Lydia Millen #28 My Globy sales & ethics are low, if you dont like just unfollow!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Newbie here 👋👋

I literally cannot keep up with the threads. Soo addictive and insightful. Ive not really been watching last several months but globy was the straw for me.

Not that the product was cheap tat but the disabling comments on her brand account, deleting and blocking comments and followers (inc me) on instagram and her passive aggressiveness on youtube and THEN gaslighting her followers AND THEN telling people to unfollow. The audacity! Without her followers she wouldn't have anything!!!

Lydia (its obvious you read this), your product didn't flop but YOU are the reason it wasn't successful - your behaviour, attitude and manipulation is your downfall.

One of the most grating things for me is that she refers to her tat as being 'AD My Own Brand'. Is she five?? This is MY DOLL, MY TOY, MY BRAND. I could write my name on a peice of paper and go round telling people its my brand (because it is). It doesn't mean anything at all its all about the product and reputation. Nobody goes round talking about the nike ' brand' they say the product e.g. nike trainers and immediately the nike rep comes to mind. Her brand is tarnished, her product is crap and I really hope her reputation is dead.

Silver lining, brought me here and these threads are more entertaining than anything shes uploaded ( copied and pasted) in the past year.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Newbie here 👋👋

I literally cannot keep up with the threads. Soo addictive and insightful. Ive not really been watching last several months but globy was the straw for me.

Not that the product was cheap tat but the disabling comments on her brand account, deleting and blocking comments and followers (inc me) on instagram and her passive aggressiveness on youtube and THEN gaslighting her followers AND THEN telling people to unfollow. The audacity! Without her followers she wouldn't have anything!!!

Lydia (its obvious you read this), your product didn't flop but YOU are the reason it wasn't successful - your behaviour, attitude and manipulation is your downfall.

One of the most grating things for me is that she refers to her tat as being 'AD My Own Brand'. Is she five?? This is MY DOLL, MY TOY, MY BRAND. I could write my name on a peice of paper and go round telling people its my brand (because it is). It doesn't mean anything at all its all about the product and reputation. Nobody goes round talking about the nike ' brand' they say the product e.g. nike trainers and immediately the nike rep comes to mind. Her brand is tarnished, her product is crap and I really hope her reputation is dead.

Silver lining, brought me here and these threads are more entertaining than anything shes uploaded ( copied and pasted) in the past year.
Welcome here! I’m ever grateful for these threads and the considered criticism and witty banter that goes on here.

I absolutely agree with the ‘AD MY OWN BRAND’ crap. So childish. Except that as a kid, if I wrote my name all over a book and then left that book next to the bath, my parents would take it away until I learned how to look after my things properly. Someone needs to take Lydia’s brand away from her because she clearly doesn’t know how to take responsibility for her belongings — whether it be a Marni bag (kindly gifted, never used) or a white dress (great for mopping up paint AND reminding InTheFrow that she got married first).

Reactions: 18
This is a real disappointment. It’s the second (that’s been out on the internet anyway) hamper they have received from this company.
I wish small business‘ wouldn’t give free food in return for exposure like this.
Someone with a heart would surely be willing to promote but for the food to be gifted to someone in with far greater needs.

Lidya appears to have to shame. She doesn’t eat veg.
What is the name of the company? I’m seriously minded to write to them! I’d never use them after this! It’s outrageous and really will any of her followers order that? Most of use ex followers are more likely to go to the supermarket or farmers market and can cook!

