Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
For a second I thought, wow the tide’s really turned. Then oh, it’s just me 😂😂

BF71A5BE-3969-47D1-8328-6707EE3CA033.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I'm becoming quite concerned I might end up in court one day and become a tattle thread. Can someone at least get me a court artist that can be bribed?
I'd like to apologise in advance for what I'm about to post.

''I did it on purpose because I'm not good enough to draw them'' - StatusWoe, 04/11/22

Courtroom Art.png

• Haha
Reactions: 46

gmf21

On a serious note, I’ve worked in places where half the nurses sounded just like the last few pages of this thread.

If your face didn’t fit (I.e. too old, too brown, not clarted in contour and highlights for a night shift) you were ignored, didn’t get your breaks allocated fairly, didn’t get the help you should have with patients.

Nursing can be intense, if you make a mistake, people die. I think a lot of younger women don’t have much of an identity outside work and the culture on some units can be absolutely vicious.

I’m starting to think Letby is guilty, but there is nothing wrong with taking your work seriously, enjoying the company of older colleagues, going on holiday with your parents or wearing horrible tops. Maybe she had a three bedroom house cos she didn’t spend all her wages doing keys in £200 dresses?

I am old and have never fitted in anywhere, I also did waste all my money on clothes and having a good time so I’m not feeling personally attacked. I’ve just worked in some toxic places and feel a bit sad that the thread has slid into similar “let’s pile on the frump”. It doesn’t make you prettier if you say she looks shit.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Hinchawakening

Chatty Member
Omg..you really are naive. What part of those texts seem right to you? Glad you’re not on the jury or people like you. You seem intent on her innocence, but dare not say it out loud. You’re truly do annoying
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, crack the wine open and take a chill pill. It’s a gossip forum where people can, do and are entitled to their opinions. If you’re only here to bash others views I think you’re in the wrong place. Chin chin 🍷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

avabella

VIP Member
Omg..you really are naive. What part of those texts seem right to you? Glad you’re not on the jury or people like you. You seem intent on her innocence, but dare not say it out loud. You’re truly do annoying
Say what? I'm absolutely not naive at all. Your post is just horrible, put me on block if you don't like what I write. Awful person.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

OldBlondie

VIP Member
I disagree, the stories shared were relevant. People bravely giving their experiences of examples where the NHS have failed them.
I disagree too, this is a discussion thread on the LL trial and whether people think she is guilty or innocent. A lot of posters on here are basing some of their own opinions on their own experiences, and then using these to help explain how and why this makes them believe or disbelieve certain things we are hearing in the trial. In my opinion this gives a valid, fair and broad view, that everyone is entitled to have. This is not a jack monroe thread, and I think personal stories are extremely important to our discussions on here. Gives everyone a bit of a wider perspective and keeps it balanced and fair. Without people sharing personal stories how would we know what’s “normal” in nhs and what’s not. I’m sorry but I think personal stories are EXTREMELY relevant to this thread. There’s other peoples viewpoints that I’ve seen due to them telling us about their experiences, which to me is the whole point of a discussion 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Errr no I’ll stay here thank you very much. I’m sure if everyone went to school they had the same level of education as all of us, I’m sure they were taught the word “have” is an entirely different word to “of”, it’s just laziness, and before you start again I know plenty of dyslexic people who know the difference.
As you were ……
The most embarrassing thing about you criticizing the way that other people speak, is that your own posts are littered with grammatical errors.

• Haha
  • Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
As an aside I’m also frazzled at the amount of people that use “of” instead of “have” is it really that hard to say she must “have” done it, rather than she must “of”? 🤔
Sorry to be grammar police but it really spoils my reading!! 🤦‍♀️ I’m sure there’s plenty on here feel my pain!!
Are you actually for real? Not everyone is a native speaker, LDs exist and not everyone has had access to a good education. What a petty thing to come on here and cry about.
If this is genuinely causing you to become ‘frazzled’ then you need help.

• Heart
  • Haha

Tofino

VIP Member
Slightly OT but David Fuller has pleaded guilty to more charges today. That’s 101 confirmed deceased victims (very likely more) that he sexually abused and/or penetrated in the mortuary. If a human being is capable of such a sick act then a human being is capable of anything. I think that’s why I don’t really get too caught up in the not wanting to believe she could have done this. I’ve already accepted humans are capable of such horrors. Nurses and doctors have deliberately harmed or killed patients including children and babies before. Parents kill their own babies ‘all the time’. (As in, it feels like there are regular news reports about it happening). As horrific and sick as it may be, I can very sadly believe a human being would do this to neonatal babies too.

• Sick
  • Sad
I disagree, the stories shared were relevant. People bravely giving their experiences of examples where the NHS have failed them.
Yes I think considering what this thread and trial are about (a newborn baby serial killer) I think it's fair to assume that this whole thread carries with it a trigger warning.
I scroll by any I find too upsetting but I certainly would not want anyone to feel like they cannot share their experiences here.

