Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LIVINGMYBESTLIFE1

Chatty Member
I have a very important conference call at 5 (jokes its just a conference call), I will have that on one screen and this on the other. I don't give a shit about her launch, but I do care about what will be going down here.

1593084947040.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Lola Faith

VIP Member
She is so vile - she barely sent out any press kits, so she didn't even send one to her mate Vic, Vic has just posted that she's buying the kit.

In hysterics watching this vlog - i've spent so long testing each individual component! brilliant, it's like a beauty bloggers parody sketch!

Store your products safely and upright in the home - yes on a fucking shelf, or in a drawer or a cupboard!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

C88ra

I can’t believe how awful this is . It’s like those people who go on xfactor but can’t sing a note and all their family and friends have told them they are amazing so they don’t understand why everyone is laughing and saying it’s awful when they sing

• Haha
  • Heart

Lola Faith

VIP Member
Well darlings this has been absolutely fabulously epic! Globy launch day has been the shitstorm we hoped it would be.

Classic Lydia, she's probably crying into her wine right now, and Carrie is furiously replying to all the negative comments.

Had so many thoughts on this - she really is an absolute gift isn't she?

Where are the influencers who got 'pr' gifts. Don't you give a pr gift to get someone to mention/demonstrate the item?

Did she get Vic and Josie to 'order' them when they are in fact free pr gifts?

Because they did no market research, and the people she's used to 'work' on this launch are totally shit, she's had to change the name of the kit. So this product she has so much faith in, she's had to change the name straight away.

She used her connection with St. Tropez to beg some freebies in exchange for her mentioning them, and for them promoting her, a cross partnership kind of thing. St Tropez must be laughing as they know from their sales and research that people buy their tanning mitt when they buy their products.

If she or Elementary Brands had thought about what they were selling for a minute, she might have considered an eco friendly, ethical tanning mitt like the one i found below.

It's only £12 and looks really good quality, and there's a tan remover exfoliator one as well. So for all her sustainable bullshit, she cares not a bit what she's selling.

Anyhow must dash, have 2050 Glo kit's in my basket...

• Haha
  • Heart
She's massively messed up and is a fake vile con artist that's for sure.

However I really disagree with all the comments calling her about about not catering to POC. I'm a POC myself and don't feel excluded or marginalised with this otherwise I'd have to go on a crusade against every tanning company. It's silly that she's tried to cover it up by saying it can be used to apply moisturiser though lol stfu and call it what it is which is a bunch of crap you get from pound land for a fiver all in.

She's a joke.
It's not about her excluding POC. It's that she's pretending to include us. I have no issues with tanning products, I already know the're not for me and that's as fine as knowing a hair relaxer isn't for white people. But this product was CLEARLY meant to be for applying tan. And if she just admitted that then I wouldn't really have an issue...it's the fake inclusion that infuriates me.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ankakaka

She lost me, i follow her since she had 10 videos, she influenced my style, i liked her. I know she is not person i want to be but i like her style. But when she didnt launch glo i started googling and i am here..... it is so sad because i really like to watch her vlog doing home stuff. I liked that she is homebody and not in another country everyday. I thought that it is making her more normal than other influencers. I feel naive :( i will never buy nothing from her brand and nothing What she shows because i dont trust her anymore. This brand born to make money not value.

• Heart
  • Sad

langwidere

This is so tragic! And honestly, karmic retribution. I’d feel sorry for her but she did everything to deserve this. My little brother had a side hustle drop shipping watches from Aliexpress when he was only 16, so the idea that this took her two bloody years is laughable! Two years to come up with some overpriced polyester crap with a generic logo slapped on.

As for the poor communications coming from her, I can hardly be surprised. It looks as if she decided hiring a proper copywriter would be too expensive, so she got Carrie to write some drivel instead. This is what you get for being so cheap...

The tide is turning on these influencer brands and product launches. What with the pandemic and the recession, people will be more cautious about what they’re buying. We’re also more concerned about the ethics and sustainability of production. I can understand charging a premium for a product made sustainably and ethically, and I would definitely pay more for a product with ‘genius’ materials that stood apart from its competitors. But she’s trying to charge the same price tag for something that everyone can see is bullshit. She really thinks her viewers are just actual fools, doesn’t she? I imagine the only sales she has are from people who bought into her brand without really seeing what it is, hence the number of people asking about refunds!

It’s a rare day in this blessed world that the comments on Tattle and her Instagram/Youtube are basically identical. She can delete them if she wants but she’s not going to have many left!

