Lydia Millen #28 My Globy sales & ethics are low, if you dont like just unfollow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is 1st grade(Maybe secondary school) PR txt
View attachment 174021
The independent tool kit (still don’t understand what she means with this) can be used (imagine that) INDEPENDENTLY!!!! Wooow
View attachment 174027
This is how a company lets people know their product is inclusive.......they show it.

Every promotion they've done so far for the 'tool kit' has been in relation to tanning. This includes the fact that it was originally called 'the Independent Tanner', so for the allegedly 'two years'' of 'development' spent on 'producing' this 'product', if the name chosen was tanner...then that's what it's for. Other evidence that it's just for tanning include free St Tropez product for the first 500, the full St Tropez freebies included in the PR for other influences (could have sent out moisturising products as well ya know), the owner making an awkward video showing herself using it to apply....tanning. In fact I'm inclined to think this is just a drawn out St Tropez ad that didn't quite work out.

It's YOUR job to SHOW me, not tell me, that it's inclusive. It's not my job to find out how.
If it has can be used for moisturising (something people do regardless of what race they are), then show me, don't tell me. You could just as easily state that it can also mow my lawn, but if it seems improbable and you can't show me, I'll stick to my lawn mower for now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Would you mind sharing your/his message? I'm so intrigued...
(Obviously no worries if you don't want to for privacy)

In some ways he bothers me more than her, I know it sounds awful but I find him being a freeloading, lazy, self obsessed 'influencer' worse as a male...especially one who had trained for a career as an electrician and then gave it up to stare gormlessley at the camera and pretend he's a 'business' man walking around MK in the middle of the afternoon in a gifted suit!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
All this baiting companies by tagging them in your clear freebie-baiting needs to stop. I'm sorry but there needs to be a limit on how much you can exploit a company. Increasing a company's 'exposure' does not necessarily mean increasing their income. I would respect the exposure you provide more, if you'd also paid them for their service.
She gets everything for free and she knows she can which is why she constantly tags companies and then states they 'kindly gifted'. bleeping pay for something. Just because these companies are willing to do/give something for free doesn't mean you should accept it for free, if you DEFINITELY CAN pay for it. People can't feed their kids with exposure. Last time I checked my bank doesn't expect exposure in lieu of my mortgage payment.

If a company reaches out to you, fair enough. But don't blatantly tag companies enticing them with 'promotion' because you feel your platform means you're entitled to get it for free. You're richer than most of us, and for most of us, if we like something we can afford, we bloody pay for it :mad:
It's crazy how she used to be one of my favourite youtubers. I watched one of her videos from 4 years ago today and she used to be genuinely humbled to be receiving gifts from companies, now she flaunts maintaining her wealth through the frivolous accumulation of free products/services.

Side note: In a video last week she said that she doesn't know how to roast a potato, now she's out here apparently roasting a whole field of freebie potatoes.
It should be made against the rules for her and her ilk to beg for products 😡

Reactions: 14
It should be made against the rules for her and her ilk to beg for products 😡
We should just contact every company who gifts her and let them know about the Glóby scandal, turning off comments, silencing WOC, sending nasty messages to her followers. I’m sure they won’t want their brand tarnished by that

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve never seen Fleur De Force, who is genuinely wealthy in her own right, is a higher class than Lydia, has a lovely marriage, ever beg for items. Lydia is pure trash and all this begging shows zero decorum. She is so, so far from the posh English country girl that she’s pretending to be. If she wanted to try and elevate her station she should really stop begging, it’s seriously unbecoming

• Heart
Reactions: 49
We should just contact every company who gifts her and let them know about the Glóby scandal, turning off comments, silencing WOC, sending nasty messages to her followers. I’m sure they won’t want their brand tarnished by that
Tell them about the charlatan roast potatoes too! 😞

......so is Chlamydia....
Chlamydia by Lydia is her next independent perfume, (sorry; fragrance) coming out soon at an Aldi near you...🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Especially for Chattycol in response to the response from Mr Grammatically-Correct (another double-barrel)...

