Lucy Letby Case #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to be clear I'm not at all trying to find out names but I'm just wondering how it works in court when they are referring to the babies with their actual names. Do the baristers/judge etc. say 'Joe Bloggs, a.k.a Baby A, Jane Doe, a.k.a Baby D' for example, or do they just use the real name and that's it?
Because when they were referring to the babies in chronological order it wouldn't be difficult for reporters to work out which letter to use, but when the babies are grouped differently like with BNE's amazing closing statement, I can imagine it being really tricky to remember which letter corresponds to which baby. Just curious how it works really because I imagine it could get really confusing with how big the case is.
Needless to say I am heartbroken for the families and hope they get justice!
I imagine even all of us know what happened to each baby, just by saying baby O by now etc - am sure the jury and the journos that have been there for 9 months will know all the babies actual names and what happened to them. I am glad they are called by their names - I hope some of these baby killer apologists have a moment of reflection if any parent’s choose to go public with their baby / name etc after the trial ends - they obviously do not see them as living, breathing little people.

Edited cause my phone is a sack of tit and goes mental with the typos on here!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
1687524960922.png


Tweet from Dan. I'm really surprised the defence closing speech is expected to last a week! Unless they're not sitting every day maybe.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I imagine even all of us know what happened to each baby, just by saying baby O by now etc - am sure the jury and the journos that have been there for 9 months will know all the babies actual names and what happened to them. I am glad they are called by their names - I hope some of these baby killer apologists have a moment of reflection if any parent’s choose to go public with their baby / name etc after the trial ends - they obviously do not see them as living, breathing little people.

Edited cause my phone is a sack of tit and goes mental with the typos on here!
I think I would if it was my baby - these were real, living babes who should have been thriving in school by now, some of them surrounded by their siblings and celebrating together. I'd think I'd like to let the world know my baby was taken by this monster, and they didn't deserve it at all.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Out of interest - If you were the parents, would you go to the press after this?

I would. I would be shouting my baby's name from the rooftops and showing his or her face to everyone to show people who it was this monster was harming. Maybe some of the absolute bleeps on Facebook and Twitter would shut the duck up a bit when faced with an actual face and a name of who she wiped off the earth/attempted to wipe off the earth. Tiny human beings. People's sons and daughters.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
He’s going to go over every baby individually. Do the prosecution get another go before the judge, heard that sometimes happens or might be the American system.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I have been quiet as away on holiday so mostly catching up whilst the other half is asleep. I am probably going to be the odd one out (again) but I am really looking forward to hearing BM’s closing speech. I think it will be interesting to see how he plays this.

There is undoubtedly an argument for closing speeches to potentially have more impact on the jury than evidence as barristers tend to be clearer with what they are saying than witnesses (expert or otherwise). They are skilled at laying out a case and tying it all together.

Let’s hope for decent reporting - Marky Mark I am looking at you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I’m a day behind Tattle but have got to page 1 and see there are nine lunatics in the poll. Ffs. I’ve asked before (and heard only silence) would you leave your newborn alone with her? Like F you would.
---
Can someone euthanise Richard please
Indeed! He’s a mucking fuppet.
I do wonder how him and his likeminded folk make other decisions in life!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I have been quiet as away on holiday so mostly catching up whilst the other half is asleep. I am probably going to be the odd one out (again) but I am really looking forward to hearing BM’s closing speech. I think it will be interesting to see how he plays this.

There is undoubtedly an argument for closing speeches to potentially have more impact on the jury than evidence as barristers tend to be clearer with what they are saying than witnesses (expert or otherwise). They are skilled at laying out a case and tying it all together.

Let’s hope for decent reporting - Marky Mark I am looking at you.

