Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it can be trusted to be accurate.
And his levels rose again when the TPN was disconnected… and then dropped when it was back on and then rose again when the bag was removed…

The signature from her claiming his level was normal is a damming bit of evidence to be honest. If at an hour after the reading of 1.9, even if he had been given glucose, that would have been a hell of a jump from 1.9 to 2.9 if he had been following the patterns.
What an insightful point, this never occurred to me. I wonder if they've thought of this and is there any way it can be checked.

Reactions: 10
That makes sense, but the wording really makes it sound like he is conclusively saying both bags were contaminated. Might just be the way they have reported it though, and I guess might become clearer once e has given more evidence and after Ben cross examines.
Can’t wait for BM’s cross, thought him trying to suggest the sample might have been unusable to do with the freezing this morning was laughable tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Can more up-to-date people correct me if I’m wrong here please :)

I think syringe drivers alarm if you try to start an unprimed line (could be wrong as not used one for a couple of years, and always primed my lines!)

Which means you wouldn’t do that “in error” as the alarm would draw your attention to any honest omission and you’d be like oh ffs didn’t prime the line.

If I’m wrong I’m so sorry! I can picture the syringe driver keys keyring perfectly so have some recall!

You could silence the alarm and crack on, though.
I think docmum explained that you can override it, a few pages back she gave a good explanation on where she thought they were going with machines, I’m not medical so if I tried to repeat it I’d prob get it wrong 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
THIS! I even asked those voting NG on the poll to offer up who they think it was if not her & only one response saying oh just don’t want to believe it 🙄 the evidence is in black & white for all to see, she’s a murderer & I find it so uncomfortable that she’s got strangers fighting her corner just to be controversial on SM 🤢
I really think we should be respectful to all opinions. I have been mainly on the NG up until today. I was waiting to hear more objective evidence, which has come today. I think it is a broad statement to make that people are fighting her corner to be controversial.
Having people on both sides is what makes for a good educated discussion. Seeing things through he eyes of others is a skill. Anyway, thought I would intervene and get my opinion across because this thread has been so professional and informative. We don’t need to be disrespectful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Myers really does annoy me
he doesn’t really have anything to say 🤷🏻‍♀️
He just makes himself sound uneducated to be honest because he is clearly clutching at straws as he hasn’t got a leg to stand on.

I know a lot about diabetes, insulin & low blood sugars and he’s just making himself sound like an idiot.

Reactions: 10
0FFC5A31-34EC-4827-9713-AE1972E48EF5.jpeg

Damning evidence! Today has no doubt been a turning point for the jury. We are dealing with a psychopath!!!! Trying to cover her tracks. There is absolutely no other reasonable explanation ❤

Reactions: 22
He just makes himself sound uneducated to be honest because he is clearly clutching at straws as he hasn’t got a leg to stand on.

I know a lot about diabetes, insulin & low blood sugars and he’s just making himself sound like an idiot.
He’s an idiot fella 🤣

In all seriousness though I always can’t help BM has something up his sleeve yet, but some of this defence has felt weak, such as the freezing non issue today. Will be interesting hearing the rest of his cross with Prof, I really don’t see how he’s going to be able anything on this one though

View attachment 1759398
Damning evidence! Today has no doubt been a turning point for the jury. We are dealing with a psychopath!!!! Trying to cover her tracks. There is absolutely no other reasonable explanation ❤
I’m convinced she’s a psychopath, there are some tell tail signs, and I just can’t believe anyone other than a psychopath could possibly inflict this literal pain and torture on tiny little babies. I’ve no doubt she’s going to be the worst, most evil SK ever in the uk 🤢 and no prison sentence could ever be enough for her, I hope they make her life hell in there, just like she’s done to so many families. Still won’t bring the precious babies back, and I’m sure every one of the families will have to continue to live with this for the rest of their lives, I only hope this will help them move forward, and get the further help they may need to do that. And her colleagues, they’re lives will never be the same. So much ruin and devastation and destruction, all from this one monster. She’s depraved

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
On this it says he was contact by the police . I wonder is this when they first started thinking something was suspicious or was this later down the line . I’m interested to see when and why Lucy was changed to admin duty’s .
agree. I’m waiting for this too. You probably can see where I am worried that the results could have been delayed in getting to the unit within their context if baby had improved and been stepped down etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And just to give people an idea for those that think NICU is a death sentence…

