Lydia Millen #74 Poor puppy flinches at her touch, this vapid woman yells too much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The disinfectant Lydia used was Zoflora @Oops... I know this because I stupidly ordered some thinking it would be ‘The Dream’ but the very first time I used it to clean my kitchen countertops Master Midnight complained that his lungs felt like they were on fire, he started struggling to breathe and I had to call an ambulance!

Bear in mind I only used about five or six drops of it in a 500ml atomiser bottle (the recommendation was one capful per 400mls), so it was very diluted but it still took days for the smell of it to dissipate completely and there was no warning on the box it came in or on the bottle itself for adverse respiratory reactions - only eye and skin irritations were mentioned.

I looked it up online once we got home from the hospital and discovered it was highly flammable in liquid and vapour form, not to be used around pets, harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects, and the list of nasty chemical compounds it contained was ridiculously long ... I binned it immediately and went back to using baking soda and a damp cloth.

That was actually the turning point for me - the fact that Lydia made an entire vlog about a cleaning product that is so incredibly toxic to humans, pets and aquatic life was reckless and borderline negligent in my opinion.

Edit: I also felt like a terrible mother for being so gullible and trusting everything she had to say about a product without doing my own research first! 😡
She had cupboards full of it and I remember holding my head in my hands at the time. The toxicity in that house from EMF‘s and other toxins concerns me for all the animals that are/go there. L&A must have constant headaches.

What an awful experience for you and Master Midnight. 😞

AT LEAST YOU HAD THE SENSE TO LOOK UP THE COMPONENT PARTS AND NOT USE IT!!

She’s never off her phone why doesn‘t she read something useful?

Don‘t use sprays or chemicals near animals. Surely to goodness she must know that. Why get a puppy with all this upheaval and off-gassing ahead? I know it’s been asked before but I want to keep raising this...

It’s SO appalling! I’ve been appalled over this for absolutely AGES. There was so much info about Zoflorra out there - surely anyone with animals checks this out? I think eventually Zoflora did put a warning on the bottle re animals but am not certain.

Edit. There are serious neurotoxins emitted from Febreze - they can affect eyes, lungs etc etc etc...really bad for pets and bad for humans too...10 more bottles to go through!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
This is completely off topic but it is a pet peeve of mine: I dislike that cleaning brands are now emblazoning all their products with, "99% effective against the Corona Virus".

They have always been effective against the corona virus. If you look back at a bottle of bleach from 10 years ago, it will say the same. They make out that they are specifying the COVID-19 variant - but it is deliberately misleading (just like our Lyds, actually).

According to the CDC (see here), human corona viruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. Seven different kinds of human corona viruses exist, including 229E, NL63, OC43 and HKU1. Most human corona viruses cause “mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses”, similar to the common cold. Corona viruses that infect animals can evolve and become new human corona viruses. The CDC makes clear on its site that the information they provide applies "to common human corona viruses and should not be confused with corona virus disease 2019 (formerly referred to as 2019 Novel Corona virus)", referring to the strain of the virus behind the disease COVID-19. Further explanation, here .

Anywho... back to the ca'pietra limestone...

Surely, surely, a big miscommunication happened here. The sample looks nothing like the flooring. I understand the sealant has not been applied yet but... it looks completely wrong to be in a modern home. Somewhere, a Tom Howley representative is screaming into a pillow at the travesty of kitchen "reno" that is taking place.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Was just reading your post to my daughter and she said it says on the Zoflora website that it kills Corona virus? Your post shocked me - that is really appalling.
I tried Method once. My lungs were burning for a good couple of hours!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
And Lumi - she wees everywhere !!!
A few days ago, I watched an old vlog of Lydiot's where she said in their old place they had to cover their couch with plastic as Lumi would always wee on the couch - her litter box (Lumi's, not Lydiot's lol) was always dirty .. I also remember another vlog filmed in The Bungalow where Lydiot said they were laying in bed and Lumi wee'd on Lydiot's head ... 🤮🤮🤮
I had a cat who had 3 owners before me. The cat used to wee everywhere and because of this he would get re-homed. When he came to me the first thing I did was take him to the vet to check for a urine infection, she then told me to use 2 litter trays and to keep them very clean. An easy solution and problem sorted. I simply cannot understand how Lidl, who says she loves and adores Lumi would allow such distressing behaviour to continue. I guess it s laziness in the extreme.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Lidl "I realised Ali had put the covers on the wrong side (...) so I was sitting on the spring, but we managed to turn the cover and it's comfy now". Ali was this a genuine mistake or a secret revenge?
LEM_inthebox.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I had a cat who had 3 owners before me. The cat used to wee everywhere and because of this he would get re-homed. When he came to me the first thing I did was take him to the vet to check for a urine infection, she then told me to use 2 litter trays and to keep them very clean. An easy solution and problem sorted. I simply cannot understand how Lidl, who says she loves and adores Lumi would allow such distressing behaviour to continue. I guess it s laziness in the extreme.
I thought it was a behavioural issue, particularly with Bengals. A friend has one and when he moved his girlfriend in (now ex) his Bengal was not happy and proceeded to start peeing all over the house. In particular on her belongings. They split (not solely for feline reasons), she moved out and the cat stopped peeing everywhere.🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Saw this under her flog:
Amie A:
Introverts aren't just people who get tired after doing a lot, that's a universal human experience. It's about social interactions and whether you find them invigorating or draining.

