Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The issue isn’t whether or not Luca or Dami are right about Tasha of if they have a point about how she has behaved - they very well may have a point. The issue is how hypocritical they, especially Luca, are on the one hand encouraging of others like Jacques and Dami to explore connections and flirt in Casa Amor, and on the other hand be so affronted and abusive to Tasha because she did the very thing that they are so encouraging of others doing. Their hypocrisy is laid bare and that’s what viewers are finding so repulsive. That and the fact that they can’t seem to drop it with Tasha and so it’s coming across as relentless and borderline bullying. It’s plain and simply misogyny.

I’m not at all one to bandy about generalisations and I hate when terms like misogyny and gaslighting are used out of context but I have to say I’ve never seen such a blatant example of it on tv before. I would love for someone like Ekin to just say it straight to Luca, why is it ok for your boys to do what you shame Tasha for doing? Where are your boundaries and principles wih cheating? Why are you high fiving the lads for treating their girls like shit and then being a massive cunt to Tasha for exploring connections? Why are you a massive hypocritical misogynist?

He also seemed to give Billy a free pass for flirting with Gemma and made it all Gemma’s fault and responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Shinythings

VIP Member
Danica, my Queen. The reason you're not getting anywhere is cos these are all wastemen. I want to give her a hug so badly.

• Heart

Laika1234

VIP Member
Luca and Dami in the bottom 3 - hopefully it humbles them a bit especially if Tasha ans Andrew are saved.

spilldatea

VIP Member
actually pretty disturbing/concerning how none of the other girls are saying anything on tasha’s behalf??? not being funny but what kind of person just stays silent and doesn’t say a single. fucking. word when a girl is clearly getting bullied?? nah i’d be throwing hands, these men are actually vile toxic dustbins. waste of space.

Reactions: 34

cee-bee

VIP Member
I'm new here I came here to say that...

Luca's behaviour towards Gemma is VERY concerning and I pray her mum comes in there and wipes that smirky smarmy look off his face……
… Surely her family won't support it?
Louise Owens career has been being Michael Owen’s girlfriend and then wife. She came from a middle class/upper middle class family. Her dad is a businessman and she had her own horse growing up. She has been dating Michael Owen since school and by 18 he was already an up and coming star - so she’s never had a proper career per say. She left school after her GCSEs and did a NVQ in business and finance at Deeside College, and did a brief stint at a credit card company. She moved in with Michael Owen into a mansion in June 2002, aged 22. By that point I think she’d quit her job and she started an equine science course. She got pregnant with Gemma and never finished it. Gemma was born in May 2003, so it looks as though Louise got pregnant as soon as she’d moved in with Michael.

Louise has groomed Gemma to be a mini-me. Gemma is into dressage undoubtedly because of her mother. She dresses and behaves a lot older than her years - what 18 year old needs filler?!

I don’t think Louise is going to be the feminist type to come in and highlight how toxic and misogynist Lucas behaviour is. I think she’ll dislike Luca on the basis that he won’t offer Gemma the life that Louise clearly has groomed her for, essentially to be the wife of a very wealthy man.

Louise was born into a well off family, found a successful man early on and has essentially lived her life in luxury as a lady who lunches ever since, free to indulge herself in her biggest hobby; horses. Now her daughter is the same. Louise was only a few years older than Gemma when she got pregnant with her, I expect she wants Gemma to find a wealthy man ASAP and Luca is not that man.
His family are certainly well off, but Luca is a stratosphere away still, from the type of wealth Gemma has been used to growing up.

• Wow
  • Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Luca is not sorry otherwise he’d stop fucking doing it. I think he’s been told to apologise by producers cos of the Womens Aid statement

AshMay

VIP Member
Can't believe I thought Antigoni was refreshing when she first went in 😂 she's extra annoying out of the villa

• Haha

Keera

VIP Member
I want Tasha to get the text and read out Lucas name in the bottom for maximum impact 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

nicalibres

VIP Member
I don’t like the girl one bit but the constant bullying of Tasha by those two nasty cunts, while everyone just sits back and watches, is sickening. Two men constantly digging out a woman who has done absolutely nothing to them personally? And I don’t buy that they’re just sticking up for their mate - Luca has been making digs to and about Andrew from day one.

If Luca and Dami aren’t in the bottom three tonight I won’t bother watching the rest of the series cos I can’t stand watching these fucking creeps any longer. Luca gives me serial killer vibes and I’m not being facetious when I say that.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Nicnak21

Completely off topic but why do Ekinsu and Gemma look like they've had * lip filler since last nights episode 😂😳🙈

* top up

GossWhore

VIP Member
In a bikini next to my fan eating an ice lolly, AM I IN LOVE ISLAND? 🤣

Let me scream out my window to my neighbour "WHAT'S YOUR TYPE ON PAPER...ACTUALLY NO... HAVE YOU HAD A PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALATION"

LOL 5 minutes to lol

• Haha

Louby_Lou

who voted Billy?! 👀

ETA - in the poll. I'm so mixed about him.
I don't mind Billy - though he isn't consistent with what he says to the girls and the boys. With the girls he is very supportive, then becomes all 'lads, lads, lads' with the boys.

However, he DOES give me major David Brent vibes - especially when he laughs. Honestly - once you've seen it, you can't un-see it!

• Haha