A 24 week prem baby has about a 60% chance of surviving

A 27 week prem baby has about 89%

A 31 week prem baby has about 95%

This is from Tommy’s if anyone wants to look, but it just gives people an idea for those who don’t know much about premature babies. Most of the babies at the countess were 30 weeks+

just because they were premature, it does not mean they were going to die.
this post is very relflective of how I felt musing over things with my cuppa first thing, thank you for these stats. I said last night about how much yesterday floored me and I realised this morning it’s because I have changed my ‘vision’ of someone sneakily harming very sick babies, to someone having a premeditated mission to murder resilient little miracles during a 12 hour window no matter what.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Well BM’s cross didn’t exactly set the world on fire did it. I really don’t think he’s anywhere to go on this one. Think today is going to be a major turning point in this trial. And again thanks so much to the two posters (@docmum and @mRsKbRoOkS)that had given us all the info on insulin and peptides etc. made listening to evidence so much easier, when you understand what they’re talking about, and the relevance

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Genuine question- no need for angry faces, I might just be being a bit thick!
youre absolutely right. It’s about proving the stuff between the lines, proving the pattern and the ‘coincidences’. Reflective of how the case evidence is set out as I think they’ll try to prove incidents and patterns then knuckle down to more specifics later. Could be wrong.
I totally support your opinion, I do wonder if as evidence builds a picture for the court then you might see what I mean about reading between the lines and connecting the cases together.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Genuine question- no need for angry faces, I might just be being a bit thick!
Huge apologies. Because your name is quite memorable, I’ve noticed a few of your likes on here before, my BS alarm bells were ringing and I thought you were posing the question to be inflammatory. If that’s my mistake and you’d missed things, sorry.

Does anyone else find the Facebook group unsettling? They are talking about deceased and now permanently disabled babies in quite a matter of fact manner. The TPN bag is the final nail for LL for me. Someone did that. If she didn't, then who now? But the group is explaining it away as if they know more than a fully fledged endocrinologist. She was the one with previous so to speak, so clearly it's her. We all know this. Yes she is due a fair trial but come on. I worry for the families with that group when she is found guilty. I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way?

Reactions: 5
THIS! I even asked those voting NG on the poll to offer up who they think it was if not her & only one response saying oh just don’t want to believe it 🙄 the evidence is in black & white for all to see, she’s a murderer & I find it so uncomfortable that she’s got strangers fighting her corner just to be controversial on SM 🤢
But that's your opinion based on the evidence you have seen so far, none of which is evidence for the defence. I don't understand why you feel uncomfortable about others not sharing your opinion, and I'm not sure what you mean by "Strangers fighting her corner". Aren't you just a stranger doing the opposite?

• Heart
Wow

76709285-46ED-4EB8-B347-12E9B752ECC4.jpeg

Also was just thinking, yes some real problems on the unit no disputing that. But sometimes these doctors/consultants are looking slightly incompetent as the babies are being treated by the meds/plans suggested by them. They think it’s down to one particular thing (such as infection) so treat accordingly. The baby doesn’t respond so the doctors don’t know what’s going on, try another few treatments, baby still gets worse/doesn’t respond. The reason they’re not responding/getting worse isn’t because the doctors don’t know what they’re doing, or failing to do the right thing; it’s because they’re literally fighting an unknown evil force. BM is able to play on this making many of the medics look as if they don’t know what they’re doing. How could they possibly ever have known (at this point) that all these babies are under attack by one of their own, they’d never comprehend that. Their skills definitely saved many of these babies from the evil unknown harm of LL, and if it wasn’t for their skills there could have been far more deaths

This was all one big sick twisted game to her, and I really do feel for the colleagues too, looking back now and realising what was actually going on this whole time must be awful for them, I’m sure many are traumatised, and again it’s the ultimate betrayal of their trust too.

Now they finally know what they were actually up against, they are probably able to make sense of why their treatments were not helping, and it all makes sense retrospectively for them. They can come to the right conclusion on the cause of the collapses and things that were so odd at the time, that they didn’t understand that all makes sense now, why they are now being able to make sense of the readings all being totally abnormal, it’s like it all clicks together now for them.

Just so unbelievable that LL got away with it for as long as she did, she was so crafty and used so much to her advantage. I think today has shown how manipulative she was, changing records, and trying to steer the thinking of her colleagues (that we’re starting to realise something wasn’t quite right), away from any deliberate harm and trying to make them think it was all natural causes. The manipulation and deviousness is going to become even more apparent in the next few cases, I really think today is such a massive turning point. Suddenly all the little things that individually you can kind of explain away or seemed innocent, take a very sinister turn and it becomes so more apparent that there’s nothing innocent about LL 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
If it’s ok, I’ll post my understanding re the pumps after today in court has ended. The evidence with the reporting is flying in and I noted stuff late last night I missed yesterday. Plus I’m watching football with one eye and this with the other. Let’s see where they go re the pumps today - I will try to respond to the question raised though.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.