• Guilty

Votes: 290 70.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 98 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still unsure. Some good prosecution evidence lately.

@Lucyxxxx tbf the Facebook posting isn't nice, some of the comments made have been really unfair. I know this is tattle and we all like to gossip a bit but these are just people expressing their opinion, not influences or celebs opening themselves up to criticism. If we all agree to treat each other with some respect despite differing opinions, we should extend that to fb posters.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

@Lucyxxxx tbf the Facebook posting isn't nice, some of the comments made have been really unfair. I know this is tattle and we all like to gossip a bit but these are just people expressing their opinion, not influences or celebs opening themselves up to criticism. If we all agree to treat each other with some respect despite differing opinions, we should extend that to fb posters.
I agree with this. You don’t have to follow the FB groups if they wind you up, it’s a bit crappy to then post what’s being said from there over here and taking the piss. They’re not influencers or celebrities up for discussion so I wouldn’t say it’s fair game.

Regarding the poll, I voted guilty again. I believe at this point that all the evidence points towards LL. Of course, I’m open to hearing the defence as always and still enjoy following the discussion from all sides.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just replying to @avabella ’s post on previous thread ..

Feel a very similar way re her appearance !

As someone said ages ago, she just looks like your goofy old friend from uni! Quite an attractive face, not drop dead gorj but pretty in a plain-ish way, someone that looks approachable and non-intimidating … I don’t want all that to factor into how I feel about what she’s potentially done something so abhorrent but it’s been hard to separate the two. I wonder how I’d feel had I never seen a picture of her?

and yes about the intrusive thoughts, I have had them all my life and they’re a bugger!
I’m sure a lot of neonatal nurses have them because they are caring for something so tiny and so vulnerable, but of course that doesn’t mean you would harm them.
My counsellor ages ago told me actually people who have intrusive thoughts are LESS likely to cause any harm and they are disturbed and distressed by the thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I also don't like making fun of people that I genuinely think could be a bit emotionally and mentally impaired in some way. I feel there are people who are NG and G who fit into that category but it only seems to be the NG ones that are being shared.... it just feels a bit mean tbh.

These people are just ordinary Joe soaps who aren't in the public lime light...

I mean some of the theories have been funny but... it's still just a bit mean I think!

My counsellor ages ago told me actually people who have intrusive thoughts are LESS likely to cause any harm and they are disturbed and distressed by the thoughts
Well that's somewhat comforting as a person who had them a lot growing up and still the odd time now!! Mostly about myself mind but I hope that would still be covered!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think I had intrusive thoughts when I was babysitting. What if the mirror falls over her Moses basket? What if I’ve made her bottle wrong and it makes her poorly? What if she’s crying because I’ve accidentally hurt her? Is she too warm/cold and worrying about her blankets. I think these were probably just overprotective thoughts to keep her as safe as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think I had intrusive thoughts when I was babysitting. What if the mirror falls over her Moses basket? What if I’ve made her bottle wrong and it makes her poorly? What if she’s crying because I’ve accidentally hurt her? Is she too warm/cold and worrying about her blankets. I think these were probably just overprotective thoughts to keep her as safe as possible.
Oh God yes, when I had my first baby 3 years ago I couldn't sleep, I would just watch her CONSTANTLY. I was terrified that as soon as I closed my eyes she would stop breathing.

Can still remember the fear I felt... totally irrational but uncontrollable 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
very normal and innocent, I have those ones about my toddler ALL the time,
I’ve also experienced ones much darker 😄 about family, strangers, colleagues… violent ones, sexual ones all sorts .. I thought I was evil, but since have found out so much more about them and know I in no way wanted to act on them and they repulsed me. They’re very common.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder who they’ve aimed that post at:unsure::ROFLMAO:

people say it’s mean, which yes it may come across as that. I have never participated at all in those FB groups for a reason.

I find it mean that there are people out there, showing no thoughts for the family/babies, instead they need to prove Letby is innocent. I think they’re bleeping morons.

The screenshot I shared last night was of a particular contributor I feel to be a complete moron.

If it’s offending people that badly, I’ll refrain from doing it in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just replying to @avabella ’s post on previous thread ..

Feel a very similar way re her appearance !

As someone said ages ago, she just looks like your goofy old friend from uni! Quite an attractive face, not drop dead gorj but pretty in a plain-ish way, someone that looks approachable and non-intimidating … I don’t want all that to factor into how I feel about what she’s potentially done something so abhorrent but it’s been hard to separate the two. I wonder how I’d feel had I never seen a picture of her?

and yes about the intrusive thoughts, I have had them all my life and they’re a bugger!
I’m sure a lot of neonatal nurses have them because they are caring for something so tiny and so vulnerable, but of course that doesn’t mean you would harm them.
Yes this is exactly me! And I think it's a good thing to be aware of this and how it can affect judgement. I do find it really hard to marry the two up though and like you say, if I'd never seen a picture, would I feel differently?

Reactions: 6
I used to get intrusive thoughts of my pram rolling away of a pier and wether or not I would jump after it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve said it before but if LL was some creepy looking old bloke, I doubt there would be as much debate over whether she did it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I need the Chester standard live reporters job! He only seems to do a couple of days a week
Honestly, the days he does do always seems to fall on a day my little one is at home and he’s not live reporting when she’s at nursery.

Very annoying as it means I don’t get to follow any live reporting 😂.

Reactions: 4
very normal and innocent, I have those ones about my toddler ALL the time,
I’ve also experienced ones much darker 😄 about family, strangers, colleagues… violent ones, sexual ones all sorts .. I thought I was evil, but since have found out so much more about them and know I in no way wanted to act on them and they repulsed me. They’re very common.
I’m so glad you wrote this because I get the same about my toddler and I thought there was something wrong with me 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.