Lucy Letby #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, sadly deaths will still occur, which is only to be expected. It’s the frequency and manner of these particular deaths that seems to be unusual.
This is why I have cast a vote of guilty although I will try to be open-minded as I usually am, but although I know neonatal care babies are very poorly, to have this amount like that in one year is obviously out of the ordinary. I’m sure other hospitals don’t have it like this and it was obviously strange for the hospital and colleagues to question it. If she was the one member of staff to factor every time and babies making progress suddenly became sick again in her presence, she’s clearly guilty.

Reactions: 11
Yes it’s your choice… but it’s also very hard to say no. I’ve had daily phone calls on my days off, begging me to come in, telling me how short staffed they are, telling me what the effect on patients will be if I don’t go in, saying I’m their only option, literal begging.

The NHS does not care about the well-being of their staff in any way, and are happy to eat you alive and burn you out if it means their ward is staffed.
Yes, I understand. We were getting numerous texts. Even phone calls.
Your manager should not be pressuring you like that. Refuse. They soon learn who will easily cave and who won’t.

Reactions: 7
Yes, I understand. We were getting numerous texts. Even phone calls.
Your manager should not be pressuring you like that. Refuse. They soon learn who will easily cave and who won’t.
Ive now become the manager specifically because I want to improve staff wellbeing so that practice like the above doesn’t make staff feel pressured into working an unsafe amount of hours. But I know that it’s still common place in the hospital and it’ll take a long time to change the way the nhs works - if it ever changes

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks so much. I remember with the Star and Arthur threads last year posters often wanting to go back to certain bits to pick out things they had remembered so I’m trying to future proof it!

I went down a Google rabbit hole of bbcode and html and I just thought sod this, I’ll do the brackets thing! 🤣
100% agree. It’s definitely feeling future proofed and I don’t blame you regarding the (a) (b) (c), it makes so much sense and it also fits with the categorising of those poor babies too. So makes it’s foolproof for late comers to understand.

Reactions: 4
I hope we’ll find the truth of the matter. If she killed these babies then she must be found guilty.
If there are hospital failings then they must be highlighted but an enquiry will happen after the trial.
Both possibilities are not mutually exclusive.
It’s really not about our sensibilities. I wouldn’t want to think that a serial killer could be found not guilty because people couldn’t confront the evidence.
I agree. I've said exactly the same as this since thread 1.
There's only justice when those are held accountable for their actions, whether that be LL, the hospital or both.

This is really not about my sensibilities and no need to pick that from my comment, I've raised many comments on Tattle trial threads. My original comment that you've picked up on was in response to someone else, 'why so many people think she's innocent'. At this point, I don't think she is innocent, but this is not one sided and I'm willing to hear the rest of the case, along with evidence IN FULL including her defence.
We've literally only heard the opening speech.

New thread

I'm not sure how to add the tags...does admin need to do this for every new thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I agree. I've said exactly the same as this since thread 1.
There's only justice when those are held accountable for their actions, whether that be LL, the hospital or both.

This is really not about my sensibilities and no need to pick that from my comment, I've raised many comments on Tattle trial threads. My original comment that you've picked up on was in response to someone else, 'why so many people think she's innocent'. At this point, I don't think she is innocent, but this is not one sided and I'm willing to hear the rest of the case, along with evidence IN FULL including her defence.
We've literally only heard the opening speech.

New thread

I'm not sure how to add the tags...does admin need to do this for every new thread?
I’m not disagreeing and am actually thinking along the same lines as you. Maybe I’m cynical but I’ve no problem with believing she’s guilty but I do plan to listen to all sides.

Reactions: 5
The CPS wouldn’t have brought charges if they didn’t think they had a water tight case, all these factors on their own you would probably be able to explain but put together - it doesnt really look very good for her.

I truly believe some people are just born evil and will do evil things, things we can’t comprehend and can’t explain. She might be one of these people who knows!
Absolutely. How many rape cases do you hear about where the CPS won’t take it any further, where there IS evidence but not enough to be damming in their eyes or is deemed too ambiguous. As a result many victims are extremely reluctant to come forward and press charges.

There must be so much more to this that’s yet to be revealed or for legal reasons can’t be.

Reactions: 7
Unfortunately this is just the reality of the NHS under the tories, it’s unfortunately very common for entire departments to be operating at this capacity for long periods of time and there’s just duck all you can do about it, you have to just keep coming into work each day. It’s the results of years of funding cuts and it’s just so depressing.
Absolutely 💯

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.