Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the Facebook group started it was as an ‘exclusive’ perk to those who had a gym guide. Once she started posting workouts on her Instagram IGTV around new year she opened up the Facebook group to all who requested to join. It was where she initially advertised the nobs app, offering a special lifetime discount code to those who signed up.

I would agree. I think the nobs group could have grown into something lovely on a different level, if it had offered paid positions as well as increasing moderating (perhaps looking for some globally for close to 24hr monitoring), therefore immediately monitoring all comments. It’s just a shame that after all this, Lucy still says she didn’t think any of her business decisions were wrong or that she will accept criticisms about it. There is so much growth to be had by learning from your mistakes and getting things wrong and her adamance to not do that will only further hinder the nobs brand.
Literally this reeks of Styled by Susie and she ended up completely bleeping up her business forever.

Reactions: 3
#getyerfaceout is so cringeworthy
I like the idea, however it feels wrong to have a conventionally attractive white woman doing it. She has pretty good skin, so I can't imagine it's very empowering to those who have acne, scarring, rosacea or other skin conditions (which don't impact on beauty at all btw) to see her being like 'I'm amazing for showing my bare face, it took SO much courage".

Although whilst typing this, can you imagine how much more 'popular' she'd be if she started all this vapid nonsense about self-love about 4 years earlier? But of course, she wouldn't have done it then, it was trendy to promote skinny teas so that's what she did.

Reactions: 7
I like the idea, however it feels wrong to have a conventionally attractive white woman doing it. She has pretty good skin, so I can't imagine it's very empowering to those who have acne, scarring, rosacea or other skin conditions (which don't impact on beauty at all btw) to see her being like 'I'm amazing for showing my bare face, it took SO much courage".

Although whilst typing this, can you imagine how much more 'popular' she'd be if she started all this vapid nonsense about self-love about 4 years earlier? But of course, she wouldn't have done it then, it was trendy to promote skinny teas so that's what she did.
So true! I do agree too many women use filters on their photos these days but it all seems so performative coming from her

so when she came out with her podcast and it was all middle class/posh white women with little to no diversity I was just done with her then. She wants to be seen as being progressive and ~different~ but actually doesn't do the work.

Reactions: 4
So true! I do agree too many women use filters on their photos these days but it all seems so performative coming from her

so when she came out with her podcast and it was all middle class/posh white women with little to no diversity I was just done with her then. She wants to be seen as being progressive and ~different~ but actually doesn't do the work.
I mean, just stop using filters etc? Just stop it. She's an influencer with a cult following (ha), people would notice. Sometimes silence speaks louder than shouting.

See, here's the thing with the podcast, if she wasn't trying to come across as 'inclusive' then it's fine. There's nothing technically wrong with three white women creating a podcast to talk about their middle class opinions on things that don't really affect them. I personally don't like the podcast, I find it vapid. But some people would like it and that's fine.
However, when a large part of your brand involves talking about diversity and inclusivity, it's glaringly obvious when she misses that completely and that should have been picked up on. But witnessing her behaviour with people commenting on the Facebook page (even the one comment that said something along the lines of 'Lucy is great but let's check our parasocial relationships, she did duck up', Lucy completely went for her) I imagine she's very difficult to work for as she won't take any criticisms.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I mean, just stop using filters etc? Just stop it. She's an influencer with a cult following (ha), people would notice. Sometimes silence speaks louder than shouting.

See, here's the thing with the podcast, if she wasn't trying to come across as 'inclusive' then it's fine. There's nothing technically wrong with three white women creating a podcast to talk about their middle class opinions on things that don't really affect them. I personally don't like the podcast, I find it vapid. But some people would like it and that's fine.
However, when a large part of your brand involves talking about diversity and inclusivity, it's glaringly obvious when she misses that completely and that should have been picked up on. But witnessing her behaviour with people commenting on the Facebook page (even the one comment that said something along the lines of 'Lucy is great but let's check our parasocial relationships, she did duck up', Lucy completely went for her) I imagine she's very difficult to work for as she won't take any criticisms.
Yes you've summed up what I thought RE the podcast perfectly!! Thank you

omg really ?! did they give a reason?
Mental health reasons apparently, they all had their own tit to deal with, quote from Lucy “Sarah has the move, Tara has her business and I … have my own tit” wonder what she meant 🤨

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

This is also one of the reasons I found the whole #getyerfaceout thing low-key judgemental/shaming of people who do wear makeup and/or use filters. I dunno, I feel like if some people do feel more confident wearing makeup/using filters then that's okay and we shouldn't harp on about it? Obviously celebrating your bare face regardless of the condition of your skin is great but some people aren't ready to do that and they shouldn't be made to feel weird about it.

