Lucy Letby Case #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so sad 😞 I’ve worked in health care over ten years and I could never imagine any of the staff doing such a thing so I can totally see why they didn’t follow anything up x
its literally inexplicable isn’t it?! I’ve posted loads of waffle about how the fact it even reached the police to me is damning. It’s so hard to explain why people within the environment understand that. Sending solidarity ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sends shivers down my spine now thinking of her alone with baby E and blood being on their face screaming, potentially a result of trauma now we know 100% there’s a murderer on the ward.
That mum knew😩 The pain LL inflicted on that poor wee baby is just horrific to think about, and LL getting rid of the mum as quick as she could, so she could carry on hurting him, and the poor mum doing as she was told cos she trusted her💔 the whole thing is just so chilling

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
its literally inexplicable isn’t it?! I’ve posted loads of waffle about how the fact it even reached the police to me is damning. It’s so hard to explain why people within the environment understand that. Sending solidarity ❤
I wonder how it come about when they finally realised something was very wrong on the unit . X

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I am assuming an internal investigation may have taken place at the time and Dr Gibbs will be cross examined in regards to whatever the findings were.

Guessing as he was overseeing the childs care he would of been involved in the process?

Pure speculation, but if it was deemed accidental/whatever the nhs equivalent is, that is the area reasonable doubt could be placed. Would explain why bm has deferred his cross, it is just not the place he needs to cast his argument. Utter guesswork on my part here for nhs procedure/process 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I keep hoping she just confesses and puts an end to this entire thing for everyone. Or BM holds his hands up and says he can’t continue
About to say this. I can see what they’re building up to with how much more calculated doses of insulin were given when she had a chance and I’m in tears. I know baby F survived but this feels different to me, so much more chilling. I’d be genuinely frightened to know I’d worked anywhere near this. F*cking ****.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I do completely agree, I just can see why at the time they wouldn’t have ever thought that was the reason. And as the parents just wanted to get F home quickly, I can see why once he stabilised the staff didn’t do any more follow up if it had meant him staying in hospital longer. I hope this has an impact on any future incidents though I really do. And please don’t think I’m disagreeing with you, I really agree with what you’re saying, I’m just seeing the perspective of where the staff may have been on it. She should have been stopped long before Q, unfortunately she used certain things to her advantage, and was so very calculating which also helped her stay under the radar too😩
No I get your point of view💖
It's a bit similar to the why baby E didn't have PM sce ario....would it have stopped her? Could the other babies have been saved?.
And as I say....irrelevant of LL they really have messed up by overlooking something so serious...it shocks me to think that they did overlook it, but, then again I've been out of the NHS a while now, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wonder how it come about when they finally realised something was very wrong on the unit . X
i imagine it went down similar to the chat on here, before the evidence was sufficient I imagine some would admit they’d seen something once that looking back felt weird, and some felt like she was the life and soul of the unit and wouldn’t harm a fly.
Bet they all resigned soon after though. There’s no way a team could be expected to lean on each other, at level 2, after this.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’m just confused as to why people accepting victims died naturally or accidentally or whatever else they thought other than foul play (despite clearly being confused by what was going on)… adds doubt around Letby’s guilt. So because all those families of shipman’s victims and his colleagues accepted they’d had strokes and heart attacks.. and all Cullen’s colleagues or victims relatives too..there is somehow doubt they were murdered after all. Makes no sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m just confused as to why people accepting victims died naturally or accidentally or whatever else they thought other than foul play (despite clearly being confused by what was going on)… adds doubt around Letby’s guilt. So because all those families of shipman’s victims and his colleagues accepted they’d had strokes and heart attacks.. and all Cullen’s colleagues or victims relatives too..there is somehow doubt they were murdered after all. Makes no sense to me.
can’t quite see what you’re asking here lovely? Do you mean why did they not stop her before this or at this point?

No I get your point of view💖
It's a bit similar to the why baby E didn't have PM sce ario....would it have stopped her? Could the other babies have been saved?.
And as I say....irrelevant of LL they really have messed up by overlooking something so serious...it shocks me to think that they did overlook it, but, then again I've been out of the NHS a while now, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised!
I agree, it’s the not following up on some things, makes you question whether it would have meant a different outcome if they had been. Unfortunately though I think LL knew where the weaknesses lay in the unit, and used it fully to her advantage, alongside manipulating her colleagues into thinking they were natural deaths, and that nothing suspicious was going on. She was one devious and evil thing

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I agree, it’s the not following up on some things, makes you question whether it would have meant a different outcome if they had been. Unfortunately though I think LL knew where the weaknesses lay in the unit, and used it fully to her advantage, alongside manipulating her colleagues into thinking they were natural deaths, and that nothing suspicious was going on. She was one devious and evil thing
one hundred percent this 🙌🏻 Spot on ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am assuming an internal investigation may have taken place at the time and Dr Gibbs will be cross examined in regards to whatever the findings were.

Guessing as he was overseeing the childs care he would of been involved in the process?

Pure speculation, but if it was deemed accidental/whatever the nhs equivalent is, that is the area reasonable doubt could be placed. Would explain why bm has deferred his cross, it is just not the place he needs to cast his argument. Utter guesswork on my part here for nhs procedure/process 🤷‍♀️
I’m not sure as the bbc have reported today, it could not have been accidental and had to be synthetic, so I don’t get why BM didn’t ask anything unless he’s waiting til the 2nd insulin allegation. But maybe he’s waiting to question other members of staff that he’s trying to say are the ones that may have done it? I don’t understand not one question from him, looks worse to me, but I’m sure there is a reason for it

6B255C3A-3994-434D-A5B6-75CE89994D1A.jpeg

I'm confused by that, because it clearly states that child F had an insulin infusion?

Reactions: 3
A question from a juror asks if the syringe driver could administer an infusion if the line has not been primed (ie if the line still has air in it).

The nurse confirms that would be the case. The equipment could have a filter connected, but it was the practice that the line would be primed before use.

Is this the first time a juror has asked a question ?

Reactions: 7
can’t quite see what you’re asking here lovely? Do you mean why did they not stop her before this or at this point?
Sorry no not at all, I am rambling clearly 🤣🙈 I can see why even though I hate that they didn’t 💔 I just mean that I don’t see why it creates doubt if other causes of death or explanations were given before the killer is caught.

Baby f had a tiny dose of insulin days before the poisoning. It would have left his system.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What a bleeping witch. Evil to her very core.

I just don’t understand how anyone could even think of harming those poor wee babies. Something so small and defenceless, and attacking it with physical trauma and insulin. Horrific.

I hope when the witch croaks they study it’s brain to see what exactly went wrong with it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.