Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, what a comment for a baby that’s improving, that anyone else would be delighted to hear is improving. Ugh she’s honestly so sick. When you actually sit and think of it like that 😩
It’s almost like its not the news she wanted . I’m certain she wanted baby F to die

I’m so glad the parents got him far away from that unit . I just wish she was caught sooner 😓

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Group I'm on are adamant its all down to bad hospital practices and negligence across the trust, not LL. After today, I'm struggling to see how anyone can think this baby at least, was not intentional?
This is the thing thought isn’t it, if you concede that there has been an intentional poisoning (which everyone knows there deffo has), then you also have to concede there’s a murderer on the unit. So it becomes a case of not if, but who. And who else was present for all 22 charges. Don’t know how BM is/can going to play this one

But she left her own designated child even the nurse higher than her told her off over it so she clearly wasn’t just a nice nurse who really cared for her patients
Exactly this! Blows BM’s picture of a caring loving nurse out the water

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is the thing thought isn’t it, if you concede that there has been an intentional poisoning (which everyone knows there deffo has), then you also have to concede there’s a murderer on the unit. So it becomes a case of not if, but who. And who else was present for all 22 charges. Don’t know how BM is/can going to play this one
Well I guess because she’s not there caught by somebody, holding a syringe and manically laughing with hands in claws around her face… 🙄 let’s just let everyone off this kind of crime 😅 set a good example 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am surprised that the insulin levels weren’t investigated given that they were ‘on a bad run’ with the amount of deaths and collapses there has been within a couple of months. Nurses were already commenting it was odd so I would be interested to know what was said once the levels came back unless the nurses weren’t made aware.

I also wonder if Lucy’s texts at Salsa was her waiting for news of his collapse.
without meaning to sound crude, ‘runs’ tend to happen which can be influenced by so much from the weather to the daily fail reporting some BS that makes people stop or change medication/habits. This is pre pandemic anyway. When you think of how many nurses cumulatively cover the unit for 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, they have a huge staff resource and the same day person won’t take over the same night person, x might be off sick so they have agency staff in… I’m being very much generalised here. Once the insulin levels here were known, this incident becomes probably the most serious incident the trust has had for some time. And I do mean that over the deaths that have been discussed - not disrespectfully - but because these were thought to have answers to them at the time, whereas the insulin is a never event.
i can see a very sinister turn In the case today, relating to where people and actions will seem different after the insulin/c-pep levels come to be known - definitely after the next insulin-harmed baby is presented.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can any medical people help to clarify - the level of insulin in baby F was 4,657, and in the case of one of Beverly Allitts victims, it was recorded as 43,147 (and said to be a full adult syringe).

What volume of insulin would be needed to get a reading of the lower level? What syringe sizes/vial sizes does insulin come in?
I’m not medical, more psychological but I am type 1 diabetic. Not very much insulin would be required. For example, if I take 10 units of fast acting insulin which is 0.01ml it will drop my sugars by 2. Therefore, if I had a blood glucose level of 10 and wanted it to go to 6 I would take 20 units (0.02ml). A baby would need a lot less, and even less if not a neonate.

The symptoms baby F reportedly had are completely in sync with insulin poisoning. What bothers me is the fact the blood glucose levels went to such a critically low level and that checks appeared to be hourly. Checks should have been every 15 minutes to monitor changes/increase glucose.

Reactions: 20
Just can’t wrap my head around the incidents with baby E and F
utterly heartbreaking 💔 they didn’t stand a chance I’m so glad baby F survived but they will forever grown up wondering why a nurse took his sibling and it could have been them aswell 😓 those parents will be traumatised they will never trust a health professionals again and I don’t blame them .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Well I guess because she’s not there caught by somebody, holding a syringe and manically laughing with hands in claws around her face… 🙄 let’s just let everyone off this kind of crime 😅 set a good example 😬
I think a lot of people, and probably including myself at the beginning, do not realise what murder in healthcare looks like. It’s different from how you perceive a “typical” murder case will go, what evidence the police are specifically looking for in this kind of crime, how circumstantial evidence is everything. I think once you realise what murder in health care actually looks like, it changes your whole view on certain evidence you’re hearing, cos you realise that’s the exact kind of evidence you need to hear for murders like these. And yes if she is responsible for these deaths she has to be found guilty and punished, or how easy would it be for HSK to carry on, knowing already how much easier it is to get away with and prove, than your “typical” murder