Erm...yes...factually it’s THEIR not THERE
Factually, short sentences give a clearer indication of what you are trying to say.
Factually, grammar isn’t your strong point.
Defensiveness (despite the analytics you failed to publish to illustrate your good point) seldom gets the other person to understand your point.
Factually these are facts.

Now, about your new greenhouse...horsebox, my little pony, small private jet, larger private jet, Chatsworth House, your joint elevation to the Peerage....oh...and the raw potato 🥔...

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Definition of a microagression: A statement, action, or incident regarded as an instance of indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group such as a racial or ethnic minority -Oxford dictionary.

It's impossible for Ali, a white, cisgendered, heterosexual, able-bodied, wealthy man, to experience microagressions of any form as he don't belong to any marginalised group. He has won the jackpot in terms of being able to experience all the types of societal privileges.
He needs to stop using a word he only learnt last month, when he graciously discovered the existence of racism, in an incorrect context. It invalidates any point he thinks he may have and only serves to highlight his blatant and continued ignorance in regards to true microagressions.
The absolute audacity of him to be saying that, it would almost be comedic if it wasn't so offensive.
-Sincerly, a black woman who has experienced actual microagressions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
O dear god. Give the boy some lessons in sentence construction. He hasn’t a clue
Bad grammar always loses the argument, no matter what you’re saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Definition of a microagression: A statement, action, or incident regarded as an instance of indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group such as a racial or ethnic minority -Oxford dictionary.

It's impossible for Ali, a white, cisgendered, heterosexual, able-bodied, wealthy man to experience microagressions of any form as he don't belong to any marginalised group. He has won the jackpot in terms of being able to experience all the types of societal privileges.
He needs to stop using a word he only learnt last month, when he graciously discovered the existence of racism, in an incorrect context. It invalidates any point he thinks he may have and only serves to highlight his blatant and continued ignorance in regards to true microagressions.
The absolute audacity for him to say that, it would almost be comedic if it wasn't so offensive.
-Sincerly, a black, woman who has experienced actual microagressions.
I believe he should beg for a mega dictionary, considering his use of the language. It is funny that he thinks that big words and long sentences make him sound intelligent !!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Someone asked why she’s sharing so much about the greenhouse and gardening because presumably many of her followers aren’t into gardening.

My theory: as well as sharing so she can try and get it for free,The greenhouse fits in to Lydia’s ‘aesthetic’ that she’s selling. Makes her seem more aspirational to her fans. She wants her fans to envy her so they buy stuff she links in the hopes of recreating her ‘lifestyle’. The fact that they dont all see her blatant begging for free stuff to create this falsified life she leads is a little baffling. But many obviously do buy into it.

Also, if nothing else, Lydia’s beige food always reminds me to eat even more green vegetables.
I’m thinking that by Lydia watching Josie expand her repertoire she has caught on to thinking about the future of her channel. She has a lot of young folks watching her but as she gets older those young folks won’t seem so interested in linen dresses etc especially as the young folks move on get married start a family etc. You need to hold on to your subs to be successful. The problem is lydia’s only talent is shopping. She is getting desperate. The woman who never wanted children has now said she may have ONE. Yes I smell desperation. Nothing ever lasts for ever as the song goes.

Reactions: 22

It's impossible for Ali, a white, cisgendered, heterosexual, able-bodied, wealthy man to experience microagressions of any form as he don't belong to any marginalised group. He has won the jackpot in terms of being able to experience all the types of societal privileges.
The absolute audacity for him to say that, it would almost be comedic if it wasn't so offensive.
-Sincerly, a black, woman who has experienced actual microagressions.
He’s SUCH a raw 🥔 roast potato. Hasn’t got a clue...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My thought on Globy today.
After finding Globy with a bit of a revamped insta and news they will be restocking I believe there is a new team member. Possibly someone on the Globy team has been "let go" and replaced. This would cover a couple of things.
She was sooo upset because she had to let someone go.
The launch was soo bad because of this person - not her fault.
They had to say "sold out" even though they weren't sold out and they know that all their clever followers would know this but they had to do this for legal reasons and again this is why she has been soo upset because she had to lie to her followers.
Lets see. :unsure:
Looking briefly at Globy insta I think it looks better put together.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.