Lucy Letby Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not seen one scapegoat believer give any sort of theory on HOW a scapegoat plot could be carried out. They just cry scapegoat and share a link to the CQC report.
Because she has a kind pretty face, thin and blonde. Simply based on how she looks, many people have already declared her innocent and she’s simply just a scapegoat. The blonde angelic nurse can’t be mentally unwell and possibly evil. It doesn’t fit with their narrative of what an evil woman who kills babies looks like.

Reactions: 57
Really shocking but I’m keeping an open mind, all we’ve heard is the prosecution barrister.. no actual evidence or testimony.

Regarding the Facebook thing, without going into detail of my experience it’s really not uncommon for nurses/staff to look you up. My husband was even searched on Linkedin when he went in to hospital (you get a notification!). That said, if she was looking up the parents that’s not a crime and doesn’t indicate one way or another to her likelihood of being a murderer!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
i followed the star hobson case (different username at the time) and was just looking over that thread and saw the link for this one.

it’s such a heartbreaking yet strange case, it’ll be so interesting to see what comes out in the trail. i just can’t fathom how someone would train for so long to train to save babies lives yet be the one to take them away instead.

also intrigued to see how they’ve come to the new causes of deaths after so much time, the families hearts must ache reliving this again.

any chance of a dave style trail transcription?

Reactions: 11
very good point I’ve came across the exact same thing. I really don’t think it could be pulled off, it would need to be a lot of people willing to lie to the police and at what point would they all be able to gather to get their story straight?
Yep lots of people and not just lying because how is physical evidence explained - did they go back and change all the rotas to make it look like it was only Lucy on shift when it wasn’t? Did they hack her pc to look up the families on Facebook?
The police have been investigating for years. They would probably uncover something like that unless they are suggesting the police are in on it too. Quite frankly I think it’s ridiculous. Tell me how the hospital might get away with making her a scapegoat and I’ll listen but so far there is no explanation.

Reactions: 22
I know we shouldn’t judge as innocent until proven guilty is the basis of our judicial system but I just cannot see how she can be innocent
Have to see what the defence say then I will make my decision. I think wards should have CCTV wherever they can mine does makes me feel a lot safer. I have been accused of something before told them to check the CCTV and I was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Reactions: 14
Really shocking but I’m keeping an open mind, all we’ve heard is the prosecution barrister.. no actual evidence or testimony.

Regarding the Facebook thing, without going into detail of my experience it’s really not uncommon for nurses/staff to look you up. My husband was even searched on Linkedin when he went in to hospital (you get a notification!). That said, if she was looking up the parents that’s not a crime and doesn’t indicate one way or another to her likelihood of being a murderer!
I’m horrified at the thought that it’s not uncommon for nurses to look up patients on Facebook! Maybe they all need to think twice now it’s being used as evidence against Lucy for a murder trial.

Reactions: 28
Yep lots of people and not just lying because how is physical evidence explained - did they go back and change all the rotas to make it look like it was only Lucy on shift when it wasn’t? Did they hack her pc to look up the families on Facebook?
The police have been investigating for years. They would probably uncover something like that unless they are suggesting the police are in on it too. Quite frankly I think it’s ridiculous. Tell me how the hospital might get away with making her a scapegoat and I’ll listen but so far there is no explanation.
I think it would be absolutely impossible to have absolutely everyone in on bringing her down. Surely if it was the hospitals failings it would have actually been better to take the blame for it than to make all this up

Reactions: 4
[
I’m horrified at the thought that it’s not uncommon for nurses to look up patients on Facebook! Maybe they all need to think twice now it’s being used as evidence against Lucy for a murder trial.
On the flip side, patients & their parents have looked me up on social media.. even added me! So now I’m names slightly different and profiles are locked down as much as I can.

Reactions: 30
Yes but Munchausen is a term that gets thrown around for these 'angels' when in actual fact, some murderers have other motives.
The reason they probably are labelled as MBP (Factitious disorder) is that no one can conceive of any other motive.

And I agree, some are just plain evil and the human need to attribute a motive is possibly why it’s become almost fashionable.

I saw a so called “expert” today stating categorically that the prosecution would have to prove malevolence as stated in their opening along with a motive.

Tell me you don’t understand trial proceedings in one fell swoop 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Also why would the police conspire with the hospital against one woman? If there was multiple people involved it would have been leaked already and not every person involved could keep up with such a lie. Do I think doctors and administrators lied and deflected to save their backs when all of this was brought to light? Yes. But do I think they’re the reason the children are dead? Absolutely not. Lucy was arrested numerous times for a reason and her back garden was dug up for a reason too. She is also the only one charged and now sitting on trial nearly 5 years later for a reason too. This isn’t a conspiracy. Everything about those babies deaths led back to Lucy and they clearly know much more that will come out soon, hence why the trial is going to be nearly two months.

Reactions: 30
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I feel this is almost a copycat of Beverley Allitt

Reactions: 9
It’s going to be a very long hard trial
I already feel spent after day 1. These poor poor babies.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
[

On the flip side, patients & their parents have looked me up on social media.. even added me! So now I’m names slightly different and profiles are locked down as much as I can.
Patients have tried to add me inbox me asking for a dates etc I blocked them It's not just a one way thing 🤣🤣 my profile is now tightly locked down.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
It’s 100% not uncommon, my cousin is a midwife and she said her colleagues are often looking at peoples profiles. If someone comes in talking about jobs or expensive houses etc. they will look them up out of curiosity. On the flip side she has had about 2 flirty Facebook messages from husbands. I suppose it’s like anything be careful about what you put online because anyone can be watching! I’m really not making excuses as I think it’s pretty creepy… but I guess it’s just human nature.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Do they have to have a decent reason to dig the garden or can it just be done as a random request?

It’s still wrong as everyone deserves privacy but I think with the nurses/staff, they are the ones in a professional capacity and have a duty of care to their patients. What they see when snooping could potentially influence their treatment of the patient.

It’s going to be a very long hard trial
I already feel spent after day 1. These poor poor babies.
it’s not even one day. It was ten minutes before lunch and 2 hours after ☹

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.