Lucy Letby Case #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I truly believe someone is guilty and at the moment everything points to Lucy.

A lot of money and time has been spent on this case and I’m pretty sure that they wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t feel like they could get a conviction and if they didn’t feel it was in the public interest.

It is an emotive case. I don’t have children and I don’t want them, but I can’t even imagine the absolute heartache of having your poor baby snatched away from you in such a cruel way. It makes me feel physically sick listening to the evidence and I am so angry for these parents.

People can disagree with me that’s fine. I’m happy to listen to the defence, but I’m not sure that they’ll have anything that will change my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If someone can comment “I can’t believe people still find her innocent, I’m worried these people are on the jury” then it stands to reason that others will feel the same way about those who would lock her up and throw away the key without even hearing her defence. I’d worry about people like that being on a jury. And before anybody starts, I’m talking in general and well aware we aren’t on the jury for this case.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If someone can comment “I can’t believe people still find her innocent, I’m worried these people are on the jury” then it stands to reason that others will feel the same way about those who would lock her up and throw away the key without even hearing her defence. I’d worry about people like that being on a jury. And before anybody starts, I’m talking in general and well aware we aren’t on the jury for this case.
This is exactly what I’m saying.

Reactions: 8
I truly believe someone is guilty and at the moment everything points to Lucy.

A lot of money and time has been spent on this case and I’m pretty sure that they wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t feel like they could get a conviction and if they didn’t feel it was in the public interest.

It is an emotive case. I don’t have children and I don’t want them, but I can’t even imagine the absolute heartache of having your poor baby snatched away from you in such a cruel way. It makes me feel physically sick listening to the evidence and I am so angry for these parents.

People can disagree with me that’s fine. I’m happy to listen to the defence, but I’m not sure that they’ll have anything that will change my mind.
As she is a potential baby killer then she absolutely must be brought to (a fair) trial. Regardless of the money and time it costs. There is no alternative.

Reactions: 14
It's an emotive case for starters. And it's also a complicated one as there's no hard evidence such as cctv footage catching anyone in the act.
It's all pieces of evidence taking from various sources combined with circumstances and anomalies.
It's bound to cause a bit of a divide in opinions.

Personally I think she's guilty and I don't say that lightly. I'm aware there's a lot more to come over the coming months and I'm very open to hearing the defence and changing my mind if applicable.

It's a case of agreeing to disagree at this point. Those believing she's guilty, those non guilty and those unsure. We don't all have to sing from the same sheet, but we should all respect others perspectives and opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As she is a potential baby killer then she absolutely must be brought to (a fair) trial. Regardless of the money and time it costs. There is no alternative.
Yes I know. What I’m saying is that if they didn’t believe there was solid evidence of foul play and solid evidence of the culprit, then they wouldn’t have continued with investigation as it would have just collapsed.

Reactions: 6
Yes I know. What I’m saying is that if they didn’t believe there was solid evidence of foul play and solid evidence of the culprit, then they wouldn’t have continued with investigation as it would have just collapsed.
Yeh, sorry, I was pointing out the obvious.
Seems to me everything has been put into investigating this case thoroughly, as it should be. What could be more important?

Reactions: 7
Yeh, sorry, I was pointing out the obvious.
Seems to me everything has been put into investigating this case thoroughly, as it should be. What could be more important?
Yeah it’s not an easy one to prove and if she did this and she gets convicted then they’ve done a brilliant job on what is a difficult case.

Reactions: 7
Has it? Because yesterday I literally got torn apart for saying we should stick to the rules of tattle and not get the thread banned?

At no point did I ever say ‘ugh you haven’t even heard the defence you morons’ and I’ve never attacked anyones intelligence either so why are you saying that?
Ah come on, torn apart? I didn’t notice anything much tbh. There’s disagreements sometimes, I wouldn’t worry. I didn’t say that you had said that, it’s a regular occurrence on the thread though. I think honestly try not to feel this way about comments on here. I’ve been called a bleep and a morherfucker if that helps 🤣💞

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When I listened to the podcast for baby E they mentioned the defence were going to be bringing their own medical expert witness so I am keen to hear what they do say for some of the cases. I think it would have to be something pretty major to sway me at this point though but interested to hear it nonetheless

Reactions: 15
interesting! But if CS do not have enough reporters/time to enable daily live reporting then how are they going to find the time to manage a Facebook group too!

Also is this actually a reminder as I’ve never ever seen this before?!

C8C5AF20-0542-4ECF-9F37-FE89E9D8EB15.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Merail

So yesterday/last night/ early hours of this morning I was a birthing partner. I’ve been awake now for 30 hours, not long home, baby is perfect ❤, though the labour wasn’t without complications . This is probably the last thing I should be catching up on without any sleep, just getting into bed now.

