Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Magee

VIP Member
Does anyone else remember at the beginning of lockdown on a YT video where she was made up that lockdown wouldn’t affect her content because she likes to stay home, shop and show outfits off? She compares herself to other influencers who show glamorous events, travel vlogs etc, essentially making a point she was in a better position than they were for the lockdown period because nothing has changed for her. Bragging she didn’t have to suddenly think of new ideas for content and she would carry on as normal.

At first I thought, yeh, she’s right, nothing has changed for her. But this is exactly where it’s gone wrong. She hasn’t realised the major impact coronavirus has had on people’s incomes, appetite for consumerism, and that most people are happier than ever after stripping their crazy lives back to basics. Work life balance has immensely changed, some of which will be permanent. I’m not commuting every day and I don’t need that new bag to cheer me up on payday. I’m fine without any more crap in my apartment.

We have all changed, our capitalist society has been shaken up to its core. A roof over our heads, food in the fridge and healthy family and friends is really the only thing that matters out of 2020.

Lydia really needs to move with these social changes. Constant hauls, new this and luxury that has turned many people off her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Gusber

Chatty Member
I feel the same too, it is so wrong what she is doing accepting these endless hampers of food when all they eat is crap. Maybe @Gusber you should post what you've said on their Instagram page! I hope you're getting sorted out now with being able to get hold of food okay. If we knew each other and happened to live close by, I'd get your shopping for you.
Some of the loveliest, kindest people I’ve ever met have been on this forum for miserable, jealous, nasty, ugly old trolls!! Thank you, you horrid bitches!! 😘😘😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

snails

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but how much bloody self care does someone need? Her entire life is dedicated to self care!

Constant shopping - self care
Constant home improvements (therefore improving the environment you live in) - self care
A gym in your home - self care
Constantly being sent new beauty and skincare products - self care
Being able to work from home by videoing yourself doing what most of us do on a weekend - self care
Literally only having herself to worry about or look after - self care

When the YouTube bubble bursts and she has kids to look after, she'll soon come crashing down to earth. Sick and chocolate on her cream sofas. Toys in every room of the house. Crayon scribble on the walls. A constant, never ending pile of washing. Having to child proof every room in her home. Stair gates. Nappy poonamis. Colic and reflux. Getting to bed at 1am and waking at 3am to do another feed. Having to child proof the garden. Kids accidentally breaking her stupid £90 mugs. Not as much having the time to wash your hair, nevermind a 2 hour pamper session. No more time for her veg patch. The list goes on.

I just can't sit and listen to someone who ^has it all^ harping on about needing to look after herself when her entire life is a holiday.

---

Also, on another note- why does she need to 'justify' her purchases by inventing some tale of how her old ones are 'falling apart' or 'broken' from uni? No, Lydia. You're obsessed with shopping and saw new things you wanted, so you bought them. Stop with the faux 'I only bought these because I had to' tripe.

• Heart

FurCoatNoKnickers

How has someone with 850k+ Instagram (plus Globy, and lydiamillenhome), 850k+ Youtube etc. become so irrelevant. No invites to the Dior online shows, no decent press packs or PR, massive Globy launch fail + now irrelevant product, no active managements (Carrie?), no designer collaborations e.g. In The Frow now UK Bulgari ambassador, goes on some press trips but not very often, long term ambassador for ByTerry, Intimissimi, H&M, and St Tropez but also quite boring and how many times can you plug nude underwire free 28FF (lol) bras, sweatshop clothes and CC serum? Oh she's also got her tooth whitening partnership, free food hamper scandal.. and can beg for free limestone slabs and various house bits from small and local businesses. Like anyone on her FASHION/STYLE channel is going to then buy limestone slabs because she's mentioned this company in a video? We have recently seen how her irrelevance means she can only now beg for a £70 vegtrug herb garden instead of a £7000+ greenhouse. At least there are still some companies with integrity. Her engagement seems to be low but maybe it is all the comment deleting. Maybe I'm not her target audience anymore but it's all very old hat and with so many new and exciting brands and collabs happening her part of Youtube just feels dry and dying. She's clearly not got any new or good ideas to change it up either. I don't get what her "team" are constantly working on but they all need to step it up soon because even her long term fans are complaining in the comments. When I think of her compared to other influencers like Desi Perkins, Patricia Bright, ITF, Jamie Genevieve.. even Josie (who has definitely been gaining more business interest and lets face it does 10x more than Lyds even on a boring day like making bird feeders out of Amazon boxes)... Lyds is just like a bad smell hanging around in influencer land.
I thought it was hilarious that Victoria got made an Ambassador by Bulgari- and Lidl got some sanitiser from them! (to clean up her act?) bwahahahaha!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

LurkerPants

Long time lurker. Never thought I’d post BUT a fucking Fendi bag for a hike. FML. I’m done. I’m out. So over these delusional, out of touch scroungers. I am RAGING.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

HereWithPopcorn

Editing to add Carrie still edits the vlogs which I always found as weird because Lydia doesnt seem busy enough to not edit her own vlogs, especially over lockdown, what does she do all day 🤷🏻‍♀️
Reminds everyone she has a team and a HUSBAND then constantly digs at said husband, applies make up, opens parcels, prances around in dresses, begs for the next addiction, sleeps 12 hours a day, lives on pasta, bread and cheese (then pretends to be gluten intolerant), replies to youtube comments - sorry I mean deletes them. Has the odd run each week in a super lux primark vest and looks for quotes to reaffirm she's doing her best.