I actually do think she’s having a really tough time. I’m convinced she has narcissistic personality disorder and the launch flop will be causing her serious mental anguish. She meets all the criteria for NPD. She needs proper medical support.
I’m sure she is having a tough time ....we all do when we mess up at work I.e. don’t do something quite right it could’ve done something better. The mental anguish I’ve felt when I’ve been under stress has been immense and often wonder how I’m still carrying on. I’ve just had to deal with it and carry in. I have one time just ended up changing a job because I was working 70-80 hours weeks it was making me ill. There is being extremely stressed and there is serious mental illness. I think she is very stressed because of the sham of a

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Things that have irked me today.
Firstly- The store giving her free food, this pissed me off big time, boxes full of veg that she will probably end up throwing away as they couldn't possibly eat that much veg just between the two of them even if they did eat veg regularly. I looked for that post just now and it seems to be gone, maybe she realised posting this was just insensitive. I dont understand surely the brand/store would gain more followers by giving away the food to a charity/shelter someone who needs food and would actually eat it, they could then do their own promotion. They get no credit/kudos for giving food away to her.
Secondly - What's with the pathetic attempt to gain sympathy from her followers. I actually don't even know why she would say this. Why does she want sympathy??? We have seen no sign of her being upset or unhappy the last couple of weeks in fact she has seemed very happy and continually saying she is contented and happy in herself and living her best fecking life etc etc. Getting sympathy from followers isn't going to explain away the crappy product she tried to launch and why it hasn't been mentioned. I would have thought the selling out would be reason enough to be celebrating, unless maybe they didn't sell out :unsure:
Thirdly - On the off chance that there is something wrong, then for pity's sake tell her followers what it is. This cryptic bullshit annoys me, if your going to mention that something is wrong then say what it actually is, so that people don't go thinking the worst, OR SAY NOTHING. Has there been a death in the family? Are her and Ali having marital problems? Is someone seriously ill in the family? Her legit followers really could be concerned.

On a lighter note at least we weren't inflicted with her having sex with Lumi, my eyes nearly fell out of my head this morning, had to zoom through video of Josie doing unnatural things with one of her dogs, very naaaasty.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
By law there's lots of things they should do, but don't because they think they're above it all.

They all operate as limited companies right? And expenses are a bit different compared to self employed? My accountant wouldn't even let me expense the rent of a second bedroom as an office (she said it would be classified as income🤷‍♀️). Maybe they have accounts that are pretty lapse and they don't bother declaring all the gifted things instead of payment. Lydia similarly said she gets gifted so much she can't remember and said it didn't matter as "normal" people don't care about things like that IIRC.
Oh yes, remember now....and I said Lydia's staff can list things as they arrive...not difficult!

Reactions: 5
Firstly- The store giving her free food, this pissed me off big time, boxes full of veg that she will probably end up throwing away as they couldn't possibly eat that much veg just between the two of them even if they did eat veg regularly. I looked for that post just now and it seems to be gone, maybe she realised posting this was just insensitive. I dont understand surely the brand/store would gain more followers by giving away the food to a charity/shelter someone who needs food and would actually eat it, they could then do their own promotion. They get no credit/kudos for giving food away to her.
Secondly - What's with the pathetic attempt to gain sympathy from her followers. I actually don't even know why she would say this. Why does she want sympathy??? We have seen no sign of her being upset or unhappy the last couple of weeks in fact she has seemed very happy and continually saying she is contented and happy in herself and living her best fecking life etc etc. Getting sympathy from followers isn't going to explain away the crappy product she tried to launch and why it hasn't been mentioned. I would have thought the selling out would be reason enough to be celebrating, unless maybe they didn't sell out :unsure:
Thirdly - On the off chance that there is something wrong, then for pity's sake tell her followers what it is. This cryptic bullshit annoys me, if your going to mention that something is wrong then say what it actually is, so that people don't go thinking the worst, OR SAY NOTHING. Has there been a death in the family? Are her and Ali having marital problems? Is someone seriously ill in the family? Her legit followers really could be concerned.