Same with the 'no progress pics' thing with Lucy's guides. I completely get the idea in principle and for someone like Lucy who is already slim I can see how getting bogged down in comparing your body to a slightly leaner, fitter body could be damaging. However, it's also totally okay for people to want to see their progress as they lose weight/get fitter, share how proud they are of it or want to see the results a guide they're spending money on could give them before they buy it.

I guess that's one of the issues I have with the body positivity movement in general at times. It can veer so easily into toxic positivity. Feeling neutral or even occasionally negative about your appearance is not allowed. You have to love yourself all the time. I feel like Team Nobs really got like that the longer it went on.

Reactions: 8
Mental health reasons apparently, they all had their own tit to deal with, quote from Lucy “Sarah has the move, Tara has her business and I … have my own tit” wonder what she meant 🤨
Translation: We’re embarrassed by people calling us out but can’t admit we’re wrong so let’s use the trendy buzzword and say it’s our ‘mental health’

Also she is not a ‘fearless leader’. She cancelled an entire group after a handful of comments that called her out for her behaviour !

Attachments

Reactions: 7
This is also one of the reasons I found the whole #getyerfaceout thing low-key judgemental/shaming of people who do wear makeup and/or use filters. I dunno, I feel like if some people do feel more confident wearing makeup/using filters then that's okay and we shouldn't harp on about it? Obviously celebrating your bare face regardless of the condition of your skin is great but some people aren't ready to do that and they shouldn't be made to feel weird about it.

Same with the 'no progress pics' thing with Lucy's guides. I completely get the idea in principle and for someone like Lucy who is already slim I can see how getting bogged down in comparing your body to a slightly leaner, fitter body could be damaging. However, it's also totally okay for people to want to see their progress as they lose weight/get fitter, share how proud they are of it or want to see the results a guide they're spending money on could give them before they buy it.

I guess that's one of the issues I have with the body positivity movement in general at times. It can veer so easily into toxic positivity. Feeling neutral or even occasionally negative about your appearance is not allowed. You have to love yourself all the time. I feel like Team Nobs really got like that the longer it went on.
Totally agree with this. Especially the last point, it’s like you wouldn’t be able to ask in the group for healthy weight loss tips if you genuinely wanted to make a change, which is so ok if you want to do that for yourself!!

Reactions: 2
There's so much self pitying going on in her stories, which is ridiculous given she could have avoided the whole thing with some transparent and fair discussion of the issues people brought up.

Reactions: 5
There's so much self pitying going on in her stories, which is ridiculous given she could have avoided the whole thing with some transparent and fair discussion of the issues people brought up.
Remember when she went on holiday with Sophie Milner? I'm getting major SM vibes now. Really disappointing.

Switch “Caroline Calloway” for “Lucy Mountain” in this passage and it still reads perfectly:

“Scratch a little beneath the surface and you begin to see through the cracks: Caroline Calloway Lucy Mountain isn’t celebrating body-positivity. She’s celebrating Caroline Calloway’s Lucy Mountain’s body. Her feminism isn’t celebrating women. It celebrates herself, who just happens to be a woman. Her environmentalism holds no weight, except for a bunch of potted plants and metal straws. A cursory glance through her instagram handle reveals that the people of colour we see on her feeds are few and far between. And of course, she has mastered the art of gaslighting in the 21st century, taking criticism and either deleting it (I have been blocked on her instagram account after liking a comment that said, “Why don’t you leave Natalie alone pay people for their labour?”).

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Lmao at this !
Regardless of what this is trying to get at, I think it’s quite insensitive to even jokingly use weight loss as a marketing tool for her app?! Again doesn’t fit with her branding or the Nobs ethos of the past at all, may be (dare I say it) triggering for a number of her followers?!

Regardless of what this is trying to get at, I think it’s quite insensitive to even jokingly use weight loss as a marketing tool for her app?! Again doesn’t fit with her branding or the Nobs ethos of the past at all, may be (dare I say it) triggering for a number of her followers?!
I thought the same and completely agree like I get it’s a joke and all but i think it’s stupid as duck?? I don’t think it was worth the pun at allll

Reactions: 2