Lush Cosmetics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do remember a poster called twinmum! I also remember a ton about her backstory (how my brain retains so much useless tit I’ll never know). I don’t recall anything about money though. Do you mean she sued him or he gave her money for a legal battle she had with someone else?
I feel like she was wanting to divorce her husband and MC was going to help her pay for the lawyer -or something similar. God that was a long time ago. I can’t remember properly now

Reactions: 1
I can see them struggling a bit over the next few years - their prices were always at a point that made them a treat rather than everyday toiletries, but people just aren't going to pay £6 for a single bath now.
I wonder if the new management is getting too greedy- they jumped quite abruptly from ‘bit spendy but worth it’ to totally absurd. They also seem to use more (cheaper) artificial perfumes and ingredients than they used to.

Re: the shop harassment, someone told me they had to give a compliment to each customer and approach them at least twice. It’s all pretty uncomfortable 🤣 like being stalked by an overly-earnest social worker. 🤣

I think it would be cool to have symbol stickers or something for neurodiverse or just plain unsociable or shy types, to request them not to badger you. Lucy and Yak have started doing this and I think it’s a great idea!

Reactions: 2
You know what, though, I don't want to have to put on a "hey I'm medically weird" badge at the door just to be able to go in and smell something. But that might just be me, I didn't get my wedding dress from a proper boutique because I couldn't be arsed with the fussing and not being left alone.

Reactions: 3
You know what, though, I don't want to have to put on a "hey I'm medically weird" badge at the door just to be able to go in and smell something. But that might just be me, I didn't get my wedding dress from a proper boutique because I couldn't be arsed with the fussing and not being left alone.
Usually they just phrase it as ‘prefer not to be approached’, which works as well for all the different groups of people who’d rather be left alone (without labelling them as anything). I’d definitely rather have a sticker than not be able to go in at all, which is my current default 🤣 I have ADHD and don’t really see it as ‘medically weird…’ tbh…

I feel like she was wanting to divorce her husband and MC was going to help her pay for the lawyer -or something similar. God that was a long time ago. I can’t remember properly now
Ah OK. I vaguely recall break up but don’t remember Constantine offering to pay her bills. Not remotely surprised though. If he liked a poster, everyone knew about it.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who notices the thinning out of their shower gels and body scrubs. They used to be so thick and great value as a little went a long way and lasted forever. But it seems now that they’re all so liquidy if that makes any sense? Super runny and you need a fair bit of product to do the job. I feel as if Lush have got super greedy with all the price rises too…

Please tell me I’m not the only one who notices the thinning out of their shower gels and body scrubs. They used to be so thick and great value as a little went a long way and lasted forever. But it seems now that they’re all so liquidy if that makes any sense? Super runny and you need a fair bit of product to do the job. I feel as if Lush have got super greedy with all the price rises too…
Yes! Did you buy Yog Nog this year? It was basically glittery water! It’s so disappointing when they used to be so thick and long lasting.

I bought some things in the Boxing Day sale and I will always love their body sprays (which seem like the most cost-effective products out of everything) but I can’t justify buying anything else. The prices keep going up whilst the quality is going down 🙁

Ahh never seen a lush thread on here before! When I first moved to Poole many moons ago first thing I did was get a job at THE lush shop 😂. Too expensive for me now, but do buy my son some bath goodies at Christmas. Any old forumites on here?

Yes! Did you buy Yog Nog this year? It was basically glittery water! It’s so disappointing when they used to be so thick and long lasting.

I bought some things in the Boxing Day sale and I will always love their body sprays (which seem like the most cost-effective products out of everything) but I can’t justify buying anything else. The prices keep going up whilst the quality is going down 🙁
Yes! I bought a bottle and got a bottle as part of a gift and I was shocked! Same for sticky dates I feel like I’m being played 🙃 Higher price, lower quality product.

Yes! I bought a bottle and got a bottle as part of a gift and I was shocked! Same for sticky dates I feel like I’m being played 🙃 Higher price, lower quality product.
It’s really bad isn’t it! I don’t understand how they quality controlled and approved the consistency, it’s just so liquidy. I thought I must’ve gotten a dodgy batch, but I saw other people had left reviews saying the same thing. Lush has always been an expensive treat, but I could justify it because of the quality.

I hope Lush doesn’t go the way as The Body Shop, they still seem popular but people will stop buying if the quality gets worse 😥

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I absolutely still love Lush products - I was a big fan from years ago and then when my kids were small I worked in one of the stores for 4 years!
The Lush forum was crazy wasn't it? I had the same name on there back then.
For any of the old forumites do you remember Fragolina and "Daddy", The truck of love, The time we didn't meet expectations as customers etc?
Ah, the good old days!

Talking of Twinmum, I bought a flute off of her once!

• Heart
I absolutely still love Lush products - I was a big fan from years ago and then when my kids were small I worked in one of the stores for 4 years!
The Lush forum was crazy wasn't it? I had the same name on there back then.
For any of the old forumites do you remember Fragolina and "Daddy", The truck of love, The time we didn't meet expectations as customers etc?
Ah, the good old days!

Talking of Twinmum, I bought a flute off of her once!
Wasn't Mark Constantine on there as Daddy or was that big? The forum was wild 🤣 being a member got me a job 😅
A girl I worked with in the Poole shop went on to marry his son Simon 😅 Daddy disliked her passionately because she worked in the body shop for a while.
I remember when Anita Roddick died, he sang ding dong the witch is dead in a managerss meeting 😱😳

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
It’s really bad isn’t it! I don’t understand how they quality controlled and approved the consistency, it’s just so liquidy. I thought I must’ve gotten a dodgy batch, but I saw other people had left reviews saying the same thing. Lush has always been an expensive treat, but I could justify it because of the quality.

I hope Lush doesn’t go the way as The Body Shop, they still seem popular but people will stop buying if the quality gets worse 😥
Interestingly it seems they are not as popular as you’d have thought!

Interestingly it seems they are not as popular as you’d have thought!
Ah sorry I meant Lush still seems popular despite the dip in quality and price rises - The Body Shop has been a sinking ship for a while, sadly.

Saying that, I don’t know how well Lush is doing as a business so who knows!

Last edited:
Ah sorry I meant Lush still seems popular despite the dip in quality and price rises - The Body Shop has been a sinking ship for a while, sadly.

Saying that, I don’t know how well Lush is doing as a business so who knows!
Its ridiculously expensive I know that much!

I had YogNog a few years ago and loved it then they didn't have it the year before last so when it came back out last year I went to buy one and like you say it looked way too glittery and thin so I never bought it.