Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the point a lot of people are making is that there's many areas of the UK that don't have grammar schools. There's actually only 163 in England and none in my region at all. This puts kids in these areas at a disadvantage as they don't have the opportunity of attending a high performing grammar school unless they pay for it.
I work in education and I didn't even realise state grammar schools still existed until a couple of years ago.

Edit: to keep this on topic, this is obviously not Lucy's fault but it does show the inequality that's so prevalent in our education system and how where you are brought up and what school you attend can make a huge difference to your future.

Reactions: 8
Grammar schools only exist in a few counties and I thought most council's don't have them any more because they entrench privilege. Of course you can come from a less well off background and get in but it usually isn't the norm.

When Cambridgeshire had them my dad went to one and said people looked down on him because his mum was a dinner lady and his dad was a postman and they didn't live in an affluent part of Cambridge. Of course times change but I always associated grammar schools with that attitude. And I thought the 11+ was tailored towards certain people with the questions they asked.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Came for the Lucy chat, left because of the grammar school chat

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She doesn’t do enough to sustain the thread 😅 especially with her working more on ‘projects’ and writing

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It appears he's from a wealthy enough background to have gone to private school and he's high enough in his strategic communications company to appear 17th on their "meet the team" page out of 111 employees, so he's probably on good money.
I went to look and they’re all just listed alphabetically by surname.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Like others, I really enjoyed Lucy's content - especially as when they bought the house she made a big stink about it taking years to fix and not having the money and having just bought our first house (and a fixer upper) I was looking forward to watching slow progress. But apart from making bad decisions (who gets the floor changed before painting? who puts up curtains before painting?) she's fixed the roof, the bathroom, spent a fortune on decorations... not relatable at all.

Reactions: 7