On a lighter note at least we weren't inflicted with her having sex with Lumi, my eyes nearly fell out of my head this morning, had to zoom through video of Josie doing unnatural things with one of her dogs, very naaaasty.
Truth is she doesn’t want to reveal what’s going wrong because... everything is fine! She’s just trying to use excuses/make up her extremely failed launch

Reactions: 19
Truth is she doesn’t want to reveal what’s going wrong because... everything is fine! She’s just trying to use excuses/make up her extremely failed launch
I can only think she is using her "problem that is keeping her away from the Internet" as the reason she hasn't been responding to the failure of Globy, maybe her fingers fell off.

Something that puzzles me.
We have heard her childhood wasn't idyllic.
We have seen pictures of her working in Ibiza, whatever she was doing I have no issue but it looks like it was pretty rough on her, she looks like it wasn't easy and in some of the pix she looks downright miserable/uncomfortable, embarrassed. If this is the case then well done her for getting away from this life (if she didn't like it) and making this whole new life.
BUT why is she now so damm precious and easily hurt/offended whatever it is, that is stopping her addressing Globygate?? I would have thought if she had a rough younger life she would have a bit more backbone and been able to stick up for herself and Globy. Is Ali her knight in shining armour that came and saved her?? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
All Lydia wanted was to be able to say she had her own brand. She didn’t care about the product, she just likes the word brand because she thinks it sounds important. Like the way she bangs on about her ‘aesthetic’ - which is merely just other people’s style she’s ripped off. She has zero originality and maybe if she’d cared more about the product she’d put out then she’d have been able to build a successful brand. You don’t just get a ‘brand’ overnight. Watch her try and play the victim over the next few weeks - she’s sitting at home right he now wondering what lie she can spin to cover this mess up and gain sympathy from followers (well, those who she hasn’t blocked).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Digging and digging and digging. One other comment was I wouldnt use your kit cos I don’t self tan and her response was it is just there for those that do. How though? We were told it was sold out. Another comment - since deleted - had three replies all the exact same but written by three different people. This is beyond shady.
You mean this?

Attachments

Reactions: 9
It annoys me that they spout off about us being mean, I don’t come on here to be a witch, not at all. I try and steer away from making hurtful remarks about her appearance because I’m not oil painting! And I try not to talk about her from a personal perspective because at the end of the day I don’t actually know her. I try and comment on what she presents to us. I really enjoyed Lydia at the start, I thought she was real and enthusiastic about life and her relationship. These are things I could relate to, she couldn’t always afford expensive purchases and I liked her recommendations of worthwhile items. Upon watching her I was cheering her on, wanting her to do well and to achieve her dreams! I was so happy for her when she married Ali and bought her house. I enjoyed watching her excitement and disbelief that she had finally got her her dream home and I was genuinely happy for both of them. However, this is when she changed. It was all about what she could get done for free and how quickly she could have it done. There was nothing I could relate to at all, now she might say I should have made a decision to not watch her then, maybe she’s right? But I was intrigued to see more. And the more I watched the more I saw her be mean to her followers- she was passive aggressive and always made snidey comments when anyone dared challenge her. The more feedback she got, the more defensive she got. Her relationship with Ali seemed strange too, he seemed to be more of her odd job man than her husband. She never talks about people’s real life struggles and just glosses over hard times in life. To Lydia, going out of the house is stress! How is that relatable? I once showed my mum one of her vlogs and she said ‘why should I be bothered about her having stuff done to her house for free and unboxing luxury stuff that I would only ever dream of buying myself?!’ And I thought, yeh you are right! Why does she think we want to hear her brag about what she’s having done next? It’s all about immediate gratification with her. When she opens her packages she’s all over it, then she’s on to the next! It comes across as greedy and averous. The thing that irks me the most is how lazy she is, she doesn’t seem to put any effort into anything except her sproutlings! Why do people who work long days then want to sit an watch her receive all her goodies, moan about her busy day (when all she’s done is faff) and boss her husband around, including her house elf Carrie? So, no Lydia , I’m not being mean because I’m jealous of your looks or your life, but because I just find you totally unrelatable and just ignorant to other people!
You chose to put your work out there for people to see, just like an actor does. Does leornardo di caprio go and delete reviews about his performance? No of course he doesn’t! He has to learn to take criticism as a part of his job. I really think you need to work harder Lydia.
Very well put. The problem with ALL of these YouTubers is that they became successful BECAUSE they were an average Joe, like you and me, however much wealth they had from their family, they were still relatable. They told or showed us things they’d bought and we might buy it too because they were no different to us and if it was something they felt deserved their payment, we’d feel it was an honest review; is it worth me spending my money on this? But now we’re all (some slower than others, still ask how is Lidl so wealthy to afford all this - duh! It’s ALL FREE!!) catching on that everything is free for them and the odd time Lidl is desperate that we know she’s a paying customer, I’m pretty certain she’s getting a whacking great discount. None of them are relatable anymore. Their whole raison d’etre has gone. The very quality that made us trust them and relate to them has gone like a puff of smoke through brands’ greed - it costs next to nothing to give away free product and these ’ordinary people bloggers or vloggers’ probably didn’t used to charge anything like what they do now, yet had all this influence over the spending habits of their subs. It must have felt like striking gold for the brands and then for the vloggers themselves!! They all hit the jackpot and we’re all coming to realise it was all at our expense. We’re the idiots in this, though hopefully most of us who read here are less idiotic than those who will STILL blindly throw money at vloggers, as a few people have even bravely told us they did, when they didn’t even know wtf they were buying. All these influenzas crying into their hundreds of thousands of money about the vicious bullies on Tattle want to gaslight people from realising the truth: They’re now being conned. Maybe that wasn’t the case a few years ago but it certainly is now. I’d hoped COVID might open a few more eyes but I’m not sure it has. 🤷🏻