85 likes

Lydia Elise Millen
Lydia Elise Millen

Yes I recently read a book all about it. its fascinating is it! x

--> What the hell is this for an anwer??
Lydia better not come for mon Amie! 😤
"read" a "book" Sure, Jan.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just an off topic (hopefully) helpful tip (just in case it hasn’t occurred to you). When you store things like Febreze and Fabric Softeners or indeed any cleaning products, some time it can be wise to check out what the chemicals contained in them can do to you. They give you the scientific name on the bottle or pack but check out what those chemicals can do. This is one of the reasons I flipped my lid when she was going to put Porter in the laundry when the cleaning products were stored. There is so much info on line - just look up the name of the product and type toxins next to it. It’s really staggering what toxins seep into our homes without us being aware. `They can cause breathing problems, neurological problems, liver problems, kidney problems, fatigue - the list is endless. Sorry if this post annoys anyone but I cant know it and not put it out there. Same goes for off-gassing with paint, carpets, new mattresses etc. There I’ve said it. Thank you for your forbearance... :oops:

gets down off soapbox and slinks away...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I watched the flog. Wound through most of her OTT eulogising about the carpet being the “most beautiful” carpet she’s ever seen and the make up waffle about needing to put her make up on before the work men arrive (eh?). Skipped to the lounge unveil where she congratulates herself for having saved £5k by not getting new sofas (eh? x 2) and is worried that she has “zero hand strength” so she’s not sure she can get the new covers on the sofas which Ali has asked her to Do The covers are taupe linen and I actually like them, albeit I’d be really worried that linen is going to get really creased, especially as she spends so long each day lying down on said sofas under a blanket. She has to steam the covers and the steamer spills water all over the new dream carpet. The steamer’s fault, obviously, not her’s. I mean who’d have thought to put a towel under it for example. She then sprays the sofas with 50 litres of fabric freshener because they smell of new fabric and new carpet, because well they would wouldn’t they! She is “over the moon” with the new flooring in the kitchen and hallway. Unfortunately it looks too warm and orange to me, but then I think the Drop Cloth colour looks too dark in the hallway, so what do I know? I’m pretty sure though that she’ll be painting over it in 12 months time and making nasty remarks about Lauren. It’s then out to the greenhouse, where she is awaiting the arrival of the “stove“. I may have misheard this as surely this can’t be right; is she literally installing a stove in a greenhouse? Eh ?x 3. Then it’s time for Chinese takeaway, to be eaten in the newly decorated lounge. Hope the new carpet and sofa covers didn’t get covered in sweet and sour sauce ...... that would most definitely not be “the dream”!!

• Heart
Did anyone else notice Lydiots floating head when she was in her living room? Her hair and nasty gal jumper dress totally disappeared into the black hole walls. You could just see an orange face bobbing about 😂😂😂😂
You mean like this?
1615562986227.png

She was planning to move nearer Lidl....I wonder how near?
I heard she moves in a light flooded house, surrounded by woods and garden. It has underfloor heating and a stove. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
When we were children every time we said “I want” my Mum would reply with “you will get what you’re given and you’ll thank The Lord for it, or you will get nothing at all”!

It turned out to be a very effective way of ensuring we didn’t grow up to be entitled brats.
He's so short.

