Lucy Letby Case #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
10:56am

Mr Myers says it is "a strange intent to kill" when the person with intent would know a remedy would be available - a solution of dextrose.

He says Letby helped administer that dextrose.

He says it is "interesting" the proseution did not ask doctors to rule them out of involvement with insulin.

He adds he is not making an allegation.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Professor Hindmarsh....join the queue of all the other expert witnesses that know not what they're talking about and /or, who are conspiring against the lovely " Lucy"😡
Good god😳
---
10:56am

Mr Myers says it is "a strange intent to kill" when the person with intent would know a remedy would be available - a solution of dextrose.

He says Letby helped administer that dextrose.

He says it is "interesting" the proseution did not ask doctors to rule them out of involvement with insulin.

He adds he is not making an allegation.
It's not a strange intent at all
Most/all nurses would know the " easiest " way to kill someone would be to administer insulin ...is he actually taking the piss right now?😡

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
11:00am

He says there is "no evidence" Letby interfered with any TPN bag.

He says the fridge is used by "all nurses" on the unit, and the "risk would be obvious" that someone could be caught interfering with a TPN bag.

He says there are "lots of reasons" to show Letby would be noticed if she were to carry the act of administering insulin

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
So lots of faulty blood test results then BM. Both the COCH and the lab at the other hospital both randomly gave completely wrong results at the same time.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
CHILD F

Mr Johnson asks about Professor Hindmarsh's conclusion, that the fluid he was receiving could only have been contaminated with insulin.

"Yes I do."
👊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
11:05am

Mr Myers says the defence make the "obvious" explanation that there is nothing to say Letby exclusively was responsible for the insulin being in the bag.

He says insulin continued to be given to Child F after Letby had left the unit, via a maintenance bag. He says it is "incredible" that Letby is held responsible for this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

He says the fridge is used by "all nurses" on the unit, and the "risk would be obvious" that someone could be caught interfering with a TPN bag.

He says there are "lots of reasons" to show Letby would be noticed if she were to carry the act of administering insulin
Insulin bottles are tiny...stick one in your pocket with a smal insulin syringe ....draw it up in the loo ....carry it around till time is right and stick it into the bag in a second....really is that simple FFS 😡
scary thought...but it is that simple

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Surely it would take a nurse two seconds to inject the bag with insulin. If anyone saw her they wouldn't know what was in the syringe.

Reactions: 19
Surely it would take a nurse two seconds to inject the bag with insulin. If anyone saw her they wouldn't know what was in the syringe.
Most definitely...she would def easily go unnoticed ...as did Beverly allit amd Victor what's his name at Stepping Hill...only he used potassium I believe😡😡

• Sad
Oh sorry it wasn’t an attack on you! I was agreeing, but I also wasn’t sure if I’d misread something or missed something that might mean it was relevant! I just don’t get why they keep banging on about it?! They know they’re not the ones who will be deliberating right?! 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah exactly, it’s just bleeping stupid! I think they’re just desperately clutching at straws and looking for literally anything to prove her innocence. I think it’s more about proving themselves ‘right’ than anything else at this point.

Reactions: 17
Just remember absolutely every hole out there that has pleaded not guilty has had a defence that will do everything they can to cast doubt, even when it feels blatantly obvious.
Shipman’s defence was his good character, his many other patients that didn’t die (lucky them), the way the morphine results were conducted and their validity were thrown into question, they were all old and ill and about to pop their clogs anyway.
Beverly Allitt’s colleagues took a battering (people killed themselves), the maternity unit that the same consultants worked on had just had a terrible report, they were chronically understaffed hence they employed BA despite having reservations, there was “no proof” BA had been there, there weren’t specifics of what BA had actually done for some children so I’m sure they made a meal of that, they questioned reliability of the insulin measurements, the children were apparently all acutely unwell and about to die (really laughable if you know much about her poor victims), I’m sure they will have given excuses for the medical equipment and recordings that they found at her home too.
This is just an annoying step in the process, one that will hopefully help keep her in prison forever. Judges directions were extremely helpful and the jury will finish on them 👌🏻
Prison name
Etta Bogeyeverydayintheprisoncanteen

• Heart
Reactions: 16
10:53am

He says for Child F, if accurate, received exogenous insulin administered, according to the laboratory result.