CHRIST... Her day is jammed packed.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50

beahunny

Chatty Member
Funny story about an apiary. My friend's brother thought one of his queens had died. So he ordered a new one in the post. The new queen arrived, he added her to the hive, she FOUND THE OLD, STILL ALIVE QUEEN, MURDERED HER and split the hive!

He was so distraught! He never meant to do that. He thought the old queen was dead. And in his ignorance, he started his own "Game of Thrones" in the Beehive! On top of all of this, he had to leave for a few days to go on a work trip. So he had a warring beehive and he had to leave them on their own to sort it out themselves. He wished them luck, did the sign of the cross above them like some sort of bishop blessing the troops and requested that at least most of them survive their battle and leave at least one queen.

He came back to a mostly alive beehive, thankfully.

Who eats pizza, sausage rolls and chips for dinner?!!??! 🤢
I would say two year olds eat like this but I have known toddlers with a more sophisticated palate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

Grey_x

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that she's relegated her The White Company apron (that Carrie bought her) to being a gardening apron? Ungrateful cow.

Run Carrie! Get a new job and some proper friends that actually appreciate you.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48

BloodyBasketCase

Just had a quick look at this video. She actually declared that she couldn’t be bothered to;

Set up a proper camera
Line all the bags up
Remember their name
Remember the price of each

Wow, super informative, you lazy bint. Go and watch Tamara’s handbag videos to see how it’s done.
God THIS. Sorry about the upcoming rant but I was thinking early about how incredibly lazy her content is. As if she has the bollox on her channel to complain about how hard she works when she makes an excuse to not upload every other week and pays someone to edit her lazy AF vlogs.

Just for a little context, I work in video production for social media content/digital advertising (not a YouTuber, motion graphic designer/video editor/producer) so I can really see the ins-and-outs of absolutely how little effort and skill she puts into her videos. Literally just props her camera up twice a week to film herself ripping into packages dispersed by her chatting about what crap she's going to beg for or buy next. And this girl is a millionaire from it! Galling.

She never films sit-downs anymore, there is never any b-roll or setup shots interspersed in her content even when she travels unless Ali films and edits for her. I find it genuinely hilarious when she has said before about how she loves how she can express her creativity through her videos.

Am I being touchy because I make videos for a living too? 😂 But the fact she loves calling herself a 'creator' cracks me up and grinds my gears at the same time. Girl doesn't have a creative bone in her body. Order crap online and then opening it whilst videoing yourself doesn't mean you are a bloody creative.

SO sorry about the rant but I needed to get it out. I've been watching some GREAT stuff on YouTube recently and the contrast is literally insane. If anyone wants to watch something that is actually beautifully shot and creative with really good folk, check out some of Sailing La Vagabond. They are this gorgeous couple with a little babe that sail around the world on a 45ft Catamaran and make these insanely well filmed beautiful videos of them actually doing stuff. So inspiring me and my partner are now learning to sail so we can do this within the next few years. What does Lydia inspire anyone to do? Buy a £90 mug so she can get a kickback?

The fact they don't even have wifi on the boat and upload an epic video every week is amazing. They sailed with Greta Thunberg across the Atlantic and still managed to get their videos uploaded on schedule. Absolutely crackers that Lydia doesn't leave the bungalow and she still it can't manage to get haul number #5064636 up on time 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

Julia123

VIP Member
Why can’t she just stain the table herself if the colour is what she is most bothered about? I’m pretty sure most wooden furniture comes with the disclaimer that not every piece will be identical due to the nature of wood. She obviously just wants a new table As she has mats for her coffee table!

is it Lydia that bought ridiculously expensive Dior coasters?
AGREE! Well I AM a professional interior designer... of luxury hotels... so her gripe about the finish not looking the same on the website as in person is BS! EVERYONE knows that you have to see the finishes in person to determine if you like it. Every single monitor and image is different and the colors can be way off. AND doesn't she live nearby so she could have driven there to make sure.

The whole Neptune shaming when she stated it was a PR gift in December makes me furious. Retail is dying and they are probably struggling and even came out to fix the finish for her after she abused it.... funny how it's only got issues where she and Ali are SAT all the time. Anyways, if she doesn't like how it looks now, she sure isn't going to like an antique that is really messed up. She's better off to say, I love this table that was so "kindly gifted" or in partnership with my favorite store Neptune. We would just like to have Kenny Ken or some faux finisher professional distress it for us so it has the right tones for this room and more of an antique look. Whatever... don't hold your breath for any integrity from these people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Julia123

VIP Member
GOOD EVENING EVERYONE.... (Morning in the UK) I thought it might be a fun game to count how many times she said Me/I/Mine/Myself during the vlog.... Let's just say I could only make it to 6:30 and she said those words at least ONE HUNDRED AND TEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not keep up... If this was a drinking game I would be DEAD!