That is at least 50% off her BOTS gone that are her 'followers'. What a @ssClown

Jinx. Sorry. I said this too before I read your post. :).
Why is the carpet lumpy at left side corner of the fire place?
First time poster, and I’m sure this has been said to death, but I don’t understand the vibe she’s going for in her home? Ali’s office looks like a wetherspoons.
I think it looks like a home in the 80’s. And it’s the before picture before seeing the now!! 🤔 I think they tried to do a masculine man cave but it doesn’t and she will get these compliments it looks so good when I don’t see it! I like the glam chandelier in my opinion when they first did the house but I like where she changed the furniture to a slipcover but I would have went with a higher quality like Steven Chourday! He’s got the look I’ve always went with or tried to pull off as best I could! I
I’m in the US and I would say most everyone I know has AC no matter the climate. It’s just a standard comfort thing... I love it! On lovely days I have windows open but on hot or muggy days it’s AC all the way baby! ❄
I’m in the U.S. to and I wouldn’t live without central air or a furnace that blows hot air instead of the radiators! It’s instantly hot or cold
When I had cats I avoided using highly scented products. No wonder Lummi bear pees everywhere! She's competing with Fabreeze and Jo Malone, Aerin and Old Spice!
I thought they were losing those sockets in the middle of the floor?
What is the Insta she's copying? Do they know?

@Julia123 is our resident interior designer. She will be dispensing advice at our post Covid get together, alongside my Gardeners' Question Time tent!
Just an off topic (hopefully) helpful tip (just in case it hasn’t occurred to you). When you store things like Febreze and Fabric Softeners or indeed any cleaning products, some time it can be wise to check out what the chemicals contained in them can do to you. They give you the scientific name on the bottle or pack but check out what those chemicals can do. This is one of the reasons I flipped my lid when she was going to put Porter in the laundry when the cleaning products were stored. There is so much info on line - just look up the name of the product and type toxins next to it. It’s really staggering what toxins seep into our homes without us being aware. `They can cause breathing problems, neurological problems, liver problems, kidney problems, fatigue - the list is endless. Sorry if this post annoys anyone but I cant know it and not put it out there. Same goes for off-gassing with paint, carpets, new mattresses etc. There I’ve said it. Thank you for your forbearance... :oops:

gets down off soapbox and slinks away...
Especially if anything is made in the u.s.a. because our food has chemicals that aren’t and shouldn’t be allowed in most countries!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
That has to be indicative of some sort of bladder problem. Or it could just be as simple as her litter box being filthy. I have a male cat and he’s never once peed anywhere except for his box, and he’s 8 years old.

His box is cleaned at least once a day, sometimes twice — morning and night. Maybe it’s from my years of cleaning horse stalls, but his box is very clean. Almost too much that if I haven’t done it early enough in the morning, by his first usage, he’ll sit there and howl at me. I clean it, he goes. Happy all around.

I can’t even beging to imagine what that house must smell like if she’s peeing everywhere 🤢

I don’t think that poor cat even has a litter box at all, she lets lumi pee in the garden...
Considering how dirty and stained her clothes are from makeup, grease and fake tan I have to guess the rest of the house is equally dirty.
Cat and dog pee everywhere, disgusting flowerwater in the vases, letting the cat walk all over the kitchen surfaces....
Remember she also puts the kitchen TRASH bin on top of the marble island while she “””cooks””””.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I thought it was a behavioural issue, particularly with Bengals. A friend has one and when he moved his girlfriend in (now ex) his Bengal was not happy and proceeded to start peeing all over the house. In particular on her belongings. They split (not solely for feline reasons), she moved out and the cat stopped peeing everywhere.🙄
Cats hate change, it distresses them and can cause them to pee in places they shouldn't. Lydia's house has been in constant turmoil since they moved in, with countless new people traipsing through the house, workmen, people that work for her, so many strange smells, then Bolly arrives, followed close behind briefly by Winston, then Porter. That cat is probably stressed out to the max, just because it sleeps with them doesn't mean it's not stressed. I am very sensitive to smells and I would hate it in her house, let alone an animal that has a much keener sense of smell than we humans do.
Both Method and Ecover are now owned by the giant SC Johnson & Co. These little brands get bought out by the big guys, I then wonder about their ethics when that happens.

I watched her latest flog as I wanted to see the living room and kitchen. I don't like a single part of it, the kitchen floor looks as if someone has laid paving slabs that are meant for the garden in there. The colour of everything is horrible, the corridors now look like an unpleasant institution, the kind you really don't want to stay in. What struck me though was as she was doing her makeup she seemed to be spying on the workmen in the house. She said something about keeping an eye on them and was constantly checking her phone. I would hate to be anyone working in her house if she has cameras all over and knew she was watching me all the time.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
knutsford
Thanks, its my husband's home town

