Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Queue - he doesn’t have to prove who it was, only cast doubt. Oh jolly good, let’s ignore everything pointing to the fact it very clearly is her then 😵💫 and just keep saying it alllll could have been someone else or something else every single time. No reasonable doubt to me. Just unreasonable doubt 😅
Two different murderers on one unit, what’s the chances? Unluckiest nurse in the world LL, that is so unlucky to be present for every single one of these 22 charges, and another mysterious poisoner that is only there for the 2 insulin ones, hmmmm that makes loads of sense🙄 Also what happens when near enough the exact same thing happens again with L&M🤔🤔🤔 (only the next time she gives a much higher dose😩)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So Facebook people are saying it is foul play but not Lucy . A nurse has mixed it up but not Lucy .
seems it’s everybody else’s fault but Lucy

let’s just say she didn’t kill the babies then why are people blaming everybody else but Lucy ? 🤷🏻‍♀️
BIB - but who has mixed it up? They said no-one on neonatal or the children's ward had been prescribed insulin that day or the day before. So what? A nurse from another ward got off the lift at the wrong floor, saw a baby and went "yeah, this looks like Brenda that this insulin in my pocket was prescribed for...".

Everyone in court agrees it wasn't an accident, someone did it intentionally, and years of investigation leads them to believe it was LL.

So weird that people in the facebook groups would be wanting to defend her, I can understand wanting to stay on the fence until the thing is over, but come on people!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I still don’t think it’s just (another) coincidence that she started killing (allegedly) again, right after child A’s review as soon as she was back from hols, I think reliving that gives her a high, the same as the texts 🤢
I keep hoping they cover the holidays and how long she was off to see if it tallies with the gap in incidents

Reactions: 8
I keep hoping they cover the holidays and how long she was off to see if it tallies with the gap in incidents
And whether she did indeed go to Oceans with ma and pa.

BIB - but who has mixed it up? They said no-one on neonatal or the children's ward had been prescribed insulin that day or the day before. So what? A nurse from another ward got off the lift at the wrong floor, saw a baby and went "yeah, this looks like Brenda that this insulin in my pocket was prescribed for...".

Everyone in court agrees it wasn't an accident, someone did it intentionally, and years of investigation leads them to believe it was LL.

So weird that people in the facebook groups would be wanting to defend her, I can understand wanting to stay on the fence until the thing is over, but come on people!
Just one big unlucky coincidence that they find out that behind the scenes she was Facebook stalking these parents, every month for months on end, in the middle of the night, Xmas day. Can’t remember much about them though or why she was doing that 😅

Reactions: 18
Was with my close nurse friend today and apart from saying she was shattered that was as much work chat as she was after. I didn’t text my colleagues about the children I worked with constantly if much at all and I was having to do work at home all the time! They are often telling her to switch off 😬 yes I bet a whole new light for them now.
I had lunch with my nurse friend today and all we talked about was work 😂 she's off sick and I'm on maternity so she was filling me in on all our frequent patients. We're both workaholics and frequently call each other on days off to complain/update on stuff. Some people hate it tho.

I had lunch with my nurse friend today and all we talked about was work 😂 she's off sick and I'm on maternity so she was filling me in on all our frequent patients. We're both workaholics and frequently call each other on days off to complain/update on stuff. Some people hate it tho.
Oh when I was with my teacher friend, who was mt best friend, of course we talked about work lots. I wouldn’t text colleagues constantly about work though no. I think there’s a hell of a lot more to the case than her texts and whether she can simply be classed as a workaholic though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hasn't there only been the 3 explanations for the insulin given by the prosecution - so I'm presuming along the line the defence will perhaps give explanations of what they think happened?

As far as I understood the question in the police interview, it was hypothetical that the insulin was in the bag, and that couldn't have been accidental. Although, it's not confirmed it was in the bag. It's all a big head mess.

Reactions: 5
When I worked in a specific setting, me and my team would text a lot outside of work hours, because we wanted to get it right for the people we were working with. We'd brainstorm different ideas - send each other Pinterest boards/ideas, tag in Facebook posts, because we were constantly trying to get better, get it right for us all. I don't think it's that unusual.

Not having anyone prescribed it wouldn't necessarily mean a drugs error wasn't possible. I once had to march a nurse back into the meds room after she prepared 50mg procyclidine rather than 50mg promethazine for IM 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Not saying that's what I think happened BTW, but I'm forever surprised by the level of incompetence of some professionals.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Not having anyone prescribed it wouldn't necessarily mean a drugs error wasn't possible. I once had to march a nurse back into the meds room after she prepared 50mg procyclidine rather than 50mg promethazine 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Not saying that's what I think happened BTW, but I'm forever surprised by the level of incompetence of some professionals.
Over prescribed, wrong patient, in a totally and utterly inappropriate method is a big stretch though isn’t it. And then of course it happens again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They're f*cking bonkers, like this wasn't a consideration at the very outset of the investigation....seriously they boil my piss!
There's an apparent very highly qualified and seemingly knowledgeable nicu nurse on there defending her to the hilt too...🙄
Sure they are 😂😂 people can be such bareface liers 🙄

Reactions: 4
The thing is it comes back to that her defence is she’s just super unlucky and it’s all a bad coincidence.