So she is a brand ambassador or whatever for saint crap and actually bites the hand that is feeding her by saying her product is better! Also what has a bottle that can be recycled have to do with a plastic tanning mitt ?!! Sometimes a wonder if I am stupid or is she really dumb, but thicko dumb?!
I’ve ‘known’ you through your comments for years. Way back in the good ‘ole days of GG and I can vouch, there is NOTHING stupid about our Kinky Boots Hunevoque!! 😉😘🙊

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Very well put. The problem with ALL of these YouTubers is that they became successful BECAUSE they were an average Joe, like you and me, however much wealth they had from their family, they were still relatable. They told or showed us things they’d bought and we might buy it too because they were no different to us and if it was something they felt deserved their payment, we’d feel it was an honest review; is it worth me spending my money on this? But now we’re all (some slower than others, still ask how is Lidl so wealthy to afford all this - duh! It’s ALL FREE!!) catching on that everything is free for them and the odd time Lidl is desperate that we know she’s a paying customer, I’m pretty certain she’s getting a whacking great discount. None of them are relatable anymore. Their whole raison d’etre has gone. The very quality that made us trust them and relate to them has gone like a puff of smoke through brands’ greed - it costs next to nothing to give away free product and these ’ordinary people bloggers or vloggers’ probably didn’t used to charge anything like what they do now, yet had all this influence over the spending habits of their subs. It must have felt like striking gold for the brands and then for the vloggers themselves!! They all hit the jackpot and we’re all coming to realise it was all at our expense. We’re the idiots in this, though hopefully most of us who read here are less idiotic than those who will STILL blindly throw money at vloggers, as a few people have even bravely told us they did, when they didn’t even know wtf they were buying. All these influenzas crying into their hundreds of thousands of money about the vicious bullies on Tattle want to gaslight people from realising the truth: They’re now being conned. Maybe that wasn’t the case a few years ago but it certainly is now. I’d hoped COVID might open a few more eyes but I’m not sure it has. 🤷🏻

I’ve ‘known’ you through your comments for years. Way back in the good ‘ole days of GG and I can vouch, there is NOTHING stupid about our Kinky Boots Hunevoque!! 😉😘🙊
So well put

Reactions: 7

I know.......I thought that was Josie growling and that was her sex noise......very disturbing

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I can only think she is using her "problem that is keeping her away from the Internet" as the reason she hasn't been responding to the failure of Globy, maybe her fingers fell off.

