Lowest calorie snacks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to do something about my snacking problem. When I’m bored I eat whatever I can find. It doesn’t really matter what it is, I just need to always be grazing on something. I thought I was smart just sticking to things like rice crackers, unsalted popcorn or fruit but even those things rack up calories when you eat enough of it. Aside from celery is there anything else that I can just constantly munch on that isn’t going to make me even fatter?! Even my “sized up” jeans are tight on me now :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I find if you freeze things they can last longer when your grazing. Like if you freeze your small chocolate bars they last forever with a cuppa 😁 also frozen grapes are so nice in the summer time as are frozen low fat yogurts. If you feel like your always hungry increase your protein intake as that is what fills you for longer.. Even if your not working out a protein bar is great as a snack as its nice and sweet and really filling x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Try to stick to things that aren’t so bad. I go for ham (weird, I know - I’ll eat a few slices), apples, easy peelers, boiled eggs.. if i don’t fancy any of those I’ll go for a sugar-free fizzy drink or a big glass of squash.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Plain yogurt is a great source of protein if you don’t add any jam. Vegetable sticks (like cucumber) can be nice to munch on, too. Make sure you drink plenty of water, as your body can mistake thirst for hunger.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Safe a small portion of your meal to snack on later instead of eating something additional.

If you want to cut a snack out completely, cleaning my teeth makes me not eat til I can't taste toothpaste anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I need to do something about my snacking problem. When I’m bored I eat whatever I can find. It doesn’t really matter what it is, I just need to always be grazing on something. I thought I was smart just sticking to things like rice crackers, unsalted popcorn or fruit but even those things rack up calories when you eat enough of it. Aside from celery is there anything else that I can just constantly munch on that isn’t going to make me even fatter?! Even my “sized up” jeans are tight on me now :confused:
I have the same problem!! I find cup of soups (under 100cal) are good for filling you up and keeping you busy whilst you sip/wait for it to cool down. Then generally fizzy drinks to keep me full. My friend eats cherry tomatoes as a snack all the time and swears they keep her full. I don’t really like tomatoes though so haven’t tried it myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a real sweet tooth in the evenings after dinner. These are great with a cup of tea, the chocolate brownie ones are also delicious. They really take the sweet craving away for me.
Also I find having strawberries, raspberries, grapes etc washed and ready to go in the fridge so I just grab a handful works too!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with the other posters about the frozen grapes and I used to make up a batch of sugar free jelly and mix it in with a Muller light yogurt - still relatively low in calories and I find because I needed a spoon it takes longer to eat.

Skinny popcorn is good as you say. I also like Iced Gems (the wee biscuits) and if I’m looking for a sugar boost, the multipack Cadbury’s fudges are 98 calories.

I’m back at work 2/3 days and I find it easier in the office because I take in what I need...but when I’m at home, if I’m not in the right frame of mind then my only hope is not having too much in the house. Snacking for me is often nothing at all to do with hunger, it’s more something to do

• Heart
Here are mine:

Sugar free jelly
Carrot
Packet of skips/pom bears.
Apple sliced and fried in fry light with cinnamon.
Cuppa soup.
I have fruits in the freezer but they make my hands cold when eating.

I'll be back when I think of some more 🙂

• Heart
I buy these freeze dried strawberries, they’re super crunchy and a bit like sweets... but 64cals per bag

I also love seafood sticks which are like 15 calories each.

I don’t really eat fruit tbh but I’m pretty sure that raspberries and other berries are higher in fibre than other fruits so will help keep you fuller.... as will any protein.

• Heart
Just a word of warning re freezing choc, a friend of mine did and it broke her back tooth.
I have a similar problem re snacking. Trying to be strict and stay away from the cupboards. I think its worse because I work from home so much more now. I've tried setting alarms for mid morning snack, lunch then afternoon snack as I'm terrible for grazing.

• Heart
Apple sliced and fried in fry light with cinnamon
Now that sounds yummy 🤤

I tend to try and find 'worth it' snacks around 50-100 cals so I feel satisfied having just one or two and also something I can just grab whilst working eg:

Proper corn sweet and salted popcorn (64 cals a bag and quite a bit in there)
Babybel light (42 cals)
Pink and white wafers (50 cals)
Skinny branded choc dippers (103)
Tunnocks teacake (106 cals)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Here are mine:

Sugar free jelly
Carrot
Packet of skips/pom bears.
Apple sliced and fried in fry light with cinnamon.
Cuppa soup.
I have fruits in the freezer but they make my hands cold when eating.

I'll be back when I think of some more 🙂
I feel like apple fried in fry light and cinnamon is gonna change my life 😂 🙌🏽

apple with peanut butter (pip&nut is the best runny one)
Fibre one
Cup of tea 😩😂
Low calories crisps
Low calorie Yoghurt, sometimes have it with fruit and a little bit of honey

• Heart
Cucumber/carrots/celery with onion and garlic dip - yum!
Go Ahead Fruity Cake Bites
Watermelon - fav

• Heart
I have a real sweet tooth in the evenings after dinner. These are great with a cup of tea, the chocolate brownie ones are also delicious. They really take the sweet craving away for me.
Also I find having strawberries, raspberries, grapes etc washed and ready to go in the fridge so I just grab a handful works too!
Those fibre one in the microwave with alpro plant based custard is a game changer. 85 calories for fibre one and 75 calories per 100g custard i believe. Feels like you are having a real dessert!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Those fibre one in the microwave with alpro plant based custard is a game changer. 85 calories for fibre one and 75 calories per 100g custard i believe. Feels like you are having a real dessert!
That sounds lush, I’ll definitely give that one a go!

Reactions: 2