Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nobody judge me for asking this because I don't know anything about law haha but with the opening statements... can each side 'object' to what the other is saying? Or is that just the rest of the trial?

Reactions: 1
I shall never search any of my ex’s again 😩😂

Ooh what program was this?
I think it was called The Real CSI - think it was on itv or 4. A few people on Real Life Crime watched it too I think. It was really interesting because it was more about the forensics team who find the physical and digital evidence for the crime

Reactions: 4
Absolutely. I recently got my facebook account maliciously hacked and they posted stuff that got it instantly banned. I was able to request a full copy of my account and all the photos I had posted from them and it was absolutely wild how much data was in the zip file they sent me. Definitely made me reluctant to try to get my account back or rejoin the site. You can even see every single login you have ever made.
I remember in Star and Logans case, police were able to tell what apps were being opened/used/closed

Reactions: 3
Are you asking if they can introduce new evidence?
No, although I know they can introduce new evidence if something comes to light in the next 6 months. What I meant is in the prosecutions opening statement they have provided some evidence/explanation to the jury as to why each charge has been brought to LL. But I think they will have held back some evidence (maybe more hard concrete evidence rather than the circumstancial so far said) , to let the defence say their bit to the jury or even let LL take the stand, and then WHAM bring out some more hard evidence to disprove what the defence have said. I am aware that the prosecution and defence have to share their evidence prior to the court case.

Reactions: 2
I literally can’t even think of a black serial killer, male or female lmao. I’m not hugely into true crime though so maybe others can.
There's lots in America I think? I dod Criminology for a year at university and was researching. There's one I think called Dwight York? (Not the KP bloke.) There were a few I think?

Reactions: 1
I think some people are getting confused but there hasn’t been any evidence presented in the court yet. Opening statements are the facts of the case.

Reactions: 17
I think it was called The Real CSI - think it was on itv or 4. A few people on Real Life Crime watched it too I think. It was really interesting because it was more about the forensics team who find the physical and digital evidence for the crime
It’s obviously more of a thing now cyber crime and all the information that is held on us is crazy

does anyone know how her KC is assigned? Who chooses him, and who would pay for this? I assume it’s very expensive anyway but even more so for someone of his calibre
He could be doing it pro bono, as it's high profile or he may have a personal interest in it.

Reactions: 6
Also. Sorry for the comparison but I can't think of a better way to word this. So you know the Johnny and Amber trial? A certain amount of jurors had to 'side' with Johnny foe him to win?

Well, will it be the same for thus trial? Like how does it work? Do ALL jurors have to agree one outcome or the other? Or is it majority?

does anyone know how her KC is assigned? Who chooses him, and who would pay for this? I assume it’s very expensive anyway but even more so for someone of his calibre
He looks expensive 😳 he does do legal aid and paid work tho

Also. Sorry for the comparison but I can't think of a better way to word this. So you know the Johnny and Amber trial? A certain amount of jurors had to 'side' with Johnny foe him to win?

Well, will it be the same for thus trial? Like how does it work? Do ALL jurors have to agree one outcome or the other? Or is it majority?
All have to come to an agreement here I believe

it was on the BBC and it’s still on iPlayer. Fascinating series, really recommend it.

Reactions: 5
Probably the evidence was circumstantial. The opening prosecutor’s speech was all circumstantial evidence. I think she’s guilty but I also think she will get off because circumstantial evidence is not good enough to convict. I think the police fear this too which is why they’re still working full on gathering new evidence on other deaths.
There was a case in my area fairly recently where 4 people were convicted of murder based on circumstantial evidence, obviously it has to be overwhelming and beyond reasonable doubt but they main one they had no phone, no physical evidence, no gun etc you thought they are going to get a not guilty but all but one (who had a much lesser charge) were found guilty and the biggest sentence was 35 years

Reactions: 5
I think some people are getting confused but there hasn’t been any evidence presented in the court yet. Opening statements are the facts of the case.
I'm not sure that's the case? Agreed facts come later. There's no facts been presented at the moment, just opinion of what could have happened.

There's lots in America I think? I dod Criminology for a year at university and was researching. There's one I think called Dwight York? (Not the KP bloke.) There were a few I think?
there’s a fair few in the states. the washington sniper is probably the most “famous” though.

Lots of cases are convicted on circumstantial evidence. There’s a number of cases convicted with no body even - off the top of my head the Helen McCourt murder.. as well as others. No murder weapon. No remains to examine for method of killing. Etc etc

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.