Louise Pentland #5 The writer, swimming dad fighter, Malteaser biter, and the women’s righter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two of mine were very much surprise babies (how much of a surprise can babies be when you’re having regular, poorly protected sex in your twenties) and I think people should be more open about it. A surprise/unexpected pregnancy doesn’t mean unwanted and her being so prim about it adds to that societal judgement.

This is a great book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oops-How-Rock-Mother-Surprises/dp/1440562067/
Completely agree! My sister was conceived by IVF after 10 years of trying and I came along as a surprise. It's a bit of a family joke that they "bought one and got one free" never made me feel unwanted or anything

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Completely agree! My sister was conceived by IVF after 10 years of trying and I came along as a surprise. It's a bit of a family joke that they "bought one and got one free" never made me feel unwanted or anything
If anything it’s a lesson about contraception! My kids now know all PIV can result in a baby and those are the dice you roll.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She's probably so sheepish about the circumstances of Pearl's conception because surprise babies don't really fit with her conception of a picture-perfect family and her own image that that she wants to project... She makes a big deal about bringing together her blended family, but I can't help but suspect that deep down she's pretty miffed about the fact that she did not manage to create (and maintain) the perfect family, that she'll always be a divorcée now. Like, it's one thing to accept it for what it is, but this is not how she envisaged family life when she got married to Matt and I think she has a hard time letting go of that 'ideal'. In that sense, Pearl will always be the child that came into the imperfect and flawed family. And she definitely resents and judges her dad for his multiple marriages and divorces (only to follow the same pattern...)

Reactions: 10
I think she almost resents Pearl for ruining the Mummy and Darcy club.

Oh diddums... you got knocked up and so your baby daddy had to move into your girl cave?

Reactions: 12
I feel so bad for pearl, even just the insta posts of pearl are so forced where Louise clearly feels obliged to whack a photo up of her because she’s done one of darcy

Oh diddums... you got knocked up and so your baby daddy had to move into your girl cave?
That was made VERY clear after the whole "I share my LIFE and my HOUSE with you" rant 😬

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she also (jokingly?) blames Liam that Pearl is so "hard to mother". I mean, according to Louise Darcy is a much easier child because she is just like her, so surely Pearl's spiritedness must be due to Liam's DNA, she must have gotten it from him :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
she’s a bleeping madam, if anything the calm genes come from Matt Watson the dullest man in the UK

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I wonder if she also (jokingly?) blames Liam that Pearl is so "hard to mother". I mean, according to Louise Darcy is a much easier child because she is just like her, so surely Pearl's spiritedness must be due to Liam's DNA, she must have gotten it from him :ROFLMAO:
Pearl being hard to mother definitely comes from demanding, highly strung, needy, overly dramatic Louise. Not Liam who is either a saint for putting up with Louise and her unnecessary drama (the bag of sweets drama), or a doormat for putting up with Louise for having a tantrum over a bag of sweets, and then sharing it online.

Reactions: 14
Pearl being hard to mother definitely comes from demanding, highly strung, needy, overly dramatic Louise. Not Liam who is either a saint for putting up with Louise and her unnecessary drama (the bag of sweets drama), or a doormat for putting up with Louise for having a tantrum over a bag of sweets, and then sharing it online.
Liam probably does a lot of shift work, it’s probably a blessing for their relationship.

Imagine spending thousands on Florida to only go in the parks for a couple of hours 😳🙃

Reactions: 8
She really didn't do anything on this trip, 2 hours in one park so far. All that £££££££ for nothing that couldn't be replicated in a basic package holiday in Europe. Full of stories about her being 'lumbered' with the kids or 'escaping' for date night as well. Next time she might as well give up entirely and go alone.

Reactions: 8
Why is she surprised that the most popular theme park in the world during half term was busy? Here’s an idea, if all you want is to be in a warm resort with your partner, kids and family without the hassle of a long haul flight go to bloody Spain!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yeah from the way she was talking about the trip it was NOT worth the hassle!!! Seemed like a burden to her more than a blessing. Why the rush to get them all back to this special family place? Why not wait until the kids are older or a time when they can go that is less busy? Can’t get my head round it. Or just, you know, like many other Brits, hop on a Eurostar and go to Disney Paris. I went there 3 times when I was a kid and loved it. You don’t need to do big fancy Floridian excursions, Disney Paris is HUGE to a small child, plenty of kid friendly rides and just nice for a pleasant break. Nothing wrong with Florida and I would like to go one day but it just seemed like the most innapropriately extravagant holiday for no real benefit🤣

Reactions: 17
And just to add to the Pearl was awful on the flight drama. Louise booked non- direct flights via Atlanta.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I LOVE Disney but blimey, all that money Louise has and constantly going to the same place.

So many lovely experiences to be hand all over the world.

Also, yes, its good she declared she payed for the trip and all, but unnecessary to talk about 13 flight being bought and meal plans or whatever. We know you have money, Louise, and lots of money at that.

Imagine the memories they could have made if she rented a villa for them all for a week in litterally any European country? Trips to the beach, exploring the towns, big dinners and bbqs at night. But no, louise just has to drag them all to Disney... again.

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Yes! I think this too! Pearl ruined it. I remember her saying Darcy at one point was jealous of pearl so I wonder if it's something to do with that too

I actually like Louise a lot but what’s frustrated me is for someone who claims to love Disney, she makes so many rookie mistakes.. Clearly hasn’t checked the crowd level predictions (there are loads of websites/apps that predict it months in advance), half of her pictures are captioned wrong. One of them says Boardwalk when it’s clearly at yacht and beach. Who spends an insane amount of money on Disney and then doesn’t spend any time in the parks?? Even if the kids are tired and whiney, for most people this would be a once in a lifetime holiday... you’ve spent £1000s on hotels (and POFQ is a moderate, so not cheap!) and park tickets.... It really frustrates me as someone who ACTUALLY adores Disney and can’t afford to go back anytime soon.

Reactions: 11
I actually like Louise a lot but what’s frustrated me is for someone who claims to love Disney, she makes so many rookie mistakes.. Clearly hasn’t checked the crowd level predictions (there are loads of websites/apps that predict it months in advance), half of her pictures are captioned wrong. One of them says Boardwalk when it’s clearly at yacht and beach. Who spends an insane amount of money on Disney and then doesn’t spend any time in the parks?? Even if the kids are tired and whiney, for most people this would be a once in a lifetime holiday... you’ve spent £1000s on hotels (and POFQ is a moderate, so not cheap!) and park tickets.... It really frustrates me as someone who ACTUALLY adores Disney and can’t afford to go back anytime soon.
This! It's a busy time as our half term coincided with Presidents Day holiday in the US but any crowd calendar would have told you that, but it's not impossible if you plan and book fastpasses etc. Fair enough for a first timer to get a bit overwhelmed but seems like it wasn't very well organised for someone who has been so often (and spent a tonne!)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.