Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, the days he does do always seems to fall on a day my little one is at home and he’s not live reporting when she’s at nursery.

Very annoying as it means I don’t get to follow any live reporting 😂.
He’s always live reporting when I’ve finished a night shift and need to go to bed. A day off and he’s nowhere to be seen. This week I’ve got the whole week off and he’s been off 2 days already. I’m off to the hairdressers later and had planned to sit and follow rather than engaging in boring chit chat about Xmas shopping but he’s let me down. Bet he’s live reporting tomorrow when I’m busy all day tho!

Why can’t he just do mon-Fri, 9-5, they’re cushty hours 🤣

My intrusive thoughts usually involve car crashes. Things like wanting to grab the steering wheel to swerve the car, flicking the handbrake switch on the motorway, not braking coming up to traffic etc 😳 my bf actually let me try the handbrake thing once because I wouldn’t stop asking about it and he was insistent it wouldn’t do anything. But we were only doing about 10mph through a quiet village so it didn’t quite satisfy those intrusive thoughts - we just juddered to a halt. I’d never act on them in normal circumstances though because I’m not a psycho.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think I had intrusive thoughts when I was babysitting. What if the mirror falls over her Moses basket? What if I’ve made her bottle wrong and it makes her poorly? What if she’s crying because I’ve accidentally hurt her? Is she too warm/cold and worrying about her blankets. I think these were probably just overprotective thoughts to keep her as safe as possible.
Yes, I have intrusive thoughts at times. It used to worry me - why was I having these thoughts? But then I realised it was only at times of stress, it was as though my thoughts were reminding me to be careful.
So I don't worry about them now, I know I'm ok 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He’s always live reporting when I’ve finished a night shift and need to go to bed. A day off and he’s nowhere to be seen. This week I’ve got the whole week off and he’s been off 2 days already. I’m off to the hairdressers later and had planned to sit and follow rather than engaging in boring chit chat about Xmas shopping but he’s let me down. Bet he’s live reporting tomorrow when I’m busy all day tho!

Why can’t he just do mon-Fri, 9-5, they’re cushty hours 🤣

My intrusive thoughts usually involve car crashes. Things like wanting to grab the steering wheel to swerve the car, flicking the handbrake switch on the motorway, not braking coming up to traffic etc 😳 my bf actually let me try the handbrake thing once because I wouldn’t stop asking about it and he was insistent it wouldn’t do anything. But we were only doing about 10mph through a quiet village so it didn’t quite satisfy those intrusive thoughts - we just juddered to a halt. I’d never act on them in normal circumstances though because I’m not a psycho.
Yes I have thoughts about swerving across the road into oncoming traffic, turning the engine off mid driving etc
I’d never ever act on these things, but it is scary that your mind can think this way sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Voted unsure, due to needing to hear more evidence for Child F, as I am honestly confused on the details, still open minded for the rest of the children and charges, will probably continue until closing

Ng Overall for children A-E at the moment, will keep revisiting my decision as more evidence becomes available, as I am sure there is more to come.

Based my opinion by cross referencing witness accounts, expert opinion and medical records and noticing what appear to be inconsistencies between them (some I can account to poor reporting, others, I just can't ignore even as a medical layman with poor reporting),

Happy to be proven wrong throughout the remainder of the trial. Happy to accept I've missed tons of much needed clarity in the court room, it's just not sitting right with me because of my personal experiences and what I am seeing at the moment in court.

Still enjoy reading people's different opinions/thought processes and getting much needed help with the medical side of things.
We've got tons of brilliant points being made on all sides ❤

Reactions: 16
Yes, I have intrusive thoughts at times. It used to worry me - why was I having these thoughts? But then I realised it was only at times of stress, it was as though my thoughts were reminding me to be careful.
So I don't worry about them now, I know I'm ok 🙂
Do you have OCD at all? I do (not for cleaning though, I count obsessively). Intrusive thoughts are part of OCD and mine are terrible when I'm under stress or worried, ranging from veering my car suddenly to hitting someone as they're talking to me 😳
I obviously never have, it's the fear that I will.
Was awful when my children were small, I kept imagining I'd just drop them 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ive been quiet the last couple of weeks as I've been doing extra hours in work...I've been reading though.
I've voted guilty after voting unsure the last couple of times. After hearing the evidence for Child F, I struggle to see beyond foul play. The reasoning just fits. Will be interesting to hear from defence though.

