Louise Pentland #5 The writer, swimming dad fighter, Malteaser biter, and the women’s righter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was looking at Louise's followers on insta and some are quite...interesting. idk if it will be in the same orders for you guys as it is for me but have a scroll, there are quite a few accounts I wouldn't expect would follow louise. Also quite a few of the accounts don't have any posts 🤔

Reactions: 6
That post about Pearl 💔

But Louise you're the #1 parenting vlogger and you have a podcast about motherhood and are QUIETLY writing a book about self-esteem and motherhood, what do you mean you can't understand or know how to handle your 2 year old's hot/ tired/ completely overwhelmed fuelled tantrum?!! Especially in the most magical place on earth! It just makes no sense does it?

But I do hope you feel a bit better after your cry and telling all your followers on social media how your child is hard to mother. Maybe a mini battery operated fan, some mickey shaped food, someone stroking your hair and talking to you in a soft voice and a little bobos with your new pilly will make you feel better? As well as all that engagement and ❤ emojis you asked for. And I'm sure when you get home you can plan another trip without the hard to mother one to compensate.

Ask yourself who's throwing the real tantrum, Louise!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And she just had to post a positive post with Queen Darcy Doodles as the photo. Poor pearls photo post is all negative.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Have always felt so bad for pearl tbh. She has had a massive social media presence since before she was born. And it seems to be continuing, full steam ahead. But not as a full person with thoughts, feelings and a LIMITS of her own. But as an accessory to her mother's #relatable #MumLife bullshit.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
she’s trying to be relatable by saying how hard toddlers are but it’s definitely a swing and a miss as all she’s done is highlight that HER choice of destination wasn’t age appropriate yet and HER inability to support her own child

Reactions: 16
Louise's post reminded me of when I decided to stop being a fan and weekly watching.
Took me right back to Pearl being a newborn and she was having a meltdown in her car saying she was jealous of Liam for being able to work and it really pissed me off. At the time, money was extremely tight for us and staying at home with my two would've been a delight for me. I missed my little girl's first steps due to returning to work early as money was ridiculously sparse.
Was pearl an actual wanted baby? Or just by Liam? As louise seems to really take this little girl for granted but looking back at her old vlogs with doodles, she wouldn't have dared to it with her. She even took her offline for ages due to predators But pearls shoved in left right and centre whenever she's with her. The newborn days are the most precious I think and she just didn't want it. I'm fortunately and luckily now a stay at home mother and while it's hard, watching them flourish is the most beautiful thing.

Reactions: 20
Louise's post reminded me of when I decided to stop being a fan and weekly watching.
Took me right back to Pearl being a newborn and she was having a meltdown in her car saying she was jealous of Liam for being able to work and it really pissed me off. At the time, money was extremely tight for us and staying at home with my two would've been a delight for me. I missed my little girl's first steps due to returning to work early as money was ridiculously sparse.
Was pearl an actual wanted baby? Or just by Liam? As louise seems to really take this little girl for granted but looking back at her old vlogs with doodles, she wouldn't have dared to it with her. She even took her offline for ages due to predators But pearls shoved in left right and centre whenever she's with her. The newborn days are the most precious I think and she just didn't want it. I'm fortunately and luckily now a stay at home mother and while it's hard, watching them flourish is the most beautiful thing.
I completely agree except I liked how raw she was at some points in the early days. I dont remember those particular comments but I did appreciate her talking about her perennial tear and hormones and feeling down and weepy. Because that's the reality for so many people

Reactions: 5
I see what you are saying, in terms of wanting to be with your children at home and feeling like she didnt appreciate it. However, I did like that realness from her there, and I actually agreed with her on that but in a different context. I was jealous of my ex husband getting a 'break' at work when I was at home with a newborn and PND. He couldn't understand why I was struggling as he thought I had it quite easy and everything should be just so because I was at home, eventhough I couldn't actually get a break and was burning out. That feeling is what I took from.that part of her vlog but maybe that's just me! x

Edited to add for clarity: Of course I was grateful to be with my son and I wouldn't have actually changed it, it was more the lack of a break and the lack of understanding from my partner that was my issue. So I felt louise was the same, but maybe not.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She comes across like she is very down at the minute, I don’t know what is or why but that’s just what I see. Almost like when someone CONSTANTLY says how happy they are they actually normally mean the total opposite.