I maintain she’s utterly evil and deranged

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Without all the deceased babies and at babies at deaths door incidents on your shift, being dedicated to your job doesn’t mean a lot. Harold Shipman was described as dedicated too. Sometimes it is normal and sometimes it isn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Over prescribed, wrong patient, in a totally and utterly inappropriate method is a big stretch though isn’t it. And then of course it happens again.
Totally what nearly happened with this nurse I worked with. She was ready to give the wrong drug in a much higher dose to the patient because she was flustered during the restraint. I only noticed cos she had more than one needle and pulled her aside before she administered 🤦‍♀️. Again, not saying I think that's what happened here.

Reactions: 2

The bit that I don’t get, is if people accept it was deliberate (which at this point most people do, including even LL who eventually accepted it as being deliberate), but say it wasn’t LL that did it, then who is it going to be that did it the next time (child M).

At this point is there going to be suggestions that there’s now 3 murderers running about the unit🤷🏼‍♀️.

For once there couldn’t have been negligence that did this, so it’s no longer IF someone murderered/attempted to murder a baby it’s WHO. Once it’s established there’s an attempted baby murderer on that unit it’s very hard to overlook the same nurse that is on duty for all 22 charges, and has direct access to every single one of the babies just before collapse. It’s already been stated that there was no other medical staff that was on duty for all of these collapses/deaths so it has to be the one same person LL.

This is the problem with conceding that an attempted murder has now taken place without dispute, or the doubt it could be down to negligence. Once it’s definite there is a murderer, it definitely casts a very different light on what we have heard for A-E so far, removing some of the benefit of the doubts that was given to LL each time

Totally what nearly happened with this nurse I worked with. She was ready to give the wrong drug in a much higher dose to the patient because she was flustered during the restraint. I only noticed cos she had more than one needle and pulled her aside before she administered 🤦‍♀️. Again, not saying I think that's what happened here.
Sorry it doesn’t sound similar at all- presumably she confused them because the written word is very close? Was the baby prescribed a drug called something similar to insulin that had to be put into the TPN?

• Heart
When was child e last given insulin does anybody know? (The twin of child f who passed the day before)
Dr Thomas noted it starting on the 3rd, not sure how long it was prescribed for tho only skimmed the wiki.
@OldBlondie I think you missed the point of my last post on last thread, i didn't say at any point it wasn't synthetic insulin, not sure where you got that from.

The witness statements reflect how they feel about it now, not necessarily how it was viewed at the time. It may have been viewed as accidental/never event therefore not escalated appropriately. I am giving the hospital the benefit of the doubt with that, rather then them just brushing it away.

Hence why I think it may have been looked in to internally at the time, which we will soon see in the trial anyway, if that was the case in either prosecution or defences argument 🤷‍♀️ not arguing innocent or guilty points, just an opinion.

Reactions: 1
The thing is it comes back to that her defence is she’s just super unlucky and it’s all a bad coincidence.

I maintain she’s utterly evil and deranged
Couldn’t agree more

Dr Thomas noted it starting on the 3rd, not sure how long it was prescribed for tho only skimmed the wiki.
@OldBlondie I think you missed the point of my last post on last thread, i didn't say at any point it wasn't synthetic insulin, not sure where you got that from.

The witness statements reflect how they feel about it now, not necessarily how it was viewed at the time. It may have been viewed as accidental/never event therefore not escalated appropriately. I am giving the hospital the benefit of the doubt with that, rather then them just brushing it away.

Hence why I think it may have been looked in to internally at the time, which we will soon see in the trial anyway, if that was the case in either prosecution or defences argument 🤷‍♀️ not arguing innocent or guilty points, just an opinion.
Sorry must have missed your point completely then. I thought it was proven it couldn’t have been accidental, so didn’t understand the relevance of how that would be linked with an internal review and lack of cross today. No doubt BM knows exactly what he’s doing though, and there is some reason he decided not to cross today. Very strange though given how much he’s crossed other witnesses including the mum before today

Ehh, what the hell is this? I’m not getting the med administration bit.

View attachment 1757452
Might be wrong here but my interpretation.. It comes down to basically having tit staffing level overnight where at times when nurses are on breaks or can’t leave the cot, there isn’t a second person to sign for an infusion. What will be done is the drug chart will be left with a prescribed fluid bag on top, with the batch number/expiry date and signature by the day nurse who has checked the bag but not opened the sealed cover, so the night nurse can then just sign individually for the same bag and start it going without having to delay etc. I need to stress that these will be simple fluid bags and nothing with added medications from when the day nurse left. Also, only from what I’ve seen in practice and safely done imo. Have checked and signed for fluids at night myself where nurses haven’t had support. Not suggesting recommended practice. Disclaimer after disclaimer..!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.