and night. Maybe it’s from my years of cleaning horse stalls, but his box is very clean. Almost too much that if I haven’t done it early enough in the morning, by his first usage, he’ll sit there and howl at me. I clean it, he goes. Happy all around.

I can’t even beging to imagine what that house must smell like if she’s peeing everywhere 🤢
This is not normal behaviour 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.