I see what you are saying, in terms of wanting to be with your children at home and feeling like she didnt appreciate it. However, I did like that realness from her there, and I actually agreed with her on that but in a different context. I was jealous of my ex husband getting a 'break' at work when I was at home with a newborn and PND. He couldn't understand why I was struggling as he thought I had it quite easy and everything should be just so because I was at home, eventhough I couldn't actually get a break and was burning out. That feeling is what I took from.that part of her vlog but maybe that's just me! x

Edited to add for clarity: Of course I was grateful to be with my son and I wouldn't have actually changed it, it was more the lack of a break and the lack of understanding from my partner that was my issue. So I felt louise was the same, but maybe not.
Oh no, I completely agree having had really bad PND after my first and not feeling able to bond and I have looked back at those vlogs recently about the tears and how she was feeling as I'm due again in the summer. Just those particular comments rubbed me the wrong way. No one is perfect and motherhood isn't this fantastic adventure like we're supposed to think it is. But it confused me as she had more time away from pearl than any other parent would usually have. Still went to the salon, had her nails done which to anyone else would be a dream with a newborn. She had quite a bit of breaks in all honesty looking back but then is it ever easy with a newborn? That's why after her recent post about Pearl, which really was sad in comparison to Darcy's, I really question if Pearl was planned or not. We know Darcy was. We know Darcy spent way more time with Louise as she didn't have a nanny and Louise wouldn't have dared write a post like that with doodles and for a while she kept her out of the spotlight for a long time really for her safety. Especially with Liam working for the Police, I question why she isn't the same with Pearl.. From that post really she came off to me like she didn't have a clue about her own daughter.

Reactions: 10
I was looking at Louise's followers on insta and some are quite...interesting. idk if it will be in the same orders for you guys as it is for me but have a scroll, there are quite a few accounts I wouldn't expect would follow louise. Also quite a few of the accounts don't have any posts 🤔
she herself follows a few of the Duggar family and likes there posts.

• Angry
  • Sick
I don't want to speak for anyone else, but the way mummy influencers portray stay at home parenting, is such a load of shite. I did it for a short time when my eldest was a baby. Lost my job so we agreed I'd try it. As much as I loved being with my daughter all the time, it was a very lonely and depressing experience. Again, I want to reiterate that my daughter was never the problem. If it had not been for her I don't know that I would have stayed sane.

In my situation I knew nobody who stayed at home with their kids. My friends, family, and other people in my neighborhood all worked. My husband couldn't be there because he traveled for work. There was no extra cash lying around so I only shopped when we needed something. I certainly didn't have the luxury of leaving my daughter with a nanny, sitter, partner, or my mother/aunt whenever I needed to pop out for adult time. Remember, no extra spending. The one thing I do rate is attending play groups. Actually did it with both girls on the weekend after I went back to work. But unless you start with other parents it can feel like transfering schools in the middle of the year. But I do encourage you to stick with it. I made two very dear friends. One of them helped me get the job I have now. His husband got my resume in front of the right people.

Obviously my experience isn't everyone's experience. Your child's age and your circumstances will very. I just think that when these women show themselves childless in vlogs, prancing all over town doing God knows what with anyone they damn well please, while little Timmy and Janey stay with daddy or the nanny is such a crock. When did that constitute as stay at home parenting?

Reactions: 9
I don't want to speak for anyone else, but the way mummy influencers portray stay at home parenting, is such a load of shite. I did it for a short time when my eldest was a baby. Lost my job so we agreed I'd try it. As much as I loved being with my daughter all the time, it was a very lonely and depressing experience. Again, I want to reiterate that my daughter was never the problem. If it had not been for her I don't know that I would have stayed sane.

In my situation I knew nobody who stayed at home with their kids. My friends, family, and other people in my neighborhood all worked. My husband couldn't be there because he traveled for work. There was no extra cash lying around so I only shopped when we needed something. I certainly didn't have the luxury of leaving my daughter with a nanny, sitter, partner, or my mother/aunt whenever I needed to pop out for adult time. Remember, no extra spending. The one thing I do rate is attending play groups. Actually did it with both girls on the weekend after I went back to work. But unless you start with other parents it can feel like transfering schools in the middle of the year. But I do encourage you to stick with it. I made two very dear friends. One of them helped me get the job I have now. His husband got my resume in front of the right people.

