Lucy Letby Case #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m in Scotland so no chance of going along. Jealous of those who are able to though! It feels a bit weird saying that given the nature of this particular trial, but Iā€™ve done jury service in the past and find the whole courtroom process very interesting. Grateful for those here who can share their experience with the rest of us!
Iā€™m in Scotland too. Letā€™s just hop on the train together, why not. Wee day out! šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe her reaction to his name being confirmed was because he is married and it's a big secret? Maybe she really cared about him and worried that the involvement in this case would damage his family/reputation. Doesn't seem that he had any dirt on her which was one of the initial theories.

Maybe her reaction to his name being confirmed was because he is married and it's a big secret? Maybe she really cared about him and worried that the involvement in this case would damage his family/reputation. Doesn't seem that he had any dirt on her which was one of the initial theories.
I think she had hoped heā€™d stay by his word and support her in this trial. And now heā€™s a prosecution witness. Of course sheā€™s distressed

Reactions: 26
Iā€™m a cynic, and did wonder initially if he was married. Then as the texts went on, I thought ā€˜Oh no, heā€™s genuinely into herā€™ and sounded young.
Nowā€¦ 100% he was married during all of this (whether he is or not now) and thatā€™s why he is indeed ā€˜Dr Nonameā€™.
Seen it all before. Tale as old as time.
Ps. I havenā€™t commented on these threads for ages, but still been following. Iā€™ve genuinely been doing this šŸ˜® the past few days with whatā€™s come to light.
Dr Noname - you were wanting your ego stroked, and possibly your leg over. How that has spectacularly back fired for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just cannot see this at all. I can't imagine her having any empathy towards his family or his reputation. I think its all about her. He was just another pawn in her game.

I am clearly no expert at all but I can't imagine that someone who consistently murders babies can have any normal feelings about anything or anyone.

Reactions: 26
I just cannot see this at all. I can't imagine her having any empathy towards his family or his reputation. I think its all about her. He was just another pawn in her game.

I am clearly no expert at all but I can't imagine that someone who consistently murders babies can have any normal feelings about anything or anyone.
Come in to my parlour said the spider to the fly.
I think sheā€™s crying because ultimately she hasnā€™t won, heā€™s turned on her.

Reactions: 17

I wonder if the press would continuously describe it as a friendship..ā€flirty friendshipā€ is as far as itā€™s ever got in terms of description, if there was any evidence that it was anything different or more (not denying that possibly both of them would have been happy for it to go there). If it was a romantic relationship at any level then the defence could claim it means sheā€™s more ā€œnormalā€ and the prosecution could say sheā€™s of bad character for having a relationship with a married man (although I donā€™t see how/why itā€™s relevant when youā€™re a baby murderer tbf). I just feel thereā€™s been a very marked change in the press who repeatedly describe it as a friendship and I am yet to see anything to suggest it wasnā€™t. Her reaction absolutely canā€™t be explained from what weā€™ve seen so farā€¦ bonkers!

Reactions: 9

I think its easier to think of evil people this way, but they can absolutely have feelings of love and affection towards others, who knows if it's the same way we feel it but even Hitler loved his mother. Feeling bad for Dr Sleeze doesn't make her any less horrendous if she's done this, but people aren't that black and white.

Reactions: 20
Come in to my parlour said the spider to the fly.
I think sheā€™s crying because ultimately she hasnā€™t won, heā€™s turned on her.
I reckon it's that he's turned on her, if I was texting a fella for a few months/couple of years and he's later gone on to grass on me about something I'd be fuming - so if she loved him, even if unrequited, it's definitely not a reach to think she'd be devastated, about him giving evidence against her on multiple murder charges.

Just goes more against her imo, no reaction to murdered new borns, but cries and tries to run away over a fella slagging her off though.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I reckon it's that he's turned on her, if I was texting a fella for a few months/couple of years and he's later gone on to grass on me about something I'd be fuming - so if she loved him, even if unrequited, it's definitely not a reach to think she'd be devastated, about him giving evidence against her on multiple murder charges.

Just goes more against her imo, no reaction to murdered new borns, but cries and tries to run away over a fella slagging her off though.
Has he grassed her though? Heā€™s been cited as a prosecution witness in a murder trial, he probably didnā€™t have a whole lot of choice in the matter. I did wonder if it was feelings of regret almost, like sheā€™d never have the life she thought maybe with him

Reactions: 18
I think its easier to think of evil people this way, but they can absolutely have feelings of love and affection towards others, who knows if it's the same way we feel it but even Hitler loved his mother. Feeling bad for Dr Sleeze doesn't make her any less horrendous if she's done this, but people aren't that black and white.
Oh absolutely. I'll be the first to admit I'm a very black and white thinker, I drive my family crazy šŸ„“

It is easier to think of her this way, you're right, it distances her from me. I will never understand her, I'll read the books when they come out but in my head and heart I just see her as pure evil. I envisage a swinging brick in her chest.