The only time she said YOU was when she said "I had a word with myself and said 'you this and you that and you are going to do all of these things for yourself' so maybe I should have counted them as "I" since she really was talking about "I".This 110 times is only until she got to the treat myself Net a Porter SAGE dress and I just had to stop counting to save my sanity. Now this wasn't a long awaited health update of a friend with cancer who is reluctant to ever discuss their extreme treatments and pain as not to burden anyone with their illness. This was a headache... a month long manipulation to gain sympathy for Globy. And for someone with chronic headaches and migraines... she sure don't act like she has them. We know what this is... she suffers from flopitis and denial.

I'm going to continue watching and maybe stop with the "I" count because there is probably the same amount of them per minute throughout the rest of the vlog. Let's chalk it up to 700-1,000,000 times more and call it done.

Maybe I'll tally starting from 6:30 the words "sage", "essential", "treat myself"? Wish me luck and STAY TUNED!

1595898654848.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Miss Trunchbull

VIP Member
Now they’re begging for a composter. But as Lids says, they need 3. What with all that organic waste they have.

They eat so much fresh fruit and veg they are desperately needing to compost. Please give generously.

B45623FF-2386-4A83-8642-74B00E2C9C67.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Chick_pea

I think her laziness is losing her jobs and ending relationships with brands she should have worked hard on cultivating. In general her sense of entitlement and lack of gratitude shows through, because without these brands she has nothing.

In a recent video she showed a Bulgari gift, a box filled with flowers and bottles of hand sanitiser. Amelia got the same and showed it on her stories, as she's one of their ambassadors, Vic has the same and showed it with a load of information explaining how much Bulgari have done since the pandemic started, donating 160,000 sanitisers to hospitals, medical research etc etc, and how proud she is to work with them. That's such a little thing to do, probably took her all of two minutes, but it's Lydia's lack of thought and lack of gratitude where she would not think to do that, unless she was being paid for it.

She shows her true colours like this all the time, she's openly told us that she's getting the bar/cinema room done up with some interior designer, who clearly won't work for free, and Lydia is having to pay. So instead of using that situation to create content, before and after renovations, decorating etc etc, she's said she's not vlogging it! Shows how truly dumb and short sighted she is. Has she done any work with a brand recently? Apart from getting free stuff for her home/kitchen and plugging that company? She didn't get the Dior Bobbie bag, she's not done anything with H & M recently, or By Terry. Doesn't seem to work with L'oreal anymore, is there anything apart from St. Tropez?????
She has been clear in the past she won’t share things she’s not paid / sponsored to share. Essentially she won’t share something with her followers even if it’s amazing unless she’s been paid to do so. How can you trust someone like that?

Meanwhile she expects us to believe she is paying for everything she gets when it’s all labelled somewhere as PR. I believe it is a tactic of hers to push people to pay her or gift her items.

I’m surprised her followers don’t see through this as it’s about as selfish as you can get. As you mentioned she will deny her followers actual content because of her greed. We shouldn’t be surprised though. The content she puts out is utter garbage at best.

It really bothers me. During this time when businesses are struggling that small gesture of sharing someone’s work is a charitable thing to do. But this cretin doesn’t have a charitable bone in her body.

I feel like she is a good match for the farmers basket people. They strike me as the kind of business who want to be associated with faux celebrity and don’t care who they work with. Ethics be damned as long as your product looks assthetic on some assholes feed.

Her greed and selfishness grates on me. Imagine being too selfish and greedy to even share content with your followers🤯

• Heart
  • Angry

Magee

VIP Member
Just a quick note to say how disappointed I am she has chosen to accept paid promotion from Boohoo! A company with awful ethics, clothes that end up in landfill, warehouses under investigation for slave labour. It’s no wonder luxury brands are avoiding her with a barge pole. She must be desperate for 💰

• Angry
I am a beekeeper. There is always one bee that follows you back and wants to sting you, they always go for the face, if not kept properly or issues e.g. disease, varroa mite, wasp attacks, humid day, lack of nectar flow, queenless or queen problems they get feisty. They also don't like perfume and lots of scents, and we know that will be an issue with the amount of Aerin perfume Lyds sprays around. There is always a swarm, this is a natural process and should be encouraged especially if they are living in the countryside. Honeybees are tricky and misunderstood creatures, highly complex. I know beekeepers who have been beekeeping for 25+ years and still get surprised by their bees. I think one will follow her, sting her and then that will be the end of the hive. I think the only reason they are getting one and Ali is interested is because over lockdown David Beckham got a Flow Hive set up in the Beckham's Cotswold palace and now it is trendy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45