Something that puzzles me.
We have heard her childhood wasn't idyllic.
We have seen pictures of her working in Ibiza, whatever she was doing I have no issue but it looks like it was pretty rough on her, she looks like it wasn't easy and in some of the pix she looks downright miserable/uncomfortable, embarrassed. If this is the case then well done her for getting away from this life (if she didn't like it) and making this whole new life.
BUT why is she now so damm precious and easily hurt/offended whatever it is, that is stopping her addressing Globygate?? I would have thought if she had a rough younger life she would have a bit more backbone and been able to stick up for herself and Globy. Is Ali her knight in shining armour that came and saved her?? Just wondering.
We've also heard about a childhood with luxury cars and Cartier watches, and she herself has blogged about how her time working in Ibiza was absolutely amazing, how she got paid extremely well to dress up and party with her friends, so no - Ali was never a knight in shining armour. Her whole spiel about having such an awful childhood is basically bollocks. She claims she was "homeless" before Uni, when she actually lived with her grandmother. You know, the fabulous, cultured one who makes quilts from Liberty fabrics and supposedly introduced Lydia to Clinique's 3-step cleansing program at 13, waaaay after all the other girls with their "doting mothers" had their 3-step-cleanse down pat. :rolleyes: She tends to make out that she was this poor Harry Potter-esque orphan (for instance talking about how her bedroom with mum was so small she could touch both walls at once), but she still managed to buy loads of luxury handbags while at Uni.

If you ask me, her childhood was anything but rough. Sure, she wasn't raised in the lap of luxury and perfection, but who the eff was?? She changes her story whenever it's convenient to the image she's attempting to portray, and if it wasn't already obvious, it seriously grinds my gears. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 46
By no means, am I labelling or intend to label Lydia, as mental ill health is a serious matter and I am not an expert, but I believe the matter should be spoken about openly, as perceived 'stigma' hinders recognition, and in turn, accessing support. Lydia does possess many of the characteristic traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. We all of course can at times possess these traits, but Lydia does appear to continuously hold these.

