Louise Pentland #8 #mumlife, crap 'wife', content free in covid strife.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to watch it but she hasn't saved the live so it's gone. Would have been really interested to hear what she said!

How many of you are planning to actually read this book? I refuse to part with money for it but just noticed I have a free audible credit so I'm going to use it to listen to the audiobook. Glad I have a free credit as I just seen its £30!
I've done exactly the same! Used a spare Audible credit. Definitely wouldn't have bought full price or wasted a credit if I didn't have a few to use though.

It'll be interesting to hear her read certain parts too.

Reactions: 3
I've done exactly the same! Used a spare Audible credit. Definitely wouldn't have bought full price or wasted a credit if I didn't have a few to use though.

Definitely. Hearing her speak it will be interesting rather than just reading the words. Although I think her posh nasally voice will start to grate on me 😂

That stupid picture of the queen on her refurbed fake distressed dressing table... What an arse she is. I would believe she did it if I had seen photos of her actually painting it... Perfect content miss creator so why didn't she vlog it???... Cos she didn't do it!!... Huge boss lady plus size pants on bloody fire.

Reactions: 5
Part way through her book and honestly quite enjoying it! Non fiction personal memoir is definitely much more suited to her writing style than a fictional narrative. The parts about her mum have been very moving. I’ve only just started the chapter about the abusive step mother and to me it’s reading very true. As someone from a Middle Eastern background the style of insults and put downs that she is writing about sound very similar to the way horrible women in my own family speak. Not suggesting women of other ethnicities can’t be abusive or cruel, just making a point that the use of language and style of phrasing Louise is describing is super familiar to me.

Honestly I feel like I now understand why Louise is super sensitive to any form of perceived criticism (warranted or otherwise). She reminds me of my cousin who grew up with a very verbally abusive overly critical mother and it also made her insanely sensitive towards criticism. I remember I once mentioned to her that the toner she used had really harsh ingredients that could damage her skin in the long run and she blocked me for two weeks haha. Ofcourse I’m only about half way through the book so won’t make a total judgment on how I feel about it until I’ve finished.

Reactions: 28
She’s uploaded a video centered on the book this morning, ’trauma, family and forgiveness’. Interesting? It makes me uncomfy that this is video content though, can’t bring myself to watch it.

Reactions: 7
A recap if you don't want to watch the video:
  • Her dad introduced her to her step mum 5 days after her mum died. The abuse lasted 8 years.
  • She got legal advice for the book and spoke to her family about it.
  • She really didn't open up about the abuse until 2015 when she had a dark scary thought when driving which pushed her to go see a therapist and acknowledge that she was abused.
  • She's writting another book.
  • She didn't mention certain people in the book in order to protect their privacy, which includes Matt and another member of her family. I'm guessing that member is Tiyana.
  • Her dad read the book.
  • Her and her dad went to counselling together. For a long time, she felt he let her down.
  • She talks about forgiveness and says she is okay that her dad didn't spot the signs because abusers are manipulative and twist things.
  • She's not sure how her family will feel about the book because they haven't all read the book yet. She said it will be a difficult/upsetting week for them because there are things mentioned in the book that they aren't aware of.
  • She was asked "Why now", as in, why she wrote the book now. She said it's because it's the first time in her life where she has felt stable, strong and well. She also has a good support system.
  • She tried to make a video about the abuse 2 years ago but she was extremely upset when filming it and never posted it.
  • She said she feels strong enough to be able to deal with any fall outs and repercussions that will come from the book

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You can watch it on facebook. Essentially she said some of the right things - wants to protect her family, doesn't want to share too much, wants to look back and be proud. I liked the line where she says that she recognises that she is flawed.

Really hope that book she is releasing tomorrow doesn't contradict all this. If there are intimate details about her PND, her marriage break up or her struggles with Pearl then everything she has just said is null. Her children will be hurt. Difficult to be proud of that.
Erm, haven't we been here before with Louise? With Darcy and then with Liam... and it seems like it only lasted a minute and then they were plastered over magazines and the like?

Only time will tell i guess.

Part of #MumLife does seem to be selling your family, literally.

Reactions: 9
The one thing I still don’t get is how she can possibly have a relationship with Tiyana when she is so vocal - publicly - about T’s mothers alleged abusive behaviour.