• Heart

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
Errr no I’ll stay here thank you very much. I’m sure if everyone went to school they had the same level of education as all of us, I’m sure they were taught the word “have” is an entirely different word to “of”, it’s just laziness, and before you start again I know plenty of dyslexic people who know the difference.
As you were ……
I’d much prefer to read a post on here full of grammatical mistakes than one full of judgement. It’s completely unnecessary.

Back to LL.

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
Baby A collapsed within 10 minutes of her giving fluids.

Baby B collapsed within 15 minutes of her taking blood gases.

Baby C collapsed while the nurse popped out of the room for a ‘very short time’ and came back to baby collapsed with Letby alone.

Baby D collapsed at 1:30am five minutes after being administered saline by Letby. Baby then collapsed again at 3am after she was given sodium chloride dose with 10% dextrose at 2:40am. At 3:20am baby is prescribed further medication by Letby and collapses for the final time at 3:45.

It’s every time she has been involved with them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Parsnipface

You lot can fuck off with yourselves I was a Jane norman QUEEN.
It was literally designed for lipstick lesbians.

Doing keys means sniffing coke in a bog from your key, not very glam.

My wife dresses like a 15 year old boy who likes heavy metal, she's tall and chunky and lovely as squishy. She doesn't care about fashion etc, never has nor will.
Doesn't mean she'd kill anyone for being different.
But if she was on trial for murder I fully expect she'd have people asking if she was listening to marilyn manson and lighting fires in bins.
(Neither of those things has she done. Just asked her to double check)

If you're on trial everything about you is questioned, is your home immaculate? Are you so glamorous that you're secretly riddled with insecurity and over compensating?
Do you look so ordinary because of fear of standing out?
Are you in debt for designer labels or are you dirty in unwashed clobber?

Everything will be scrutinised to try and paint a picture, please nobody get offended.
My fashion choices are a joke and my wife asks me, "off to a hoedown are you jess?" If I'm channelling my inner cowgirl, but if I was on trial they'd be questioning my boots and studded belts to paint a picture of my personality.

This is such a sad and serious case and I know joking around through such a case isn't everyone's cuppa but it's such a triggering case for any of us, parent or not, a light hearted chat or bit of personal experience etc kind of make these threads feel less glum.

I personally cant cope with hearing about the babies families etc but I'm hugely invested in who lucy is. The actual crimes and those poor parents hurts the soul, but I'm very intrigued by LL as a person.

Big love everyone even with all your shitty fashion choices, you're all wonderful people ❤

• Heart
Okay, I am going to try and explain why I think Letby’s messages to her colleagues were off.

She starts off saying how awful work has been. How the deaths have really hit her now she has been off work a few days. As soon as the colleague offers a realistic solution such as the counsellor Letby shuts it down immediately. She doesn't want to hear about the steps she needs to take to deal with her issues, she just wants her colleague to be sorry for her. When her colleague asks her the very reasonable question of WHY she won't go to a counsellor if its affecting her as bad as she's making out to be Letby quickly plays victim and goes "I can’t talk about it, I can't stop crying".

To me that is incredibly manipulative and also totally not true because she brought all of this up with her colleague. She just didn't get the answer she was looking for from her colleague.

When her colleague makes the next perfectly reasonable suggestion of taking time off Letby once again goes full victim and martyr by saying no "work is always my priority" and says she hasn't been crying about it until today.

To me that is, again totally manipulative, once she realised she wasn't getting any more sympathy from her colleague she totally back tracks and makes out likes it's not an issue.

I find it interesting also that she sends this message after she's been off a few days, is she bored at home, is she missing the drama and these texts are just her way of looking for attention but they didn't go to plan and her colleague told her straight what she needs to do rather than pander to her?
A171860E-D5A0-49CB-8EE8-89F00308F2CF.jpeg

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
Remember from the start of the case it was stated the text messages are agreed evidence - defence were served a copy and were allowed to add any others they felt relevant that prosecution didn’t include. Any messages not included are agreed by both sides not to be relevant to the case.

With regards to these particular messages I think we’ve had similar conversations with each baby so far and I feel like it goes round in circles.

If she’s innocent then obviously there is nothing suspicious about the messages.

If she’s guilty of murder then whilst it might not ‘prove’ she did it, the messages are still manipulative, deflecting and sinister. It’s just adds to the picture of her character and what discussions were being had amongst her and other staff. If future evidence becomes more compelling or she slips up somewhere or her credibility is questioned, messages like these add to that picture.

I also want to add that just because ‘you’ (not directing at anyone in particular, can’t remember who said what) might write something similar to her doesn’t mean she’s innocent and doesn’t mean you would be under suspicion purely on that alone. It’s like me saying I bought some rubble bags from B&Q, I hope nobody suspects me of murder. Doesn’t mean Wayne Couzens is innocent because he bought some too.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

SFV

VIP Member
In defence of Ibiza as a holiday destination for non-clubbers, there are some beautiful parts of Ibiza that are no where near the club scene, and which are family holiday spots. It looks like they went beginning of June, which is not high season either, so it would have been quieter, while I don't know what area of Ibiza they stayed in, I really don't think it's all that weird that her parents went to Ibiza and that she went with them.

Reactions: 31