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am so confused by this. Nurses, when off duty, have to text the other nurses to make sure only the dose they’ve signed for is administered?
independent decision by the single department lead in this particular hospital if so, can’t help there I’m afraid. Legally - absofeckinglutelynot.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Just can’t wrap my head around the incidents with baby E and F
utterly heartbreaking 💔 they didn’t stand a chance I’m so glad baby F survived but they will forever grown up wondering why a nurse took his sibling and it could have been them aswell 😓 those parents will be traumatised they will never trust a health professionals again and I don’t blame them .
Same, it’s the parents for E too, I haven’t been able to get the mum out my head, especially after listening to the podcast. How must the mum feel sitting knowing she was right that night about E, but listened and trusted LL. Having to listen to the experts say that LL physically hurt her baby so badly he was heavily bleeding. The fact she even thanked LL, she must be so traumatised having to sit and listen to all this, thinking about the fact that LL went after both her babies, especially after seeing the mum’s total devastation after E, and then still went after F. The fact it was LL did the memory box which is now forever tainted, and letting her bath the baby, she must be sick to her stomach hearing and thinking about it. And now having to listen to the FB searches that were made for her too. That mum must be totally traumatised at the minute listening to all this, it makes me sick so what’s it like for her 😔😩

And we will hear this all over again more less for L&M💔 and of course all the other awful evil things she did to the babies between F and L. There’s some really traumatic stuff coming up from G onwards, there’s a real shift in her cruelty

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
In a way I hope the surviving children are protected to a certain degree from knowing what happened to them.
In the Beverly Allit documentary I watched there was a victim in her 20s/30s who was absolutely terrified she would come back for her and she suffered terribly from knowing what happened to her.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
In a way I hope the surviving children are protected to a certain degree from knowing what happened to them.
In the Beverly Allit documentary I watched there was a victim in her 20s/30s who was absolutely terrified she would come back for her and she suffered terribly from knowing what happened to her.
Oh it was awful. I think they should have protected her a bit better from knowing what had happened to her. I’m not sure she needed to know but maybe that is patronising of me to say. Poor lady. Poor poor family too.

• Sad
When was child e last given insulin does anybody know? (The twin of child f who passed the day before)

I am so confused by this. Nurses, when off duty, have to text the other nurses to make sure only the dose they’ve signed for is administered?
As a nurse you don’t sign for something if you aren’t there or the one administrating the medication. In 15 years practice I’ve never seen this before. It’s bad practice and could lead to her defence

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
When was child e last given insulin does anybody know? (The twin of child f who passed the day before)
Not anywhere close enough for him to have been mistaken for child F or for the dose to have been that wrong or for it to have been administered in that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have to agree on LL's texts. I can think of two occasions where myself and my colleagues have texted after a shift about what happened: once was a particularly tough shift where there had been a lot of incidents and it was just a 'Hey hope you're okay, keep your head up'. The other was when we found out that one of our former patients had, months after discharge, unfortunately taken their own life. Staff and patients were devastated and it was a really emotional day. Again, the text was along the lines of 'Look after yourself tonight'.

The amount that LL texts about work matters is honestly bizarre. I also didn't realise until I started listening to the Mail podcast that it's often minutes after her shift ends. To me it feels like she's trying to prolong the high of what she's done: she kills or hurts the baby and then texts her colleagues all about to keep the moment fresh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Trying to see this from the people who think she’s not guilty . So child F was poisoned they all agree on that . Now people are saying Lucy didn’t do it but somebody else must have done it ok fine . people also saying she didn’t do it somebody else must have and she wasn’t on shift or looking after baby F she only signed a bag for baby F .

anybody explain this please ? And also if it wasn’t Lucy who they think it was and why

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Trying to see this from the people who think she’s not guilty . So child F was poisoned they all agree on that . Now people are saying Lucy didn’t do it but somebody else must have done it ok fine . people also saying she didn’t do it somebody else must have and she wasn’t on shift or looking after baby F she only signed a bag for baby F .

anybody explain this please ? And also if it wasn’t Lucy who they think it was and why
Queue - he doesn’t have to prove who it was, only cast doubt. Oh jolly good, let’s ignore everything pointing to the fact it very clearly is her then 😵💫 and just keep saying it alllll could have been someone else or something else every single time. No reasonable doubt to me. Just unreasonable doubt 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
I have to agree on LL's texts. I can think of two occasions where myself and my colleagues have texted after a shift about what happened: once was a particularly tough shift where there had been a lot of incidents and it was just a 'Hey hope you're okay, keep your head up'. The other was when we found out that one of our former patients had, months after discharge, unfortunately taken their own life. Staff and patients were devastated and it was a really emotional day. Again, the text was along the lines of 'Look after yourself tonight'.

The amount that LL texts about work matters is honestly bizarre. I also didn't realise until I started listening to the Mail podcast that it's often minutes after her shift ends. To me it feels like she's trying to prolong the high of what she's done: she kills or hurts the baby and then texts her colleagues all about to keep the moment fresh.
I still don’t think it’s just (another) coincidence that she started killing (allegedly) again, right after child A’s review as soon as she was back from hols, I think reliving that gives her a high, the same as the texts 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.