Anyway in relation to the trial, for the first time in my life I analysed and scrutinised (silently) the medical staff. I didn’t instantly trust them. It is very sad really because I’ve realised that because of what letby has allegedly done people will absolutely be more wary of medical professionals. The midwife’s were all absolutely fantastic and by the end my wariness eased but I didn’t have that instant blind faith and trust like I’ve had before 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I have tried looking at this from every angle you can imagine. I’ve tried to entertain the thought of her being innocent, and looking at ways to support that.

But when I do, I always come back to the same conclusion: she has to be guilty.

She’s been charged with 7 murders and 10 attacks - there’s no smoke without fire, and the insulin cases are what seals it for me.

The defence is offering the ‘best’ angle for her innocence. And all they keep saying is the babies were sick, it was multiple failings and someone else did the insulin.

That just doesn’t wash with me.

To believe there was someone else there, killing babies trying to frame Lucy, it stretches credibility beyond its limits.

This poisoner suddenly decided to attack two babies, but has now stopped because…well, we don’t know why, they’ve just stopped.

Yes she is entitled to a fair trial, as was Shipman, but I really do believe the ‘she’s innocent’ brigade are only saying this because of how she LOOKS. Its called ‘lookism’ and we humans are very talented at it.

I say that if we had an old, short, fat, balding man in the dock instead of Letby, there wouldn’t be a single person protesting his innocence. The Facebook Mob Groups would not exist either.

You can’t judge a book by its cover.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ah come on, torn apart? I didn’t notice anything much tbh. There’s disagreements sometimes, I wouldn’t worry. I didn’t say that you had said that, it’s a regular occurrence on the thread though. I think honestly try not to feel this way about comments on here. I’ve been called a bleep and a morherfucker if that helps 🤣💞
Yeah idk, someone literally called me woke and offended just for simply asking if we could not get the thread banned. That is arguably petty.
This isn’t aimed at you in particular but at this point I’m dipping out of this thread for a whole. It’s the anniversary of my best friends death tomorrow and maybe it’s making me super sensitive, but to me this thread does just feel a bit bitchy and snipey at the moment.
I don’t usually get arsed by anything anyone says on a gossip site and idgaf if people think I’m an idiot and hate my posts, but this topic in particular is super emotive and it just seems like people are getting off on sniping at eachother and it’s just not nice to keep reading.
I hope to come back at some point as I genuinely enjoy reading peoples poste on here, but for now peace out and stay safe everyone ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 14
**breathes a sigh of relief that my post re hypo screen/insulin/c-peptides is reflected in what the jury are hearing** (I have massive imposter syndrome) 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah idk, someone literally called me woke and offended just for simply asking if we could not get the thread banned. That is arguably petty.
This isn’t aimed at you in particular but at this point I’m dipping out of this thread for a whole. It’s the anniversary of my best friends death tomorrow and maybe it’s making me super sensitive, but to me this thread does just feel a bit bitchy and snipey at the moment.
I don’t usually get arsed by anything anyone says on a gossip site and idgaf if people think I’m an idiot and hate my posts, but this topic in particular is super emotive and it just seems like people are getting off on sniping at eachother and it’s just not nice to keep reading.
I hope to come back at some point as I genuinely enjoy reading peoples poste on here, but for now peace out and stay safe everyone ✌
I saw the post you’re referring to and it wasn’t fair. Your point was valid and the reply did seem disproportionate to the point you’d raised.

I hope you’re ok. Anniversaries are never easy. Hope to see you back soon.

• Heart
If it helps, I feel the same and I agree with all your points. I’ve had a bereavement very recently myself and had to stop reading for a bit. Take it easy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
be kind to yourself this weekend. Sounds unimaginably tough. But please come back to the thread, your insight is valued even if people aren’t agreeing. Can guarantee at the summing up point of the trial there’ll still be people of all opinions here. That’s why there’s such a large number on a jury I suppose. Take care for now ❤

• Heart
Someone might have said it before but this kind of feels like you know in soaps when they have serial killers and everyone's watching the TV saying oh come on how have they not been caught yet? Like at the time, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Does BM always play fair when you hear some of the insinuations he makes to the expert witnesses, the comments made to the parents about their timings being wrong etc and the upset caused to the families having to listen to it. Can this highly educated man really believe her to be NG of all these accusations.
So you think people don’t deserve a fair trial just in case the questioning upsets people? It doesn’t matter whether BM thinks she’s guilty, he has to defend her to the best of his ability, as is her right as a human-being living in the United Kingdom. I feel like people have said this 1000 times, but any sniff of an unfair trial and the decision of the whole case is at jeopardy should LL be considered an appeal. It’s really not that hard to understand.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.