Lucy Letby Case #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
12:38pm

Mr Myers says, for the allegation Letby 'cooked the notes', he refers to Child G's temperature reading on the observation chart, that there are 'two dots' on the 9am reading.

He says there are multiple dots recorded on other hours on the same chart by other nurses.

He adds the dots are both in the 'white' area [ie normal].

He says it is "not a good point".

Reactions: 1
On Monday he told the jury there was nothing in the 2015 diary. Now he’s saying there is for Child E.

View attachment 2270800
Because her behaviour was escalating as serial killer behaviour is prone to do and she wanted track her fixes now?

Because she wrote those ones in shortly after they happened and she didn’t have dates to hand for the others without searching through her carrier bags?

Because she was getting back in to using her diary?

who knows Ben, why weren’t all the other patients she had listed in there? ( as presumably if they were you would have mentioned it…)

Reactions: 9
Man after reading BM’s prattlings I had a bit of a wobble. Anybody else?

But taking a step back and thinking about the powerful evidence we have (what is he on about saying the evidence is weak?), I am convinced of her guilt. I think the jury could do the same- perhaps have that seed of doubt but when they re-examine the evidence they will come to the right conclusion.
Yes initially it makes you doubt her guilt I think. I think that’s human nature. We are trusting and want to believe what we’re told. He says the prosecution case is weak and she’s innocent so initially we think “well he’s right then”. But then you pop your critical head one, question what he’s saying. How does his statement stack up against the prosecution evidence? Then you realise it doesn’t. He’s cherry picking and being very vague. He’s not got any solid points, it’s all his opinion and empty words. Which overall do not put enough doubt in my mind. Hopefully the jury will be the same. I think all his statement will do is prolong the jury reaching their verdict because they will probably want to asses his closing statement against all the evidence from the prosecution just to be 100% sure, but I doubt that they will conclude innocent.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Am I mis-reading or is the reporting/BM wrong as I thought the sympathy card was for child I, not E? Also CRP can be raised for other reasons, not necessarily infection. It is raised in infection but usually accompanied by raised infection markers and possibly lactate. NICU nurses will be able to clarify? I just know in adult surgical patients we don’t usually reach for antibiotics off a raised CRP in isolation.

Man after reading BM’s prattlings I had a bit of a wobble. Anybody else?

But taking a step back and thinking about the powerful evidence we have (what is he on about saying the evidence is weak?), I am convinced of her guilt. I think the jury could do the same- perhaps have that seed of doubt but when they re-examine the evidence they will come to the right conclusion.

We just need our BNE comfort blanket back!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Am I mis-reading or is the reporting/BM wrong as I thought the sympathy card was for child I, not E? Also CRP can be raised for other reasons, not necessarily infection. It is raised in infection but usually accompanied by raised infection markers and possibly lactate. NICU nurses will be able to clarify? I just know in adult surgical patients we don’t usually reach for antibiotics off a raised CRP in isolation.
I was thinking the same! Either he's not done his homework...or he's all over the place and it's been reported incorrectly and for some reason he's referred to the baby I card randomly! 😕
Also, same,re raised CRP..

Reactions: 8
12:46pm

Mr Myers adds Child G had a further projectile vomit on October 15, when Letby was not on duty.

He refers to the third event for Child G, the second on September 21, 2015.

He says the prosecution opening in October last year said somebody had switched off the monitor.

He says it was the evidence of a nursing colleague who said what did happen.

He said the nurse recalled there had been seven attempts to insert a cannula.

Mr Myers says that could have caused a desaturation for Child G.

Mr Myers said the nurse's "crystal clear evidence" said the doctors left Child G behind screens and the monitor was switched off.

He says Dr John Gibbs had said if that was what the nurse had said, then that was what had happened. Dr David Harkness said he could not recall.

Mr Myers says it was "very poor treatment" for Child G.

No you’re right, it’s definitely in the wiki as Child I (the sympathy card). Wtf is going on Ben? 🥴

Reactions: 11
12:50pm

Mr Myers refers to the case of Child H.

He describes the events for Child H, including the insertion of chest drains.

He says the evidence reveals "serial, sub-optimal care" and "no evidence" of Letby "doing any wrongdoing at all", but "she gets the blame".

12:53pm

Mr Myers says late provision of surfactant would have made the pneumothorax worse for Child H, as Dr Bohin said.

He says Dr Bohin also wrote in her report there was an "unacceptable delay" in intubating, and leaving a butterfly needle in the chest was 'sub-optimal practice as it is hazardous

The mum of E gave Lucy a thankyou card, which she kept as a photograph on her phone. It does sound that BM might be getting the two cards confused.

Reactions: 14
12:56pm

He adds there was a delay in inserting the second chest drain, and Child H had not been sedated.

He says the issue of the 'moving second chest drain' is "hotly contested".

Highlighting the 'sub-optimal care', Mr Myers says there is "a very good reason" why babies got better when transported to a tertiary centre, and it 'wasn't because of Lucy Letby'.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
What in the council house estate is going on today?
BM's not doing himself any favours with his inconsistent statements

• Heart
The mum of E gave Lucy a thankyou card, which she kept as a photograph on her phone. It does sound that BM might be getting the two cards confused.
Ohh is that the thank you card that was given to the staff on the unit? And she took a photo of it? I think I remember that now.

Reactions: 11
12:56pm

He adds there was a delay in inserting the second chest drain, and Child H had not been sedated.

He says the issue of the 'moving second chest drain' is "hotly contested".

Highlighting the 'sub-optimal care', Mr Myers says there is "a very good reason" why babies got better when transported to a tertiary centre, and it 'wasn't because of Lucy Letby'.
Piss off BM...what's his excuse for the poor little babies deteriorating almost as soon as she goes near them when they return i wonder?😡

What in the council house estate is going on today?
BM's not doing himself any favours with his inconsistent statements
He’s certainly creating doubt alright.

I’m beginning to doubt which planet he’s on. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 23
In Nicu we give antibiotics for a crp of 5 or more. 218 is massive for a neonate. Clearly G had some sort of infection somewhere.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Ben is basically saying everything he possible can without saying the actual words “Lucy is innocent” because he knows she isn’t and he can’t lie. I’m not worried at all.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.