Reactions: 20
Yes I have thoughts about swerving across the road into oncoming traffic, turning the engine off mid driving etc
I’d never ever act on these things, but it is scary that your mind can think this way sometimes.
Bonkers this!! Thought it was just me..the human mind is fascinating for what of a better word🙈😳

Reactions: 9
I thought it was just me or my ocd! I didn’t know others did it either
I genuinely thought it was just me....never ever would I do anything like that ...it literally is just a.random " thought" that goes as fast as it comes..thank god!!

Reactions: 8
I had to leave the Archie B thread as I started getting intrusive thoughts about hanging myself. I have suffered severe PND twice the second time round I've only just recovered from really so I stopped taking part in that thread.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry if I sent anyone down rabbit holes of intrusive thoughts etc - but in a way it's good to know we're not alone.

I think where I was going with that is that we all have them, it's all normal (although we may not feel it), but to have our thoughts (and if our thoughts had become actions) put out there, for everyone to hear/see/dissect.. .well that's scary isn't it :eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you have OCD at all? I do (not for cleaning though, I count obsessively). Intrusive thoughts are part of OCD and mine are terrible when I'm under stress or worried, ranging from veering my car suddenly to hitting someone as they're talking to me 😳
I obviously never have, it's the fear that I will.
Was awful when my children were small, I kept imagining I'd just drop them 😑
No, no OCD, just intrusive 'worst case scenario' thoughts when I'm stressed. I don't know why it happens but I just accept it now 🙂

Sorry if I sent anyone down rabbit holes of intrusive thoughts etc - but in a way it's good to know we're not alone.

I think where I was going with that is that we all have them, it's all normal (although we may not feel it), but to have our thoughts (and if our thoughts had become actions) put out there, for everyone to hear/see/dissect.. .well that's scary isn't it :eek:
It is scary. Thankfully most of us have the balance not to act on them, I guess. Sadly not everyone has the same control whether that’s down to mental illness, other influences or just being a psycho.

• Heart
Sounds like they only do 3 days a week. I’m guessing it’s a long trial. So they can’t be on it all the time.

Reactions: 2

Yes, but we haven't hurt or killed anyone. It probably is an awful time for LL but I won't waste my sympathy on her 😒

If she was obsessed with the ideas of twins (Im open to but not 100% sold on the idea if I'm being honest) aint it ironic that it seems the multiples will be the ones that are her undoing. Although I do think she is responsible for E&F it is kind of scary to think people can be put on trial for murders when the cause of deaths aren't conclusively established.

Reactions: 7
If she was obsessed with the ideas of twins (Im open to but not 100% sold on the idea if I'm being honest) aint it ironic that it seems the multiples will be the ones that are her undoing. Although I do think she is responsible for E&F it is kind of scary to think people can be put on trial for murders when the cause of deaths aren't conclusively established.
Well, not really, as you can be put on trial for murder even if there is no body.
Or when the body has decayed to such an extent that cause of death cannot be determined.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I would like to hear more from the prosecution on how they think LL went about tampering with the bags, if I have understood correctly is this how they are saying the insulin was administered, rather than a direct injection into the skin?

Would she have had to manually open the bag and add the insulin via a syringe before it was put up? How easy would it be to add insulin to an existing bag without it being obvious to others?

From the reporting this hasn't been explained well, I would have thought this would need to be explained to the jury to show this could be done easily without detection.

Maybe this will come up later? (sorry if I have got this completely wrong I have no medical knowledge, so please feel free to correct me)..

Reactions: 5
I would like to hear more from the prosecution on how they think LL went about tampering with the bags, if I have understood correctly is this how they are saying the insulin was administered, rather than a direct injection into the skin?

Would she have had to manually open the bag and add the insulin via a syringe before it was put up? How easy would it be to add insulin to an existing bag without it being obvious to others?

From the reporting this hasn't been explained well, I would have thought this would need to be explained to the jury to show this could be done easily without detection.

Maybe this will come up later? (sorry if I have got this completely wrong I have no medical knowledge, so please feel free to correct me)..
Very easy to add. There’s a port on the bag to add medication through. The jury had a bag passed around to demonstrate this and show them the port.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.