BIB

Looking forward to it? Really?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I keep dipping in and out of these threads. I tried listening to the podcast to get up to date but it wasn’t for me, any other podcasts out there or a condensed version I can read? When do jury get sent out?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
He’s going to go over every baby individually. Do the prosecution get another go before the judge, heard that sometimes happens or might be the American system.
No, once the defence finish with their closing submissions the judge will give his directions. He’s already done this to an extent so he will mainly (i) summarise the factual matters raised by both sides in closing speeches; and (ii) advise the jury on how they should verdict a verdict - essentially he’ll remind them of the questions to go through when considering each charge.
---
I keep dipping in and out of these threads. I tried listening to the podcast to get up to date but it wasn’t for me, any other podcasts out there or a condensed version I can read? When do jury get sent out?
Estimated to be Monday 10 July now
---
Yes, it doesn't make much sense how 1 day delay can lead to a week longer before deliberations start.
Presumably the Judge, or other parties involved in the case, have other business calling in the latter part of w/c 3 July. For example, the judge may begin his directions on Thursday but court may not sit on Friday, he may continue the directions the following Monday but have other matters calling Tuesday - Thursday so complete his directions on the Friday/Monday and then send them to deliberate. Will depend on other court business, commitments of parties involved etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Out of interest - If you were the parents, would you go to the press after this?

I would. I would be shouting my baby's name from the rooftops and showing his or her face to everyone to show people who it was this monster was harming. Maybe some of the absolute bleeps on Facebook and Twitter would shut the duck up a bit when faced with an actual face and a name of who she wiped off the earth/attempted to wipe off the earth. Tiny human beings. People's sons and daughters.
I think in the cases of those with babies who survived her attempts alongside their loss I’d want to do whatever was best for the surviving baby.
But 7 year olds don’t miss a beat, they’ll know their parents and families are particularly traumatised/attending court, so what is in their best interests - they can’t be protected from the facts in entirety? I genuinely have no idea and can’t begin to understand how these people can put one foot in front of the other at the moment.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I think he's too professional to let much slip about his personal opinions. From what I've seen online it's only conspiracy theorists who believe that she could be innocent now, and he's definitely too logical to be one of those (especially as he will know every detail of the case, including things that haven't been given much airtime in the press). I think he will almost certainly believe she's guilty, but his job is to provide a defence, and he'll do that with a poker face.

I was interested to read the post from an American (I think) poster in another thread that commented on how combative the UK court system is. I'd just assumed that all trials involved aggressive questioning of witnesses, but it seems like it might be more pronounced in the UK. I hate it too. It's no wonder grape victims are frightened to press charges when you read the way the defence counsels go after them.
I would be so scared to be cross examined, esp when innocent

I didn't really mean BM to let any personal belief slip out, more like the linguistic gymnastics he might have to do to get his point across without misleading anyone! IE "this is a woman who says she did nothing wrong"
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I don’t know what he’s going to say that will last a week. I feel like ll would do her own closing statement if she could 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The other consideration with going public is they would have to think about the potential impact on any other children they have. I know my grandmother had a baby boy who died in infancy (1940s so sadly not uncommon) but it is funny to think had he lived she might not have gone on to have my dad and then I wouldn’t exist and my children wouldn’t … I don’t think about it much but obviously different to a sad act of God and murder.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 16
I wouldn’t go to the press at all. The one thing I’d want is a bleeping explanation from the hospital as to why all these false records, concerns from doctors were brushed under the carpet until it was too late. I wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of telling her how she’d ruined my life and took my whole world away from me because she wouldn’t give a tit.

Had this happened to any of my kids, there’s only one thing I’d want and that’s an opportunity to smash her face in
 
  • Like
Reactions: 24
I wouldn’t ‘sell my story’ as such, but I feel like I would want the public to know my baby had a name and they were more than just a letter of the alphabet. I would possibly release a statement with a name and photo or something. But this would absolutely be dependent on my circumstances at the time, impact on other children and family etc
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I wouldn’t ‘sell my story’ as such, but I feel like I would want the public to know my baby had a name and they were more than just a letter of the alphabet. I would possibly release a statement with a name and photo or something. But this would absolutely be dependent on my circumstances at the time, impact on other children and family etc
I would do the same 🩷 you can Google the babies names (wish I never a while ago) and you can almost imagine their little personality’s and what they should be doing if it wasn’t for that monster 💔x
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.