He says it was 12.25am when a TPN bag is put up for Child F by Letby and a colleague, and that was changed at noon by two other nurses as the cannula line had tissued.

He says the lab sample came at a time when Letby was not on duty, and was after the second bag had been put up.

Mr Myers says the readings of blood glucose found for Child F and Child L are not that different for their respective days, but the levels of insulin found in the lab sample differ [Child F had a reading of 4,659; Child L had a reading of 1,099].

He says Professor Peter Hindmarsh was asked to describe the signs of high insulin/low blood glucose.

He said there was the potential for brain damage in low blood glucose levels.

The other symptoms in serious cases include death of brain cells, seizures, coma, and even death.

He says "fortunately", "neither of these babies" exhibited the serious symptoms.

He says that is surprising if both babies had the high levels of insulin alleged.
So Professor Hindmarsh is a poor expert witness now according to Professor Myers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Fellas I really hope the jury have their heads screwed in right 😭
Same!! Sitting there for months hearing the endless coincidences surely surely 🙏🏼

Even from the outside the opening statement was just so compelling endless coincidences all involving Letby surely there is no reasonable doubt. I pray justice is done here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
11:17am

Mr Myers says the evidence is the stock [replacement] bag must have been contaminated with insulin.

He asks how can Letby can be responsible for that bag, as no-one could have foreseen it would have been needed?

He says the first bag was replaced as the cannula line had tissued.

He says it is like "Russian dolls of improbability".

He says a TPN bag lasts 48 hours.

He says there are a number of stock bags kept, not kept in any particular order.

He says there is no evidence no other babies subsequently displayed symptoms of high insulin from the other bags.

He says unless Letby had a "Nostradamus-like" ability to read the future, in the event of a targeted attack, a stock bag would not be contaminated with insulin on the off-chance it would be needed, and the bag was the one chosen 'at random' by a colleague.

Reactions: 3
The argument that she couldn’t have administered insulin to the TPN because she would have been ‘noticed’ whilst doing it is embarrassingly weak tbh. Can’t believe he’s going down that route.

The argument that she couldn’t have administered insulin to the TPN because she would have been ‘noticed’ whilst doing it is embarrassingly weak tbh. Can’t believe he’s going down that route.
That's pathetic it would have taken her seconds to shoot a little insulin syringe into one of those bags

Reactions: 14
11:22am

Mr Myers says Letby believed she had a good relationship with Child E and Child F's mother.

He says there is an entry in Letby's diary on Child E - the only entry for any child in the indictment in the 2015 diary.

He says there is no entry for Child F.

He says the photograph of the sympathy card for Child E's parents, taken by Letby at the hospital, has no relevance.

Mr Myers says it was a photo taken while she was at work.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
11:05am

Mr Myers says the defence make the "obvious" explanation that there is nothing to say Letby exclusively was responsible for the insulin being in the bag.

He says insulin continued to be given to Child F after Letby had left the unit, via a maintenance bag. He says it is "incredible" that Letby is held responsible for this.

So it's a really big risk for sweet Lucy to be tampering with the TPN bags but it's not a big risk for other staff so sweet Lucy didn't do it but another murderer did is this what he's implying.

Reactions: 15
Fellas I really hope the jury have their heads screwed in right 😭
I think the majority of them will be like the majority of us.

We believe in her guilt, we stand by BNE, those babies and their families.

Ben Myers is rocking the boat but he won't tip it over. We won't suddenly believe in her innocence because Ben has spent a few days talking bollocks and casting aspersions.

There jury haven't sat there for all these months to just take Ben at his word against all those experts.

Have faith ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.