Obviously my experience isn't everyone's experience. Your child's age and your circumstances will very. I just think that when these women show themselves childless in vlogs, prancing all over town doing God knows what with anyone they damn well please, while little Timmy and Janey stay with daddy or the nanny is such a crock. When did that constitute as stay at home parenting?
It seems like it's all of them too. Over privileged and the slightest inconvenience their world ends. I'm also a frequent on the RVK loves thread and it's exactly the same with her daughter and her life. 'Working' from home. But needs to escape baby to have nails done or go to Pilates.
They don't work a conventional 9-5 job, they get paid enough to live more than comfortably. #gifted items always help. It's an absolute sham and it's there's no doubt part of this is to blame for all the regular parents who stay at home who are stressed and feeling tit about themselves when they see people who 'work' from home in their big houses, help of nannies or support networks like family complain and act like spoilt brats.
Parenting can be really friggin difficult. Especially with toddlers. But there's so many on that other thread that I've seen, including myself, feeling tit at the way these people live their lives and complain about it.

Oh how I WISH some concerned and kind hearted parent had approached her during her moment of tears mid Pear meltdown. You know, to tell her how in appropriate her behaviour was, that perhaps it wasn't the child's fault to be having a tantrum, but thst there are more better ways to deal with things. Just like lovely Louise did with the swimming man 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 26
How many posts about how wonderful Liam is does she need to make? It almost feels like they are constant digs at her ex husband or she's trying to convince herself she's happy with Liam when she possibly isn't. She seemed to really love her life before Liam and Pearl came along when she only had Darcy a few days a week and could go on nights out and dates and youtube trips. I think she wishes she could go back to all that.

Reactions: 14
How many posts about how wonderful Liam is does she need to make? It almost feels like they are constant digs at her ex husband or she's trying to convince herself she's happy with Liam when she possibly isn't. She seemed to really love her life before Liam and Pearl came along when she only had Darcy a few days a week and could go on nights out and dates and youtube trips. I think she wishes she could go back to all that.
I wouldn't be surprised if she regrets having Pearl...that doesn't mean she doesn't love her. There are people who regret having children whether their first or second but it is such a taboo subject for people to talk about obviously as parents don't want to admit it. I don't have chilren but have lots of friends who do... most of them who have two, say that one was *easy* (obv still challenging) but with the second it was so much more difficult. I also think Lily Pebbles regrets having a child, she is so miserable but she did it because it is the "thing to do."

Reactions: 8
I feel bad for Liam, I get the feeling that he's stuck with Louise forever if he wants to continue to see Pearl. I mean, Louise is so high maintenance and dependent on others, that's gotta take a toll on a relationship - that got her pregnant only a year after starting dating (right?).

Even in the gushing post about Liam she managed to get in a dig at Pearl, saying that Liam is so patient with their verrryyyy 'spirited' toddler

Reactions: 12
I feel bad for Liam, I get the feeling that he's stuck with Louise forever if he wants to continue to see Pearl. I mean, Louise is so high maintenance and dependent on others, that's gotta take a toll on a relationship - that got her pregnant only a year after starting dating (right?).
I don't know. I was watching a vlog earlier as background noise. Pearl was a year old and she was working from her 'office' the nanny had pearl all day and then she went out on the night to see Esther. Liam had gotten home from work and looked after Pearl. An going over a few as I stopped watching for a bit (I'm desperate for new people to watch 😂) there's a repeat of this.
Nanny has pearl.
Louise has pearl for an hour or two. Gets nails done or has pearl and 'works' with her in her soft office then Liam has her while she sits up again 'working' in her soft office. The first one I mentioned, she was video calling was is brummie mummy? Emma? While Pearl was with the nanny. I think it sounds like she's happy without Pearl. Again, not saying she doesn't love her. But Louise seems to be happier without.

Reactions: 4
She has some nerve and arrogance to compare her situation to that of other single parents. First of all, she never was a single mother in the classical sense, she never had to "run" the family completely on her own, she was always co-parenting with Matt and only had 50% of the responsibility, 50% of the financial burden, etc. When she met Liam, she was financially independent with a high income, and she had a lot of freedom to do whatever she wanted, including travelling, going out, and dating. Yes, of course she had to think of Darcy and be responsible about introducing a new partner to her, but in what way was she not a "good package"? She was probably just scared that she'd never find another man who is spineless enough to put up with her bullshit on a daily basis. It's not like she was faced with the stereotypes and challenges that single mums have to deal with, prejudices and accusations like they're only looking for a man to finance their lifestyle, and so on.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.