Her reaction to him was really melodramatic considering the length of time it's been since her supposed relationship with him. I mean it's been over 6 years since then and it's not looking as if it was anything more than what we're seeing, a flirty friendship. The reaction doesn't match the situation and it felt very fake, almost as if that's how she thought she should react.

I guess we will never know what has really gone on with Dr Nonamenowifenoballsnoscruples but I'm really interested to see if their friendship ended when she was taken off the ward or if it continued? If it went further than what we've seen. It's intriguing but has no relevance in the case so we will probably never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wait WHAT? I missed this, did he do that??šŸ¤¢
No, it was her colleague joking with LL for being flirty with the doc. LL said nothing was going on that he was just a friend or something along those lines.

ETA: my phone autocorrected ā€œdocā€ to ā€œfoxā€ and Iā€™m wheezing.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No, it was her colleague joking with LL for being flirty with the doc. LL said nothing was going on that he was just a friend or something along those lines.

ETA: my phone autocorrected ā€œdocā€ to ā€œfoxā€ and Iā€™m wheezing.
She said ā€œcertainly donā€™t fancy himā€ obvs she could be saying that cos the opposite is true but I get the impression itā€™s funny and a bit of a joke between her and the other nurse because heā€™s prob a bit of a minger/old/married or all of those things šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 9
Has he grassed her though? Heā€™s been cited as a prosecution witness in a murder trial, he probably didnā€™t have a whole lot of choice in the matter. I did wonder if it was feelings of regret almost, like sheā€™d never have the life she thought maybe with him
Ah I was going to ask this before, do people get called to be witnesses even if the don't want to?

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the press would continuously describe it as a friendship..ā€flirty friendshipā€ is as far as itā€™s ever got in terms of description, if there was any evidence that it was anything different or more (not denying that possibly both of them would have been happy for it to go there). If it was a romantic relationship at any level then the defence could claim it means sheā€™s more ā€œnormalā€ and the prosecution could say sheā€™s of bad character for having a relationship with a married man (although I donā€™t see how/why itā€™s relevant when youā€™re a baby murderer tbf). I just feel thereā€™s been a very marked change in the press who repeatedly describe it as a friendship and I am yet to see anything to suggest it wasnā€™t. Her reaction absolutely canā€™t be explained from what weā€™ve seen so farā€¦ bonkers!
Would the press be able to suggest further though? As more revealing t(s)ext havenā€™t being presented in court.
On the flip side, more suggestive texts could potentially indicate deceit on the Drā€™s part, not good for the credibility of a witness, and, like you say, whatā€™s a dalliance in comparison to a baby murdering? And really, how relevant is it? Ofc weā€™d all like to know though, damn those pesky reporting restrictions, can just imagine the Sunā€™s headlines.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ah I was going to ask this before, do people get called to be witnesses even if the don't want to?
They do, and as he was there for some of the deaths/involved in the care of some of the babies, it seems right that he would be called to give evidence. Especially given his friendship with the defendant.

Reactions: 12
Would the press be able to suggest further though? As more revealing t(s)ext havenā€™t being presented in court.
On the flip side, more suggestive texts could potentially indicate deceit on the Drā€™s part, not good for the credibility of a witness, and, like you say, whatā€™s a dalliance in comparison to a baby murderer? And really, how relevant is it? Ofc would all like to know though.
I think if it was factual and had been heard in the courtroom that they were in a relationship then it would be reported so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø but maybe itā€™s not been brought in as evidence from either side but Iā€™d have thought it would be fairly relevant if he was a former partner. I would have thought factually it might say their messages continued but arenā€™t relevant rather than specify ā€œsocial and work relatedā€ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø I guess they wouldnā€™t say ā€œtheir messages were then cockington pics and shower dildo relatedā€ šŸ¤¢
I just donā€™t get any sense they were hot and steamy- baby deaths and his own kids just seem like the ultimate passion kill. Just seems like heā€™s getting pleasure from being mr cringe ā€œpromise me wonā€™t youā€ and sheā€™s enjoying the sympathy and attention. Icky AF either way.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.