Lush Cosmetics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you work there? I worked there some time ago and can confirm what you said about the quotas. You are indeed expected to approach EVERY customer. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who give you the 'I'm just browsing' brush-off. The store I worked in was very weird, very cliquey. Almost like school!

I think it's Jack Constantine (Mark's son) running the show now, and he's doing a great job... of running Lush into the ground! I'm not convinced Lush will be around in 10 years' time, the way things are going. They're charging luxury prices for what are basically kids' products.
I didnt work there, but know a lot of people who did. And I have heard that too-they are very cliquey and definitely play favorites!
Yes, with all the bonuses they have paid and all the very expensive rents, it will be interesting to see where they end up. I cant believe the prices now. I remember forum days when they used to make things especially for those folks. THOSE were the golden days imo.

Reactions: 2
Saw on tik tok a £150 floating speaker for the bath with lights they are apparently selling. Just doesnt seem to fit the brand.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Fury as Lush displays 'boycott Israel' sign in shop window

**In Ireland.
it won’t let me link to the dm article

Reactions: 3
That was circulating yesterday, I assumed it was fake. Sounds like it was real from lushs response.

Mark Constantine has always been quite controversial, iirc some years ago he did some quite dodgy stuff in support of a protest by the gypsy community that he attended.

Anyway, I used to get Lush’s catalogue through the post and I was obsessed with all the products, sadly when I tried them I was horribly allergic to almost all of them. Especially Mask of Magnaminty, Aquamarina and Fresh Farmacy! I so wanted to be able to use them as it’s all so appealing.

Last edited:
Mark Constantine has always been quite controversial, iirc some years ago he did some quite dodgy stuff in support of a protest by the gypsy community that he attended.

Anyway, I used to get Lush’s catalogue through the post and I was obsessed with all the products, sadly when I tried them I was horribly allergic to almost all of them. Especially Mask of Magnaminty, Aquamarina and Fresh Farmacy! I so wanted to be able to use them as it’s all so appealing.
They’ve done a few odd things over the years- dumping manure in front of Downing Street or similar to make some sort of point about animal testing, and distributing chest binders explicitly to help kids access them without their parents knowing. They can be damaging to growing tissue so it’s pretty irresponsible.

I used to buy SO MUCH from Lush, I’d always be in there spending money. The prices are just a joke now though. I’m not willing to pay it anymore

Reactions: 5
I used to buy SO MUCH from Lush, I’d always be in there spending money. The prices are just a joke now though. I’m not willing to pay it anymore
Same here!! Just bought the treacle moon frosted candy shower gel from Boots, £1.99 for 500ml and smells exactly like snow fairy.

I can't bring myself pay £7 for a mini shower gel!!

I'll still buy the xmas gift sets as some of them aren't badly priced but the individual items are just ridiculous!!

Reactions: 7
I think it’s best to wait til the January sale and stock up- the prices now are completely ridiculous.

I can see them struggling a bit over the next few years - their prices were always at a point that made them a treat rather than everyday toiletries, but people just aren't going to pay £6 for a single bath now.

Reactions: 7
I tried to book a spa treatment both online and over the phone, but when I did it online, I got zero response, and when I tried over the phone, I was met with the rudest person ever.
With online zero response, no email or confirmation, luckily, no money was taken.
So I tried to phone, and I explained to the lady I tried online and got no response, and she huffed and puffed and said quite rudely that there is only one Lush spa in London, and everyone is trying to book. I asked when was the best time to book, and she sighed down the phone and said never a good time as everyone is trying to book. I was going to ask why Lush only got one spa in London and what happened to the ones in Kingston and on King Road, but the last had enough and said she's got to go or something.
So that was that, and I made a mental note not ever to book a Lush spa -which is a shame as they look so good. I didn't complain (or at least I don't think I did - I might have tweeted about it).

• Wow
I used to love snow fairy body spray and I’d buy it every Christmas. It would be really strong smelling and I would get so many compliments on it, people could smell it as soon as I walked in the room!

I recently bought a bottle and it’s extremely poor quality, I can barely smell it and it certainly doesn’t last anywhere near as long! Gutted as it was £25

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I used to be a member of the Lush Forum back in the 2000s. The things we saw/went through... They not only started to price us out but many of us refused to buy from such a company run by utter arseholes in the end. Many of them had been employees that gave their all but ended up shat on by Mark, Mo etc.

I can recommend searching for a blog called 'Mitherings from Morningside' and then going to the 'Smell of Bullshit' tag. Posts back for a decade or so detailing the shenanigans I'm talking about. Entertaining reading! 🧐

• Wow
I used to be a member of the Lush Forum back in the 2000s. The things we saw/went through... They not only started to price us out but many of us refused to buy from such a company run by utter arseholes in the end. Many of them had been employees that gave their all but ended up shat on by Mark, Mo etc.

I can recommend searching for a blog called 'Mitherings from Morningside' and then going to the 'Smell of Bullshit' tag. Posts back for a decade or so detailing the shenanigans I'm talking about. Entertaining reading! 🧐
I was on the Lush Forum too (I have always been the biggest message board nerd 😅). Wow, the controversies and fights that used to happen!

Mark always came across as a bit of a sleaze to me, swooping in and accepting all the arse licking and fawning by the women on there (there were virtually no male members, apart from some husbands/partners of female posters who also revelled in their status as blokes amongst hundreds of women). He had a little harem of favourites who would win competitions and get invited to the factory in Poole.

• Sick
I tried to book a spa treatment both online and over the phone, but when I did it online, I got zero response, and when I tried over the phone, I was met with the rudest person ever.
With online zero response, no email or confirmation, luckily, no money was taken.
So I tried to phone, and I explained to the lady I tried online and got no response, and she huffed and puffed and said quite rudely that there is only one Lush spa in London, and everyone is trying to book. I asked when was the best time to book, and she sighed down the phone and said never a good time as everyone is trying to book. I was going to ask why Lush only got one spa in London and what happened to the ones in Kingston and on King Road, but the last had enough and said she's got to go or something.
So that was that, and I made a mental note not ever to book a Lush spa -which is a shame as they look so good. I didn't complain (or at least I don't think I did - I might have tweeted about it).
Jesus-that’s AWFUL. I wouldn’t do it either after that mess.
---
I was on the Lush Forum too (I have always been the biggest message board nerd 😅). Wow, the controversies and fights that used to happen!

Mark always came across as a bit of a sleaze to me, swooping in and accepting all the arse licking and fawning by the women on there (there were virtually no male members, apart from some husbands/partners of female posters who also revelled in their status as blokes amongst hundreds of women). He had a little harem of favourites who would win competitions and get invited to the factory in Poole.
Grosssss
I was in there too-wasn’t there something about a mum of twins and legal money she got from him?

Reactions: 1
I was in there too-wasn’t there something about a mum of twins and legal money she got from him?
I do remember a poster called twinmum! I also remember a ton about her backstory (how my brain retains so much useless tit I’ll never know). I don’t recall anything about money though. Do you mean she sued him or he gave her money for a legal battle she had with someone else?