Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalla

VIP Member
I think Millie is coming across a lot better than expected, she's also far more attractive than the awful official photo of her.

Lucinda feels a bit to me like someone who's got through life on her looks, I don't feel she ever has to try too hard at anything. Still vastly prefer her to Faye and Sharon though!

Agree with the comment about Sharon, she seems desperate to present herself as being the most intelligent person in there, yet nothing about her (other than her saying how clever she is) actually presents that, and I don't think anyone who is as great as she perceives herself to be would have had those terrible lip fillers.

Reactions: 29

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wonder if Faye and Sharon think viewers at home will have been cheering them on, standing up for women's choices or whatever it was they thought they were doing. And judging Hugo for his ignorance.
They are in for a bit of a rude awakening then.

Lonelylondon

Chatty Member
I do feel bad for Rachel, she came in and only got to pick between the 2 left overs, and then these girls come in and can pick whoever they want and steel someone’s guy

HEC1993

Chatty Member
Chloe hasn’t done anything wrong. It’s love island at the end of the day not friend island. They’re not there to make best friends, that’s just a bonus. She owes Kaz nothing. Kaz is throwing her toys out the pram

peachpancakes

It’s actually scary how much blondes have the boys in a chokehold they’re all over these girls because of their hair colour so crazy

• Haha

gardenparpie

I think someone had it right earlier when they said Brad would probably be more suitable for a show like Geordie shore where they go out and pull, rather than one around getting to know people. He doesn't seem interested at all in that, just in pursuing who he sees as the fittest, which makes for boring viewing in this programme. Also agree about the double standards across the board

• Heart

GossWhore

VIP Member
Lads, Build a Bear has made us a..... Teddy

• Heart
  • Wow

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
I *hate* the fake lips look that is everywhere right now. I have yet to see a celeb or person put filler in their lips and for them to look better for it IMO.
The flip side is that you only notice the bad outcomes. If someone has it done well, you don't necessarily know any work has been done. By only noticing the bad jobs people are prone to confirmation bias. I don't like obviously fake looking surgery or procedures either. I would have been strongly of the mindset that boob jobs are needless, until I met a girl who had a boob job which was completely natural looking. If you didn't know, you wouldn't know basically (and yes I know your post was about lips, I am just giving an example from personal experience).

In terms of the wider thread, it is also a shame that Jake feels he has to lie about his height or that it's an accepted punchline that he's short. Criticise him for his shit personality and stupid comments about women, but not his height.

Faye and Sharon really let their nasty side out again. Faye is far to easy to launch into aggressive criticism for my liking. I know Brad is dull AF, but the way she spoke to him was out of line last week. There's being assertive and then there's being aggressive. She obviously has issues of her own, but it's still unnecessary to go on like that. It's a shame she felt it necessary to get so much work done so young as I am sure her natural self was perfectly fine.

Edit: Just to add that I think Chloe is coming across quite well and I hope she stays in for a while. Shame she got so much early abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

whatstheteab

VIP Member
While Rachel did get the short end of the stick, it was still incredibly naive of her to believe that Brad was genuine.

jackolantern

VIP Member
How Sharon and Faye reacted to Hugo last night was hypocritical and mean. However, I have naturally big lips and high cheekbones. Since the rise of fillers etc, I am regularly stopped by strangers to kindly tell me that I’ve ruined my face and would be prettier without ‘all the work’. I’ve had random women just shout ‘Botox’ in my face on nights out, I’ve overheard colleagues discussing why how ‘stupid’ my lips look and god forbid I politely disagree with someone online because you can guarantee my ‘plastic face’ will be mentioned and I will be told I look like a ******. I imagine it’s the same for Sharon and Faye. I’m not defending how they dealt with it but if I get it without surgery, I dread to think what people think it’s ok to say to them.
I honestly don't think you can win as a woman though. I've never worn makeup my whole life and have had maybe 5% positive reactions to that (not that I should be even getting reactions!). It's always "oh you could look so pretty with makeup", "just a bit of mascara", "come on, just a bit of blush!", "oh it's just some lippie, what are you moaning for?". And of course the inevitable "are you sick", "are you tired?". They would never admit to it, but I strongly suspect I lost out on 3-4 jobs because of it. Although to the other extreme, in one job I got, on my first day my manager told me "I gave you it because you don't wear makeup and I think you'll make the fat women feel better". I mean, that fucking speaks for itself doesn't it? Safe to say I didn't stay. If you are 'natural', men want 'fake' and if you are 'fake', they want 'natural'. Usually what this means, is they want you dolled up, but not to the point where they can clearly tell.

• Wow

IndominusRex

VIP Member
On unseen bits the other night Faye was talking about her botched Botox and said “never get Botox girls!” But now she’s all “there’s nothing wrong with a bit of Botox!”

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Faye is disgusting to scream at Chloe like that, showing her true fish wife colours.
Toby comes across as a boy not a man, don’t see how anyone would go for him, especially Chloe. Kaz was in a different league.

Spilttea

VIP Member
I’m sorry but Chloe is awful, the weird way of talking that only comes to the fore when she is chatting to the guys. Look at how she speaks in the diary room, compared to how she was talking to Toby.

Reactions: 27