Reactions: 14
I am very uncomfortable with the idea of her sharing details of her abuse in a book that she is promoting with a title that is put across in the way Mumslife !! Is With flowers and a picture of her children. It doesn’t sit well with me.

Reactions: 14

return the book to audible after youve finished and get your credit back 😂

After reading that recap - thank you @saltymermaid :) - it’s obvious how much of a comfort writing this book was to her and a lot of thinking has gone into it which we’ve touched on here. Whoever it was that said Louise suited writing memoirs, I agree but I only say that because it’s writing about Louise’s favourite thing - herself - which we know she does in her fiction too.

Reactions: 8
I am very uncomfortable with the idea of her sharing details of her abuse in a book that she is promoting with a title that is put across in the way Mumslife !! Is With flowers and a picture of her children. It doesn’t sit well with me.
Is there any mention of the mention of abuse in the blurb at all? Mumlife as a title sounds like a book a first time mother would buy to get an idea from what to expect with a baby. The Hinch lady's comment about it being "heartwarming". It's very deceitful, if I didn't know it contained details of abuse and brought it I'd be very disappointed.

To be fair, Louise has put across all social media / articles / interviews that the book is not as fluffy as she originally set out for it to be, and that abuse is a heavy feature. I agree about Hinchy’s comment though. Bit misleading!

Reactions: 2
have to say I agree with this too though, she has made a big thing of the trauma in the book, but also in social media posts and on YouTube videos (today’s video title with book in hand beaming, I found very jarring) and it really jars with what it supposedly is e.g. a book on motherhood. I mean is it a book on motherhood? Or is it a memoir about her, her experiences, her life? 🙈 Yes her social media tells you the book contains her abuse but the average Jane Doe won’t know that at first glance/flick through. I do get the impression though (because she has spoken about her abuse on her channel in the past) when she markets the book to her ‘audience’ (rather than Jane Doe) there’s a ‘hear the untold story’ kind of vibe to it all.

have to say I agree with this too though, she has made a big thing of the trauma in the book, but also in social media posts and on YouTube videos (today’s video title with book in hand beaming, I found very jarring) and it really jars with what it supposedly is e.g. a book on motherhood. I mean is it a book on motherhood? Or is it a memoir about her, her experiences, her life? 🙈 Yes her social media tells you the book contains her abuse but the average Jane Doe won’t know that at first glance/flick through. I do get the impression though (because she has spoken about her abuse on her channel in the past) when she markets the book to her ‘audience’ (rather than Jane Doe) there’s a ‘hear the untold story’ kind of vibe to it all.
i agree with that.. i don't think that people would really like this book if they don't follow her or know who she was- especially with how misleading the title/ hinch review makes it seem..

Reactions: 6
I agree with everyone saying it’s a bit misleading, however, I think it’s fair to say that average buyer is going to be a fan of Louise

Why didn’t she just call it a biography? Because people are going to pick it up thinking it’s a straight forward parenting book

I think her dad was clearly cheating on her mum, or maybe they were even separated when she passed away, because no one would introduce someone that early otherwise

That story she uploaded about Liam buying her book and a paint mixer at the same time. God forbid the man buys multiple items. The 'biggest day of my year' comment was what did it for me. Rather than focus on the fact he bought her book when she probably has 50 million copies lying around her house anyway she seemed miffed he bought a mixer too. 🤣 its the chocolates all over again.
I cant see her sister taking this very well. It must be awful knowing her own mum did that to her sister without it now being constantly spoken about so publicly.

Reactions: 13
I guess Tiyana might not have known the full extent until now. Or tbf I can imagine Louise being quite forgiving towards Tiyana as she loves her and she is human and that is Tiyanas mum, its not exactly a straightforward situation. Tiyanas probably gone through a lot mentally to do with this, we dont know the exact state of her and her mums relationship and probably never will. There might be an elderly grandparent in the picture on Tiyanas side who she keeps happy by having minimal contact with her mum.
Lets face it, murderers and rapists still get family visiting them in prison and giving them places to stay when they get out so this isnt a stretch.

I can actually imagine that Louise would be okay (as much as its possible to be) with it as having lost her own mum i cant imagine she'd ever be comfortable with a scenario where Tiyana doesnt have a mum in her life because of Louise, regardless of the reason.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.