Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In addition you’d also check the positioning of the NG. For those without experience of this you remove a small amount of stomach contents and check the acidity. For G, having been fed 45ml of milk minutes before, would clearly show completely undigested milk in babies stomach. At this point you’d realise baby was already fed. There is no accidental over feeding.
100%, this wouldn’t be ‘a mistake’ it would be deliberate harm. Just like the insulin. There is room for mistakes if it is a subcutaneous injection but again deliberate and no accident as the scientific evidence is there…..it was given over a prolonged period of time, it had to be in the TPN. This case is going down in history. I believe the media interest will soon become overwhelming. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else feel the same as me on this ?
Absolutely

Just to add, I don't believe they're making anything fit the 100days.
I'm really trying to make you see just how important this milestone is.
Baby was born before the legal abortion cut off, drs in delivery could of declined and considered her a late miscarriage, they didn't they considered her a human, all 1lb of her. They saved her, she fought for her life, she made it to 100days without any major complications, until she met LL....
In Arrowe Park she was completely fine, the second LL is near her, she has brain damage so severe she'll never be able to live her life without 24 hour care.
It's not a case of making anything fit, its showing just how remarkable Baby G was, and someone took that away from her. Someone deliberately over fed her. Someone deliberately caused her life long complications.
When you think about it set out like that it’s truly is horrific isn’t it 💔

For me there is a very clear pattern emerging. A pattern of changing tactics, a pattern emerging of what could perhaps be described as an addiction. She gains self-worth through being one of the main characters in dealing with tragedy. She wants to be noticed more for her work and secondary gain is for being the unlucky one, “feel sorry for me”, but “I can manage all of this”. A pattern emerging here…she is becoming more manipulative, callous and impulsive!!

The pattern is emerging and I wonder if she meets the following characteristics …..low vulnerability, low self-consciousness, low anxiousness, fearlessness, boldness, assertiveness and dominance. PSYCHOPATH 😠

This to me is not about looking for a pattern in relation to this precious babies. Step into her shoes, that is where the pattern is. This is about her ☹
So very well put

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Haha, think that was me talking about the cute aggression theory. Tbh back then, I too was just speculating and trying to find a reason. Now I realise I haven't a clue why she does what she does.

Still cute aggression is a fascinating theory in general.
Yes!! "cute aggression" thats it!! Thank you 😂

Yeah I don't think it is the explanation here either but it seems more plausible to me now than it did back then!!

Reactions: 3
From the prosecution:
The overfeeding "doesn't happen by accident," Mr Johnson told the court. He added similar cases will be heard with other babies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Absolutely

When you think about it set out like that it’s truly is horrific isn’t it 💔
It truly doesn't bare thinking about.
She survived the worst odds & then danced with evil.
My twin 2 has cerebral palsy (prematurity related), but not to this degree, her parents and her have been on my mind all evening. Baby G truly is a miracle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Then on the 21st September when she got back from Arrow Park (where she got better), the same thing happened again (overfeeding) and this baby was left disabled.

When Lucy finished her shift after this event she searched for baby G’s parents on Facebook. Then straight after that she searched the parents of E and F. Then the parents of baby I.
The so very obvious links to these parents🤢, that at that point should actually not have any links at all. The Fb searches when carried out in these patterns and aren’t supposed to be linked at this time are sooooooo sinister

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You may well be correct, but I don’t think it’s been established that it couldn’t be a mistake. Somebody said the insulin incident could have been put down to a mistake and if that can be possible then it’s definitely possible to over feed a baby imo
Beyond reasonable doubt, or ‘sure so you have no realistic doubts’ as a Judge has to explain to the jury now.
Doubts have have to logically apply to the evidence and be considered with reason and common sense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
B02AAC30-B25D-4E12-8E8F-045035DF6D81.jpeg

She’s contradicting herself here isn’t she? She had seen the baby vomiting and then can’t recall it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Are we really saying nurses can’t make mistakes? Come on now, I’m sure there’s protocol for a lot of things in life and mistake still happen in all sorts of professions, just a hypothetical scenario I’m not any sort of expert but given the retrospective taking of notes I think it’s possible for feeds to not be documented and done twice accidentally. Again not saying that’s what I think happened just a scenario off the top of my head I’m sure there are millions of way a mistake like that could happen
I think you’re underestimating how precise the care is for these babies. It’s not like your Nana being in hospital, getting her jug of water refilled every 6 hours, her mash and sweetcorn scraped in the bin if she only eats her fish fingers, and meds on the ward round twice a day. They are in intensive care, they are under constant watch (sadly this is sometimes LL), every single thing about their care is documented, their medication, their feeds, their oxygen, every time they’re handled, every single thing that goes in their bodies and comes out of their bodies is measured and documented. If they were typing notes as things happen they would never be off a screen.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So do you think she made this same mistake 3 times? There are 3 attempted murder charges for this baby. All overfeeding and air.
It's also important to remember that she was highly trained, qualified and experienced nurse. She was some trainee who didn't know her knee from her elbow.