• Heart

DaisyMaze

Lydia's assertion that lockdown has made her calmer and less frantic... so funny!! She has never been so maniacal! Tearing open boxes with her wild eyed frenzy, declaring that everything is so exciting, so beautiful, the dream, game changing. We have never seen her more frantically possessed by her greed and panic that Josie's garden and house is a million times better than hers, so desperately searching for happiness in the pages of yet another coffee table book that she thumbs through mindlessly, that 'matches her aesthetic so perfectly,' before being cast aside never to be looked at again. We can almost feel the earache poor Ali must endure when she has the latest bee in her bonnet about what must be changed, right now, this minute. She has never seemed as crazed and possessed as she has done during lockdown.

• Heart

Greentrees

VIP Member
Sorry, Couldn’t help myself but the similarities are uncanny.. and I think Ali stretched his forehead in his photo too same as his leg being elongated as mentioned in this thread. He really needs to stop stretching things.
😱
99B2ABFF-2C45-465D-B136-B77604159B0A.jpeg

2221E0C4-742B-409E-B2CE-2E502490A411.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 39

fifig75

I'd fast forward through this vlog.... I did. It's like the same as all the others. Packages, needless spending and a complete bore fest. I just stopped when she was smuggly telling how everyone has it wrong about Glo with her smug little expression and muppet eyebrows. I couldn't give a fuck if you are selling cow shit for people to wipe all over themselves. As for your social distancing. Carrie is cooking in your house touching the food etc so if she did god forbid have covid you're going to get it no matter how much you stay 2m from each other. She is basically their maid. God she is getting worse

• Haha
  • Sick

K18

VIP Member
£50 and you only get 1 exfoliating glove! I thought they came in pairs because most people have 2 hands :unsure: 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Lottieinthesuburbs

Opens a gift from Oka, bangs on about having been a customer “for yeeeeaaars” (2 years max, let’s be honest), discovers they are small blue champagne flutes, says something insincere about them being cute, shoves them back in the box and pushes them away. Oka - do yourselves a favour and ditch the bitch!

• Haha
  • Sick

charlottepickles

I am SO tempted to (nicely) respond to her disclosure stories, but I don't have the energy to potentially have a back and forth with her. So I'll put this here because she checks our forum so often.

Disclosing if you received a product for free or at a discount is important because it impacts how much weight followers give to your review. Most people don't do this intentionally, but usually when a person receives something for free, they do not review it as critically as they would had they purchased it with their own money.

I've received gift bags at parties and have been given products to try for free (not an influencer, just someone who shops a lot!), and I always think "oh this is nice, people would like this." But I don't always repurchase that product with my own money because maybe I don't actually like it THAT much.

I'm not against influencers getting free things, but I do want to know if they did. If I see someone has spent their own money on something and recommends it highly, I'm much more likely to trust that person's recommendation and also buy the product. I don't completely discount reviews on free/discounted products, but I don't trust them quite as much.

Lydia, however, is so far gone into the world of receiving free shit and raving about every single thing she gets sent, that I don't trust anything she says. She's already dug her grave in that respect with me.

• Angry
Some constructive criticism from someone with zero e-commerce experience:
  • The website should stand on its own without having to watch her 'explanation' vlog. If the website isn't clear, you can't tell people 'watch my vlog where I explain it clearer'. That's poor business practice. If a video explains the products clearer than text can, embed the video on the product's page. Even better, create a demo video showing how to use the products.
  • The photos holding up what the kit contains shouldn't be right at the bottom of the page. They should be at the top, with clear description of what it is beside each one.
  • I'm black so not very knowledgable when it comes to tans, but in the images she's used of herself on the website, her tan looks patchy in some places (especially around the hands and inner arm), which is terrible promotion for this tool.
  • It's clearly a product made only for her audience therefore she's limiting her customer baseand excluding potential customers who aren't necessarily part of your audience. I know people who use the FARSALI skincare brand religiously, but have no idea who the founder is. Even Huda Beauty and Kylie Jenner understand that although a large portion of their customers will be die hard fans that were already following them, they still need to attract people outside of their audience. Yes, you are your brand, but your brand also needs to exist outside of you for it to be successful in the long term. Who know's what social media is going to look like in 5 years...remember MySpace? 👀

Lydia, if you decide to take what I say on board, I can DM you my consulting fee.
Also I'm pretty sure she's going to do something to get rid of Tattler being the third entry when Glo Lydia is typed in the Google search box.

EDIT: "Perfect to prepare your skin to Glo from within for applying your body lotions or sunless tanners of choice." Is it just me or does this makes no bloody sense. Shouldn't it be when?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

lemonadefizz12

She knows she failed ...
Why is she literally throwing every question back to everyone? Every reply is almost ‘sorry what do you want us to make?’ ‘Sorry let us know what you’d like to see’
‘sorry can’t think for myself but let The Glo Team know what you’d spend a chunk of cash on and I’ll see if I can order it from a factory somewhere far away for pennies to sell to you all 😎👍

• Haha
Reactions: 38