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance. Lydia constantly exaggerates her achievements and talents. She considers herself to be one of the UK's top influencers so, in turn, no longer feels she needs to progress as she's already 'made it'. As such, she expects to be recognised as superior without comparable achievements. She expects brands to want to work with her and gift her their services/products, no questions asked. Most evidently we've seen this with the Glóby launch and how 'companies will no longer be able to ignore her'. But also with her constant delusions of grandeur in referencing of 'working hard', being an 'interior designer', the fire exit being a 'courtyard', living in Buckinghamshire not Northamptonshire, and so on.
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. This is Lydia's constant existence. This is why we see each week, her redecorating or restyling, or a new product that is a 'game-changer' or the 'dream'. We rarely see her lifestyle deviate to family, experiences, gigs, festivals, travel, and so on; it's all about material things. She equates these with success and affluence.
Believes that she is 'special' and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions). We've seen this most evidently in her transformation from Ibiza dancer to Lady of the Manor. But also in her earlier comments that her 'channel is only about luxury so there will be no high street hauls'. Of course until her partnerships lessened, and she needed to put her hand in her own pocket. More recently in her self-acknowledgment that she thought her audience were only white and skinny like her, as well as liking a follower's comment that 'just because people can't afford it doesn't mean it's a bad product'. She constantly alienates those she feels are inferior to her, including her own mother.
Requires excessive admiration. This is an obvious one. We only have to look at how both Ali and Cawwie fawn over Lydia. Ali with Glóby being 'genius' to reassure her doubts about its launch, and Cawwie making trophies and sending 'you've got this' cards, for example. This is a socially learnt coping mechanism to escape her wrath, but also to validate themselves in 'her eyes'. Lydia has again done this most recently, by alluding to her having difficulties in her personal life. Of course this is to deflect negative attention away from Glóby, but it is also to bolster her ego with the 'you're so amazing and strong' comments, she anticipates this will generate.
Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with her expectations). Lydia, as a well-known influencer is expected to receive endless products, I have no qualms with this, but we see her sense of entitlement when she opens packages just to immediately discard them, and in her reactions to packages from brands when they're not what she expected; for example, when she received a cake-pop instead of tweezers from Tweezerman, and a necklace instead of a ring from the jewellers where she got her eternity ring from. More prominently, we've seen this entitlement with Glóby, she expected it to be a success because of her name, despite her doing little to no market research. This is then exacerbated by her deleting comments and blocking followers, and when this became unmanageable, muting her actual brand's insta. Above this, is her audacity to order her followers to simply unfollow, if they don't like it. She's too entitled to offer reasoning or justification, or to simply answer her followers' questions.
Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve her own ends). This is the one that always hits me hardest. We often see her belittling Ali, Cawwie and her mother. She did this to Ali in her recent vlog, rather than praising his effort for the flowerbeds, ordering him to water them, and responding 'yeah, something like that' when he said he's cool. This is also why Lydia does not appear to maintain close family and friend relationships, the few there are simply appear to tolerate her (I find it bizarre that she incessantly talks about personal things such as her periods and 'gluten tummy', but there's never no mention of her younger sister or nephew/niece, which one would think would be pivotal in her life).
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognise or identify with the feelings and needs of others. We see this continuously, but of course it's been heightened with the ongoing health pandemic and anti-racism movement. Up until now, when the aftermath of her failed launch has personally affected her, she was happy living in her little 'bubble' having packages and groceries delivered to the house. When she got called out on buying a 5K Dior bag or taking delivery slots from the elderly or vulnerable, she'd simply reply 'we'll look into it' to no avail. Again, her promised clothing donations for the Aussie bushfires or care packages for the NHS workers, never transpired.
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of her. Again this accounts for Lydia's lack of friendships, as she self-sabotages these. She's not only jealous of, but also fixated on Claire, Josie and Victoria, for example. Hence, why we see constantly copying of others, and a lack of true originality. She believes this is also reciprocal, hence her allegedly calling out Claire for copying her panelling. She labels followers who simply question or offer constructive criticism as 'trolls' because they're envious of her, they must want to be her.
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes. Where do you start with this one? She's the epitome of passive aggressiveness. Towards her husband, family, staff, followers and even brands. She's highlighted more than once now that she's no longer willing to travel to go to meetings. Even a recent mid-day meeting was distressing to her, because it interrupted her flow of opening packages, labelling the pantry and tendering to her sprootlings.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
All Lydia wanted was to be able to say she had her own brand. She didn’t care about the product, she just likes the word brand because she thinks it sounds important. Like the way she bangs on about her ‘aesthetic’ - which is merely just other people’s style she’s ripped off. She has zero originality and maybe if she’d cared more about the product she’d put out then she’d have been able to build a successful brand. You don’t just get a ‘brand’ overnight. Watch her try and play the victim over the next few weeks - she’s sitting at home right he now wondering what lie she can spin to cover this mess up and gain sympathy from followers (well, those who she hasn’t blocked).
Errrrm, excuse me, it’s not ‘aesthetic’, it’s ‘assthetic’. That’s how Lidl says it and she’s passed that down to Aldi, who also uses the word now. I’m so sorry that you so stoopid you think it’s ‘aesthetic’!! Silly moo moo pippiehead!! 🙊

I know.......I thought that was Josie growling and that was her sex noise......very disturbing
I need to find this!! Was it on a vlog or instastory? I don’t think Josie’s blocked me yet... 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.