She wouldn't be making those "mistakes".

• Heart
No, you wouldn't have. That's exactly the point. It's incorrect causation - and also the point Dr Bohin made for baby C and pneumonia.

Dr Bohin said: "I think he died with his pneumonia, not because of his pneumonia"

Those were the charges read out by the prosecution in the opening statement.

Air embolus was their wording, not mine.
It’s air (or feed) bolus via ng tube we’re talking about here. Maybe an error in reporting.

Reactions: 7
It truly doesn't bare thinking about.
She survived the worst odds & then danced with evil.
My twin 2 has cerebral palsy (prematurity related), but not to this degree, her parents and her have been on my mind all evening. Baby G truly is a miracle.
One of the round ups today said the dad was quoted as saying “she was a little fighter”. I knew G was going to be a difficult one, but when it’s set out like this it’s really incomprehensible that LL could inflict this level of cruelty on both that tiny wee fighter, but also the parents. She’s sick, joining in making the banner that day then a few hours later this🤢.

I’ve really struggled all day with this, so I honestly can’t imagine how hard it is for you and others that have been In similar situations (ofc minus the evil LL), it must be so very difficult for you all, there was a poster earlier that had said about their ivf and I honestly can’t imagine how you are all feeling tonight too. Hope you’ll be able to dip in and out as when you all feel up to it❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
@OldBlondie I won’t match your input on this but I’ll bring something helpful. Love your commitment to this thread and your posts. How would I word it….widening perception perhaps ❤
Thank you very much, for me the thing is once you see it all being down to the monster that is LL, you can’t unsee it. See you all tomorrow for what I’m sure will be another harrowing day.

Just last point for today, I’m glad the poor mum does not have to take the stand this time, at least she’s been spared that, I’m sure today was absolutely traumatising enough for her already. So at least for that I’m grateful tonight ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think you’re underestimating how precise the care is for these babies. It’s not like your Nana being in hospital, getting her jug of water refilled every 6 hours, her mash and sweetcorn scraped in the bin if she only eats her fish fingers, and meds on the ward round twice a day. They are in intensive care, they are under constant watch (sadly this is sometimes LL), every single thing about their care is documented, their medication, their feeds, their oxygen, every time they’re handled, every single thing that goes in their bodies and comes out of their bodies is measured and documented. If they were typing notes as things happen they would never be off a screen.
My son was in nicu so I owe his life to the staff they were great in my experience interestingly I actually spent a week sleeping in the NICU in the family room with my partner so I can appreciate the measures that are taken but it’s well established that the care in this hospital was below par to say the least, over feeding imo has to be more likely than say accidental insulin over dose

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had a few reply’s and don’t want to clog up the thread with 5 posts saying the same thing I’d tag you all but that’s long af, I don’t think you guys are seeing what I’m trying to say (my fault as I’m bad at explaining) but to have another stab at it. I understand that the child survived whilst the odds were stacked against her and to reach 100 days it was definitely a milestone which they thought early on that she wouldn’t reach, which gives a good reason for celebration. There can’t be many babies born under those circumstances that make it that far, I just think to suggest she deliberately harmed this baby purely based on the fact that she was 100 days old and people were celebrating is a real reach and it’s not explained why she then waits two weeks before having another crack at it. They are imo crow barring it into the charges and the 100 days thing is being used to back up there suspicions as a motive. And it’s weak if you ask me, it’s an attempt to play on the emotions of the jury and paint a picture of calculated evil but The prosecution promised a pattern would emerge and yet again we’re hearing of circumstance that are completely different to every other case, I think they’re damaging there argument here personally. as I said previously the 114th day fits the pattern perfectly.
It’s possible she’s innocent of the 100th day incident but guilty of the 114th day attacks.
I'm with you 100%. What was very notable today was there was lots of detail about the incident and absolutely no evidence of her involvement.
This is starting to be almost a carbon copy of the Lucia de Berk case, and we all know what happened there

Reactions: 2
Slingo, I’m logging off for tonight, but before I go, I really don’t understand your points/question tonight at all. They just seem as if you’re looking for an argument. The same thing has been gone over I don’t know how many times, yet you keep asking the same thing that many different posters have tried to answer for you. I really don’t understand what your question/point is. If it’s genuine then I’m confused as I say it’s been answered I don’t know how many times. And if it’s not genuine well, I’d just like to think that’s not the case at all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.