Lucy Letby Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taken from the Facebook group:

83D498F7-E4CF-4FA2-9B3A-9DF9F088760E.jpeg

Very interested to hear the testimonies from her colleagues. Wonder where this user has got this from or if it’s just bull:poop:

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I imagine the minute she was initially arrested and released under investigation she was taken off operational duties

Reactions: 8
Unfortunately on a case like this I doubt there is going to be a lightbulb moment or smoking gun that completely assures of guilt or innocence. I think the defence's strategy will simply be casting doubt on the reliability of the evidence the prosecution is relying on.

At the end of the day Lucy doesn't have to prove she is innocent. It is the prosecution that has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she is guilty. If they can't do that then quite rightly Lucy should be acquitted. That's our legal system and it has served us for hundreds of years in that same respect.
I’m not really expecting a lightbulb moment personally, It’s more that I keep going back and forth between she’s guilty and she’s not guilty. Need more info before I can fully form my own opinion.

Reactions: 6
I’m wondering that actually. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s automatic that a baby would even have a post mortem, especially if born prematurely - where a sudden deterioration/death isn’t that unusual. Or would doctors have recommended a post mortem because these deaths were totally unexpected and unexplained?
But if born in "good condition" and the outlook looked good for the baby, then they have died in unexpected circumstances and when presented to the Coroner more often than not all unexpected child deaths are subject to a post mortem

Reactions: 3
I know we shouldn’t judge as innocent until proven guilty is the basis of our judicial system but I just cannot see how she can be innocent

Reactions: 20
This whole scapegoat explanation is that not going to take a hell of a lot of people in on it pinning Lucy for something she hasn’t done? I think it would be rare that someone wouldn’t have a guilty conscious. It would be a lot to pull off.

Reactions: 12
Comments posted by a lady saying 2 babies are in her family. She made these comments on a post saying Lucy is innocent
I read that there were two sets of twins amongst those killed/harmed. This poster is saying she was related to two deceased babies so I’m guessing one set of twins both died 🥲

I saw one set of twins the boy died and the girl lived. Imagine growing up knowing your twin was needlessly taken away from the life you should have shared together. So tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
How long was she a nurse for before all this happened? I wonder what made her wake up one day and commit these awful crimes.
She did a few interviews with the Chester Standard before all of this started. In 2013 she did one where she said she had qualified as a childrens nurse in 2011 and had been working on the unit since graduating. She also worked on that unit during her 3 years of training. She said she was also doing extra training in order to develop and enhance her knowledge and skills within the Intensive Care area and had recently, at the time, completed a placement at Liverpool Women’s Hospital.

Reactions: 5
From looking at the reports it says that it was “unexplained” on the post mortem. It was only
after the hospital came under investigation and Police became involved (presumably due to further medical findings related to the deaths) in 2017 that she was arrested. So they didn’t conclude air embolus or insulin poisoning until police / investigations for failings
Also I dont know the timeline but a post mortem takes up to 6 weeks or longer so if there were No results back in those 6 weeks she couldhave killed another child

Reactions: 3
You would be probably astonished how many Angels of Death there are. Targeting babies however is unusual.

Angels of Mercy is a label often given to “altruistic“ medical people who sometimes speed peoples passing on.

Although both terms are often used interchangeably.
Yes but Munchausen is a term that gets thrown around for these 'angels' when in actual fact, some murderers have other motives.

Reactions: 15
I personally am totally shook at what came up today. I was not expecting to hear anything like this. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting to hear much, on the basis of the reporting restriction that was put in place. We are going to hear every detail aside from identities. It's going to be a tough six months. I'm open minded, however at this stage, I struggle to imagine a circumstance where this could have happened innocently.

Reactions: 27
just remembered this trial is starting today. the interviews with her should be interesting. I wonder did she deny everything or say there was a mix-up and agree she injected something but didn't know what the substance was? but surely that's manslaughter and that's not her charge? wonder will that be offered to the jury at the end instead of the murder charges

Reactions: 4
She did a few interviews with the Chester Standard before all of this started. In 2013 she did one where she said she had qualified as a childrens nurse in 2011 and had been working on the unit since graduating. She also worked on that unit during her 3 years of training. She said she was also doing extra training in order to develop and enhance her knowledge and skills within the Intensive Care area and had recently, at the time, completed a placement at Liverpool Women’s Hospital.
I guess there goes her ‘I’m just incompetent at my job’ excuse?

Reactions: 9
This whole scapegoat explanation is that not going to take a hell of a lot of people in on it pinning Lucy for something she hasn’t done? I think it would be rare that someone wouldn’t have a guilty conscious. It would be a lot to pull off.
I’ve not seen one scapegoat believer give any sort of theory on HOW a scapegoat plot could be carried out. They just cry scapegoat and share a link to the CQC report.

Reactions: 24
Which link is best for live updates? I only have chance to read here on an evening and keep getting lost

I read that there were two sets of twins amongst those killed/harmed. This poster is saying she was related to two deceased babies so I’m guessing one set of twins both died 🥲

I saw one set of twins the boy died and the girl lived. Imagine growing up knowing your twin was needlessly taken away from the life you should have shared together. So tragic.
One set of “twins” who died were actually triplets, and it was reported that the surviving child did not have any charges relating to them. So they were spared somehow. Mystifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
That’s what I kept thinking. Just why?! Is it MBP? Possible fertility issues of her own? Mental health? Could it be she didn’t like the parents for whatever reason and that’s how she picked her victims? Scary and horrific
That's the kind of angles I was thinking of too.

Reactions: 8
I’ve not seen one scapegoat believer give any sort of theory on HOW a scapegoat plot could be carried out. They just cry scapegoat and share a link to the CQC report.
very good point I’ve came across the exact same thing. I really don’t think it could be pulled off, it would need to be a lot of people willing to lie to the police and at what point would they all be able to gather to get their story straight?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.