Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

americandirt16

I’ve only been able to catch up to episode 21. The twists they have are so much better than the UK one. Enjoying it!

Reactions: 6

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Last year was amazing so it's worth giving the 5th season of Love Island USA a chance🍹🥳⛱☀😎
I imagine this will be a quiet thread, as the show won't air on ITV for some time.
Hopefully viewers not in the US can watch via this link if you copy it into your web browser. New episodes will appear shortly after they air.
(click on the play button next to s05e01 to start streaming)

233.png

2322.png

• Heart

AnnaKey

I think Marco and, is it Hannah (?) *sorry memory problem for names 🙄
deserve to win as they've been so solid from the start.
I've been trying to figure out why this series was SO different to the recent UK one? This US one seemed like old school UK Love Island before it was so heavily produced/controlled. The couples actual connections seemed more genuine, but also the cast were more mature and at no point were they repeating the same 5 lines about being 'closed off' 'my type on paper' 'exclusive' etc etc. I wonder if this has to do with the production team being controlling about what footage is shown etc but it really feels like the recent British one was a joke in comparison. At soon as Scott entered, some of that UK 'wooden/scripted' thing seemed to come with him. It's weird.

Anyone else have any views on this?

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Kassy realizes it was Leo who banged brunette Johnnie and doesn't hold back 🤣
dfdf.png
s

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Bergie :love::ROFLMAO:
This guy is the dork character straight out of a high school/college movie. Despite enjoying fashion advice and a kissing masterclass from the guys, and flirting tips from the girls - I'm not sure he's going to experience the glow up/confidence boost needed to get himself a girl.

Last edited:

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Episode 23 from Casa Amor is amazing. A video message sent the OG girls into meltdown and 👇
Leo had sex with one of the Casa girls, Johnnie
I can't wait for the recoupling on Sunday night 🔥

AnnaKey

Jeezo. Who else is up to speed with this!? It's absolutely full on man.
The UK one stopped doing the video/postcard thing for good reason. So bad 🥹

lockdown sux

VIP Member
I like this series. I try and avoid spoilers but can’t seem to escape them.
There is no show on a Wednesday night in case anyone is wondering !

Reactions: 3

maghy7

It’s finale day 😆 Out of the 4 couples left I don’t really care who wins. Iain does a better job on the USA compared to the uk one

lockdown sux

VIP Member
Kassy and Leo have announced their split. I liked them. I know he was awful in casa but they were cute

Lmkgirl

VIP Member
Omg @Diagnosis123 thank you so so much ❤❤
Totally ditched LI UK as I missed first few episodes due to family circumstances and had no interest BUT I miss the thread and all the familiar names 😔 and the great banter we used have.
So definitely going to start this later today. Really loved last year's US season!!
Thanks so much hunni x 😘

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
I just caught up to Episode 9, and there is some really interesting drama going on with Victor/Carmen/Bergie and Also Anna/Leo/Kassy.
Bombshell Hannah is my fav girl, and either Harrison or Keenan as fav guy.
If you've watched a couple episodes and thought "Meh, I'm not sure about this", I'd recommend sticking with it as cracks are forming within relationships and friendships all over the Villa.

And how cool is it that the Villa is right on the beach! 🏖

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
What the hell is going on with Destiny? So rude to walk away from Zay and not let him speak. I think public opinion is turning on her, and hopefully she'll be gone soon. Scott in the Villa is so jarring! I don't think he's a good fit to be honest. Can't wait to see Leo's reaction to Kassy and Jonnie, and Kenzo showing big red flags with his reaction to Carmen's striptease. I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying this season compared to the UK Summer one we just slogged through."

AnnaKey

It started on the 18th of July and we're now on episode 29. You can use the link on the first page of this thread to catch up, or watch on ITVX which is a couple of weeks behind. It's worth watching as there are lots of twists and turns.

Carmen and Hannah were spot on about Kassy being self centered and immature, although they could have worded it better. There is so much going on this season it's hard to know where to start.

Kay Kay is a glutton for punishment and it seemed inevitable that she'd end up back with Keenan. The way he talks to some of the girls (And how he talked to Sarah Hyland during the Casa Recoupling) is off putting, but I don't think he's the worst guy in the world.
Leo is showing his age (21 or 22) and IMO he isn't ready for a serious relationship. I feel bad for Johnnie and she's clearly embarrassed about it all.
I find Kassy funny and ditzy and think she'll cave and take Leo back. Matia doesn't appear to have a put a foot wrong, is serious about going "all in" with Kassy yet he's been shunned since coming back to the Villa. Poor guy.
Imani ditching Kyle and suddenly developing feelings for Bergie? Yea right.

Destiny is quite selfish in my opinion. She hasn't been able to hold on to a guy and there must be a reason for that. The way she's treated Zay since returning to the Villa is disappointing. And falling asleep during the Hideaway (n)

I like Jonah and Taylor C, he's prob my favourite guy with Hannah being my fav girl (Although I don't fully trust Marco)
There are rumours swirling on Love Island USA reddit that Carmen and Kenzo may have known each other before coming in as they're both from the same city and follow some of the same people on Instagram. They do appear to be a strong couple, although she does seem to have strong opinions on other couples and I didn't like how she clung on to Bergie giving him false hope in the beginning to secure her place in the Villa.
Hannah O returning as Marco's "Ex". What a flop!

I haven't seen the latest episode with Scott entering, although I don't think he's right for this group at all. Nothing more than a gimmick.
Totally agree with all your thoughts! I've no idea how to put things behind a spoiler, so won't say too much but that latest Imani & B thing cracked me up.
Also I can't remember B's girls name but is that even genuine or is she just keen to stay in the show!?

It's so much better than the UK one which is why I'm surprised more on here aren't watching it. Thanks for posting the file sharing link, that's where I watch.
The guys are not coming off well at all. The movie night videos with the obvious under cover movement were cringeworthy to watch.
Despite all that, I feel kk is well and truly sucked in..🙄
I didn't realise someone new was going in!
To be continued..