View attachment 478819 View attachment 478820
Oh my goodness..... I know it's probably not coming through on camera but can't you just see the difference in the warmth between the peasant quality Dulux paint (left) vs the Farrow and Ball paint (right)??? (Oh sorry did I say peasant? I meant to say pheasant now that I'm the countess of Bungalow Abbey) Honestly though, just woooooow. It's absolutely mind blowing. Who knew jet black could have so many different tones and accents?! But anyway, you guys watching won't understand because you really have to be physically INSIDE the room to feel its presence.
Dulux paint is actually better than F&B

it’s High Legh. Technically it’s own village, but postal addresses are usually High Legh, Knutsford.
let me dig up the sales info, I think it was around £2M

🤣🤣 more WAG central than her Lidlships aspiration to old country posh

this is Park House.
they put anTom Howley kitchen in after buying.
Thank you - wow, that is seriously stunning. That he’d, too. So beautiful. And a nice location too, Knutsford is fab.
High Legh is nice but not on the same scale as Alderley Edge

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Random observations from the vlog:

- Wasn't the kitchen floor supposed to be random sized tiles? Didn't she mention that was a last minute change that made it more expensive? The tiles look the same size (and also very orange).

- Why is she wearing such an impractical dress to do "work" around the house? And Prada boots??

- How malnourished do you have to be to not have strength to pull out cushions out from their covers?

- The CCTV watching if the tradesmen is creepy.

- Everything looks so... Soupy. Are they trying to match the colours to the name of the house (Potager Bunga)?

- And last, la pièce de résistance, the light ceiling that was clearly fitted upside down

View attachment 478689

Similar model from John Lewis:

View attachment 478691
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I think it's because if they fitted it this way the room is too dark. By having the lightbulbs face down they get more light.
P.s. it's too dark because shes painted the walls black, farrow & ball black (said in the tone of an M&S ad) 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Did anyone else notice Lydiots floating head when she was in her living room? Her hair and nasty gal jumper dress totally disappeared into the black hole walls. You could just see an orange face bobbing about 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is totally off topic, but what’s the main difference between knutsford and alderley edge? Is knutsford ‘old money’ and alderley edge ‘new money’? I’ve always wondered!
The are both old and new money although AE used to be old money but footballers have moved there with their new money. Knutsford has both too, both lovely places

Reactions: 3
I watched the flog. Wound through most of her OTT eulogising about the carpet being the “most beautiful” carpet she’s ever seen and the make up waffle about needing to put her make up on before the work men arrive (eh?). Skipped to the lounge unveil where she congratulates herself for having saved £5k by not getting new sofas (eh? x 2) and is worried that she has “zero hand strength” so she’s not sure she can get the new covers on the sofas which Ali has asked her to Do The covers are taupe linen and I actually like them, albeit I’d be really worried that linen is going to get really creased, especially as she spends so long each day lying down on said sofas under a blanket. She has to steam the covers and the steamer spills water all over the new dream carpet. The steamer’s fault, obviously, not her’s. I mean who’d have thought to put a towel under it for example. She then sprays the sofas with 50 litres of fabric freshener because they smell of new fabric and new carpet, because well they would wouldn’t they! She is “over the moon” with the new flooring in the kitchen and hallway. Unfortunately it looks too warm and orange to me, but then I think the Drop Cloth colour looks too dark in the hallway, so what do I know? I’m pretty sure though that she’ll be painting over it in 12 months time and making nasty remarks about Lauren. It’s then out to the greenhouse, where she is awaiting the arrival of the “stove“. I may have misheard this as surely this can’t be right; is she literally installing a stove in a greenhouse? Eh ?x 3. Then it’s time for Chinese takeaway, to be eaten in the newly decorated lounge. Hope the new carpet and sofa covers didn’t get covered in sweet and sour sauce ...... that would most definitely not be “the dream”!!
Louise I am sorry but you are completely, utterly wrong! There is no way Lydia will go a whole 12 months before changing the dropcloth paint!😁 You are far too generous! Seriously though, excellent post. X
I don't why it bothered me that she was so desperate to get her makeup done before the workmen or as she says tradesmen, arrive by it really did annoy me.
Erm, they've come to do work Lydiot, not discuss how stunning you are or even ask about your weird contour.
Still find it odd that she has paid (probably a huge amount) for the interior designer to make all these changes and she doesn't know exactly what choices Lauren ( it is Lauren?) has made in terms of lights etc.
I get collaborating with an interior designer totally, but I cannot for the life of me understand why you would not want to choose everything yourself? Maybe it's so she can put the blame firmly on someone else in a few months when she decides it's time for a redo!
I also can't stand the way she explains things (that she's only just learned herself) to her viewers as if they couldn't possibly be already aware of said thing.
Finally, I think she was desperate to compare her experiences with Meghan's but she didn't quite have the balls!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.