Louise Cooney #7 The Cloo cropped jacket didn't make the trip: instead moonboots were worn in the rocks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve unfollowed all the influencers including Louise off Instagram the last few days and honestly I feel so much better. I get that life goes on and each to their own but the constant posing, showing off expensive gifts, promoting this false materialistic ‘living your best life’ lifestyle just doesn’t sit well given we have just come out of a pandemic and are now possibly facing a World War. Again this is just my opinion but I’m so over the unrealistic expectations put on people through Instagram in general, it’s not just influencers, it’s every second person trying to be an influencer aswell.
Same, I unfollowed quite a few over the last week!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Same, I unfollowed quite a few over the last week!
All the new build huns are the new Insta pandemic jaysus …. Bloody feature walls and useless random objects as ornaments all with small kids that aren’t allowed play and mess the Insta show house. Bore off.

Reactions: 11
I agree. I think some influencers are disconnected from reality which is Lou's case. Lou is very simple minded and lives in this bubble where she doesn't have to face the harsh realities of life. The pandemic has given a different perspective to people. I used follow quite a few influencers as I loved fashion and used to buy tons and tons of clothing. With the pandemic and the fact we had nowhere to go, I realized I spent lots of money on clothes that ultimately ended up in a donation pile a few months later, which was a huge financial write-off. That's when I started losing interest in influencers. I still like to dress stylish, but I buy a lot less and I try to focus on quality over quantity, which is why influencers like Lou have become of little interest to me (not that I ever looked up to her for fashion advice).

Lou is stuck in a pre-pandemic era (and probably the early 2010s with her stupid mirror shots). She brings nothing to the influencing world. She doesn't have a peculiar style. She never talks about important causes and when she does, it's one story here or there, but never or rarely on her actual feed. Her content is of poor quality. People are eventually going to be fed up of seeing the same Zara / Farfetch hauls and it's not like we don't know what The Ivy looks like! It's always the same boring stuff - workouts, lunch/dinner, Zara hauls, lookfantastic partnership, Farfetch promo code. Go on Sophie Murray's IG and it's the same stuff. These influencers are not bringing anything new to the table and it's getting old.

I think this whole IG influencer thing is going to die down the same way beauty gurus started disappearing from YouTube.

Reactions: 30
I’d say Lou will be a lot more passionate about promoting her new seltzer then she has been with cloo 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She's definitely outsourced the fulfilment and shipping. No way in hell she's processing and packing orders 🙄
Definitely not. She has a Shopify website platform, a website designer (Digitaliser), and a warehouse/fulfilment centre (ParcelPlanet). Keeping in mind she also has a supposed Designer, it's very difficult to understand what Louise does, other than stick her leg out in the mirror and talk about how NICE her leggings are...

I will say she probably typed the About Us, and FAQ herself on the website. Which makes the typos like "currier delays" even funnier, because she had literally one job!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm so sick of seeing those stupid windows of hers. I have windows too and I don't spend my days taking pictures of them.

We know Lou you can see the sky from your oh so fancy basic windows. Smh.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Definitely not. She has a Shopify website platform, a website designer (Digitaliser), and a warehouse/fulfilment centre (ParcelPlanet). Keeping in mind she also has a supposed Designer, it's very difficult to understand what Louise does, other than stick her leg out in the mirror and talk about how NICE her leggings are...

I will say she probably typed the About Us, and FAQ herself on the website. Which makes the typos like "currier delays" even funnier, because she had literally one job!
Almost as bad as dog bananas....IYKYK...🤣

Reactions: 1
I’ve unfollowed all the influencers including Louise off Instagram the last few days and honestly I feel so much better. I get that life goes on and each to their own but the constant posing, showing off expensive gifts, promoting this false materialistic ‘living your best life’ lifestyle just doesn’t sit well given we have just come out of a pandemic and are now possibly facing a World War. Again this is just my opinion but I’m so over the unrealistic expectations put on people through Instagram in general, it’s not just influencers, it’s every second person trying to be an influencer aswell.
While I haven't unfollowed all the influencers on my feed, Lou is one of them I have unfollowed. I'll check in once in while because deep down I genuinely want to like her since there was a reason I followed her in the first place, but her page disappoints me every time. Now I just peep her page in order to keep up with this thread 😄 . In terms of fashion/lifestyle influencers, she doesn't really offer anything I can't get somewhere else. The accounts I continue to follow have a unique voice that stand out among the sea of instahuns. Are they also materialistic and have daily links/swipe-ups? Yes. I've accepted that as part of their gig. However, they also offer useful styling tips, humorous/entertaining posts, great outfit inspo, and they all have an entrepreneurial (but not arrogant) head on their shoulders. If it weren't for their social media pages, I can still see these women succeeding in fashion/entertainment/marketing on a corporate/professional level, while I don't quite see that for Lou. She reminds me of the PR girls I used to work with who kind of just skate by on looks and favoritism.

Reactions: 7
Gutted: I bought something from River Island yesterday fir the first time in years, and today I see they're bankrolling this twit!

Going for the legally blonde look I see lol.

Influencers like her are part the reason why I stopped buy fast fashion.

Her lips Christ on a bike!!! I hope that's photoshop gone wrong and not how she actually went out looking!!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.