Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what was the budget she got given.
Influencers not only get free stuff for themselves but also free presents for friends and family 😡 and then I feel like people feel pressure to also get all these amazing hand made pressies for their families, while supporting small business but might end up spending more money than they have in their bank account, especially if young and impressionable, and find themselves in financial trouble 😐
Screenshot_20211208-164722~2.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Influencers not only get free stuff for themselves but also free presents for friends and family 😡 and then I feel like people feel pressure to also get all these amazing hand made pressies for their families, while supporting small business but might end up spending more money than they have in their bank account, especially if young and impressionable, and find themselves in financial trouble 😐
View attachment 912700
God I used to love Lucy but she really just has no clue now does she?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
View attachment 912700
Ffs I was just looking to place an order with them too as they have some really nice stuff. I always feel a bit bitter spending my money on a company who gifts so much stuff to people who don't need it. I know it's how modern advertising works but it definitely makes me stop and think 😅

I’m really starting to dislike Lucy. She puts in zero effort most of the year but now suddenly when it’s Christmas time and she needs some cash it’s ad ad ad. It’s so ingenuine, the massive fake smile while sprinkling sugar? Pfffft.

Reactions: 17
I’m really starting to dislike Lucy. She puts in zero effort most of the year but now suddenly when it’s Christmas time and she needs some cash it’s ad ad ad. It’s so ingenuine, the massive fake smile while sprinkling sugar? Pfffft.
It's so sad as well cos she used to come across as such a genuine girl.

I feel like she stopped being genuine when she stopped the average girl fashion videos. She explained why she stopped & of course she should do whatever is best for her mental health, but it's just without those videos she just complains & does ads.

• Sad
I feel like she stopped being genuine when she stopped the average girl fashion videos. She explained why she stopped & of course she should do whatever is best for her mental health, but it's just without those videos she just complains & does ads.
She’s not an average girl any more, we know more about her background and plus what average girl can afford to buy in London? I think she’s worked out whatever she puts out in inauthentic so she might as well just take the pay checks and run

Reactions: 10
I remember when she first mentioned her and Adam wanted to buy a house she said she'd be doing a few more ads to help save for a deposit and I thought fair enough, she's been transparent and it's for an important life goal, but I think she's now become hooked on the ad revenue and got lazy with the easy money so doesn't put effort into any content that doesn't have a sponsor.

• Sad
She’s not an average girl any more, we know more about her background and plus what average girl can afford to buy in London? I think she’s worked out whatever she puts out in inauthentic so she might as well just take the pay checks and run
When she said average, I thought she meant average size in fashion being a 12-16 UK sizing.

When she said average, I thought she meant average size in fashion being a 12-16 UK sizing.
I think she meant both - average size and average kind of life. She used to try make up and stuff didn't she as well as clothes in her Average Girl Tries series. I understand why she stopped with the clothes videos if it was messing with her mental health but she can't expect people to stay tuned for ad after ad with no genuine content.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think she meant both - average size and average kind of life. She used to try make up and stuff didn't she as well as clothes in her Average Girl Tries series. I understand why she stopped with the clothes videos if it was messing with her mental health but she can't expect people to stay tuned for ad after ad with no genuine content.
I really liked her Average Girl Tries videos, I didn't even mind that they were sponsored after the first few - some of the outfits had me in absolute stitches, and it did feel relatable, like friends messing around in the changing room trying on ridiculous items of clothing. I'm glad she put her mental health first but I can't even find the energy to watch her videos anymore.

• Heart
So after unfollowing her the other day I've just had an insta ad of her and her bloody cat?! Wish I'd had the presence of mind to screenshot but I was so shocked I came straight here. Surely unfollowing someone makes them a bad ad choice for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I remember when she first mentioned her and Adam wanted to buy a house she said she'd be doing a few more ads to help save for a deposit and I thought fair enough, she's been transparent and it's for an important life goal, but I think she's now become hooked on the ad revenue and got lazy with the easy money so doesn't put effort into any content that doesn't have a sponsor.
This may be controversial but I don't really care anymore about blatant money grabs - it's been a long time since any 'influencer' really did the job for the love of it, and it is exactly that, a job. I wouldn't do my job if it didn't pay the bills, it only exists as a way for me to fund my life in the same way it does for most people and Lucy isn't an exception to that rule. HOWEVER I do agree that that would go down a lot better if she still maintained that type of old transparency.

Reactions: 5
I really liked her Average Girl Tries videos, I didn't even mind that they were sponsored after the first few - some of the outfits had me in absolute stitches, and it did feel relatable, like friends messing around in the changing room trying on ridiculous items of clothing. I'm glad she put her mental health first but I can't even find the energy to watch her videos anymore.
Honestly I would love it if she expanded average girl tries to cooking, baking, DIY projects, makeup tutorials. I totally understand not wanting to do the fashion videos anymore but she definitely could've done more with the series.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was a tad surprised to see her return to the online world yesterday after the passing of her nan, as it didn't seem that long since she had shared the sad news, but I thought fair enough, everyone grieves differently.

Just gone on Instagram and now I see why she returned... she had a coca-cola ad scheduled in for today, didn't she!

She is unbelievably predictable.

Does she say no to anything?! In what world does a Coca-Cola brand deal fit with her online persona? 5 out of her last 9 grid posts are ADs, and that's not counting the stuff she's shared on her stories!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I was a tad surprised to see her return to the online world yesterday after the passing of her nan, as it didn't seem that long since she had shared the sad news, but I thought fair enough, everyone grieves differently.

Just gone on Instagram and now I see why she returned... she had a coca-cola ad scheduled in for today, didn't she!

She is unbelievably predictable.

Does she say no to anything?! In what world does a Coca-Cola brand deal fit with her online persona? 5 out of her last 9 grid posts are ADs, and that's not counting the stuff she's shared on her stories!
Such a pointless AD too - the Coca-Cola truck tour finished a few days ago! So anyone seeing her ad today might think it's still in London!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.