Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi new member here, I always loved Lucy, sometimes she’s a bit annoying but her vlogs are quite comforting and she seems relatively normal compared to other influencers. Although I did worry about how she still makes a steady income from YouTube but then I found her partners LinkedIn and it explains it all

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Hi new member here, I always loved Lucy, sometimes she’s a bit annoying but her vlogs are quite comforting and she seems relatively normal compared to other influencers. Although I did worry about how she still makes a steady income from YouTube but then I found her partners LinkedIn and it explains it all
LOL what are you trying to say?

Reactions: 2
It appears he's from a wealthy enough background to have gone to private school and he's high enough in his strategic communications company to appear 17th on their "meet the team" page out of 111 employees, so he's probably on good money.

• Wow
It appears he's from a wealthy enough background to have gone to private school and he's high enough in his strategic communications company to appear 17th on their "meet the team" page out of 111 employees, so he's probably on good money.

Lucy went to an all girls grammar school, she really isn't an 'average girl' and never has been

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Lucy went to an all girls grammar school, she really isn't an 'average girl' and never has been
But you don’t have to pay to get into grammar where I am? You just do the test so you have to be intelligent rather than well off!

A few of my friends went to all girls grammar schools and they didn’t come from money at all and are very much average! (Other than being very smart at 11)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But you don’t have to pay to get into grammar where I am? You just do the test so you have to be intelligent rather than well off!

A few of my friends went to all girls grammar schools and they didn’t come from money at all and are very much average! (Other than being very smart at 11)
I actually know people who went to the same school as Lucy and they're pretty bog standard. It's one of the top state schools in the UK, but it is still a state school.

Reactions: 8
That is extremely normal, there is barely any difference between a grammar school and an ordinary secondary school

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I need to see his episode of the chase 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 3
That is extremely normal, there is barely any difference between a grammar school and an ordinary secondary school
you def should check your privilege if you think thats normal. i didnt even know girl grammars still existed until i went to uni.

That is odd
It isn't odd. I grew up in an extremely working class area, until I went to my russell group uni I had no idea that so many people went to grammar/private schools. I thought they were strictly reserved for the super rich and celeb kids lol

• Wow
It isn't odd. I grew up in an extremely working class area, until I went to my russell group uni I had no idea that so many people went to grammar/private schools. I thought they were strictly reserved for the super rich and celeb kids lol
I guess it depends where you’re from, I was unaware they weren’t a regular thing all over the UK so I take that back!

I wouldn’t call it a privilege though, it’s just a school you have to pass an exam to get into 🤷🏼‍♀️ As far as I am aware, grammar schools are not private and do not cost money.

Reactions: 9
There are also other schools which require 11+ pass to get in, which are not grammar. So what exactly is the privilege?

Reactions: 4
I guess it depends where you’re from, I was unaware they weren’t a regular thing all over the UK so I take that back!

I wouldn’t call it a privilege though, it’s just a school you have to pass an exam to get into 🤷🏼‍♀️ As far as I am aware, grammar schools are not private and do not cost money.
Nope and it is a privilege, look into skimming. You have to have the right cultural and social capital. It’s not just intelligence based test! The 11+ and grammar schools only exist in a few places across the UK for this reason to try and level the playing field out.
I’m so sick of people saying their like normal state schools! It’s such middle class bullshit

I got into a grammar school without tutoring, my mum was unemployed and my dad was a labourer. It’s not always financial privilege.

Reactions: 10
i don't think attending a grammar school automatically means privilege unless that place wasn't deserved - i attended a mixed grammar and like 1/5 of the year (at least) attended a prep school from the age of 7 - so that's around 35k for 4 years of primary school education which is insane to me. i suppose it's an investment in their future, but most i knew who were naturally gifted came from normal schools. some who went to prep school started to struggle in yr 10, getting additional private tuition even with the support a grammar supposedly provides. i didn't have a standard experience there anyway but i wouldn't say it's particularly special, just a high pressure environment with most kids doing higher papers and some latin / mandarin gcses.

Reactions: 2
i don't think attending a grammar school automatically means privilege unless that place wasn't deserved - i attended a mixed grammar and like 1/5 of the year (at least) attended a prep school from the age of 7 - so that's around 35k for 4 years of primary school education which is insane to me. i suppose it's an investment in their future, but most i knew who were naturally gifted came from normal schools. some who went to prep school started to struggle in yr 10, getting additional private tuition even with the support a grammar supposedly provides. i didn't have a standard experience there anyway but i wouldn't say it's particularly special, just a high pressure environment with most kids doing higher papers and some latin / mandarin gcses.
Your last sentence there explains it all…. The academic inequality between actual state schools and these places……..

Grammar is free in most areas of England but you do have to take a test (the 11+) to be admitted.

The majority of people who go to a grammar and take the 11+ do go to state school until the age of 11 and receive the same education as those who do not pass the 11+.

They teach more subjects and do higher papers because the students have passed an exam to show they are capable of coping with the advanced learning. It’s like complaining about only people who get certain grades getting into university courses. The has to be a criteria of some sort as not everyone can do advanced subjects.

As I have said a LOT of times… this thread is in rave so people have to expect that when they make negative comments about Lucy, other posters will defend her 🤷🏻‍♀️ I personally do think she seems like quite an average, normal person in that she is similar to me and I would view myself as fairly average.

You can argue she is marketing herself as average but has privilege, but I would argue the average person in the UK also has some kind of privilege too so I don’t really think it makes her disingenuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I agree that just because a school is free it doesn’t mean someone isn’t benefitting from a form of privilege. There are areas where schools won’t talk about the 11+ because of geography or because of biased attitudes towards the student population due to their skin colour or accent (or something else) etc. And parents not having the knowledge of these places also puts their children at a disadvantage (not their fault, just the case). This also comes up a lot for 1st gen university goers where there is all this stuff you’re just expected to know. (I am a middle class white women so do put me in my place if you disagree)

that being said… I also think 90% or more of influencers have (and had in their childhoods) a lot of social capital along with other privileges, so perhaps this is more or a general issue with the industry than with Lucy herself?