Lucy Letby Case #70

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s been confirmed in a hearing today that the prosecution will seek a retrial for Baby K but not the other 3 babies H, J and Q. Retrial won’t be until June 2024.

E94D3CDC-23F0-4056-96C4-1291CBE85364.jpeg

8DC7CD07-00D7-4124-92DC-185AEE97F004.jpeg

82A871B2-A93E-464D-848F-E5FFFF38CAB7.jpeg

Last thread here:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I think Dewi has found evidence of lots of other babies whose breathing tubes became dislodged in the presence of Lucy Letby. Apparently the babies can pull themselves but it happened a lot. Wonder if there will be other cases added.

Reactions: 24
I think Dewi has found evidence of lots of other babies whose breathing tubes became dislodged in the presence of Lucy Letby. Apparently the babies can pull themselves but it happened a lot. Wonder if there will be other cases added.
Any new crimes discovered from Hummingbird will be separate to the baby K trial

Reactions: 25
I hope the parents approved of this decision. It must be so hard not having answers.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Any new crimes discovered from Hummingbird will be separate to the baby K trial
Can they present new evidence at the retrial? I think there's more evidence for the charge then was originally presented.
---
I hope the parents approved of this decision. It must be so hard not having answers.
I think child H and J made a full recovery and are now healthy children so that's some compensation but child Q was left with cerebral palsy so this must be very hard news for his parents.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Can they present new evidence at the retrial? I think there's more evidence for the charge then was originally presented.
Yep, it's essentially a whole new trial. Both the prosecution and defense will be building a whole new presentation. We will likely see new expert witnesses also.

Reactions: 16
Yep, it's essentially a whole new trial. Both the prosecution and defense will be building a whole new presentation. We will likely see new expert witnesses also.
There was an article somewhere about Dewi finding lots of dislodged tubes.
---
Sorry don't know how to link to the article. This is very interesting though in light of today's decision.

Attachments

• Wow
Way behind on this thread but is there another hearing today about whether she can appeal her convictions? Sure I read there was but can't find the article now.

Reactions: 4
Way behind on this thread but is there another hearing today about whether she can appeal her convictions? Sure I read there was but can't find the article now.
Yes, if you look at the first post on the thread that gives a summary. It's being covered by Chester standard.

Reactions: 7
Feel awful for baby Q’s parents 😰 hope they are doing ok and have support. This likely means they will never be compensated for baby Q’s life changing injuries, despite it largely being Karen Ree’s fault she was allowed back that day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Feel awful for baby Q’s parents 😰 hope they are doing ok and have support. This likely means they will never be compensated for baby Q’s life changing injuries, despite it largely being Karen Ree’s fault she was allowed back that day.
I’m hoping they will still have a chance because the standard of proof on civil cases are on the balances of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe they could argue negligence instead? Lucy having to tend to another baby in a different room? (We know this isn’t the cause but might be where hospital could still be held responsible because she would have had no excuse to leave the room if she didn’t have babies across different rooms ).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes, if you look at the first post on the thread that gives a summary. It's being covered by Chester standard.
Hi thanks yes I saw that about whether there will be a retrial but can't see anything about the appeal hearing.
---
Hi thanks yes I saw that about whether there will be a retrial but can't see anything about the appeal hearing.

Reactions: 3
Ok reading this makes me think there will be disappointed families today 😞

4334A4D4-66BE-420C-B16F-63F52C1E1A6B.jpeg

---
Ohhh I want to know what can’t be reported though!!

4DCC96D3-0FD1-469C-809C-CA19C9536D80.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Didn’t Karen bloody Rees say she would be “happy” for Lucy to continue working, therefore I hope Baby Q’s parents are able to take her to the cleaners of some sort. We all know raising a child with disabilities is a hike in financials. Karen should support them with her future earnings. She chose to sit on her arse.

Reactions: 41
I'm glad they are re-trying K as it was one that I couldn't believe she had 'got away' with. Awful for the family of poor baby Q and can only hope the family themselves have asked for this as that will make it easier for them to bear.

Have to say, I really don't know how a jury could be objective now. In the original trial the purported evidence was 'Dedicated nurse standing over baby'. Now surely it will be 'Mass baby murderer standing over baby'. I know they tend not to disclose current convictions (when I did a trial, it would really have helped to know that we were really being asked 'did this sex offender commit this sex offence?') but they won't find a jury that don't know who she is. I mean I think it's good and I hope it secures another conviction, but just not sure how it's allowed.

Reactions: 27
---

It's annoying that the press are putting appeal in their headlines regarding today, this is nothing to do with the appeal which hasn't been decided whether she can or not.

Reactions: 19
It's annoying that the press are putting appeal in their headlines regarding today, this is nothing to do with the appeal which hasn't been decided whether she can or not.
Yeh everything I have seen today is nothing to do with the appeal but I could have sworn there was a hearing about that today as well as the decision on retrial. I must have dreamt it I think 🤔

Reactions: 6
I'm glad they are re-trying K as it was one that I couldn't believe she had 'got away' with. Awful for the family of poor baby Q and can only hope the family themselves have asked for this as that will make it easier for them to bear.

Have to say, I really don't know how a jury could be objective now. In the original trial the purported evidence was 'Dedicated nurse standing over baby'. Now surely it will be 'Mass baby murderer standing over baby'. I know they tend not to disclose current convictions (when I did a trial, it would really have helped to know that we were really being asked 'did this sex offender commit this sex offence?') but they won't find a jury that don't know who she is. I mean I think it's good and I hope it secures another conviction, but just not sure how it's allowed.
They don't have to find a jury who don't know who she is, that would be almost impossible in this country. They have to secure jurors who won't allow anything outside of that court room to influence their decisions, which is doable. They have such strict guidelines for an impartial jury and oh will they stick to them in this to ensure no mistakes are made. The prosecution and defense will have a hand in jury selection, have their questions submitted to jurors etc...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.